aaa VST 5.0V4 with rewire and reason - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: VST 5.0V4 with rewire and reason

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             01-May-01  @  06:41 PM   -   VST 5.0V4 with rewire and reason

TuneAble Noise

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I just downloaded the update to Cubase VST 5.0 V4. the update fixes some bugs but it also lets you transmit midi to reason when using the rewire application. BUT I haven't been able to get it to work.. When I load both VST and Reason they seem to work fine and sync up very good. But when I go to a midi track and select a reason synth( you can do this were you would select your midi port on the track) I get no midi to reason!!!! I called Steinberg and they said in the prefrences box with in Reason you need to select cubse for midi in the midi section but it doesn't show up! I uninstalled reason and reinstalled it to see if that would work. Nothing.....Any help would be great Just to let you know cubase seems to be working fine but reason is not reponding. What is the Reason WHY?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             01-May-01  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: VST 5.0V4 with rewire and reason

Moujik

Link?:  Link

K put up an article going thru this step by step -I'd follow this thru and then ask any more specific questions.

Peace

Message 3/9             01-May-01  @  11:44 PM   -   RE: VST 5.0V4 with rewire and reason

k

no idea mate sorry.. unless you need to activate REASON midi port in MME setup in cubase FIRST

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/9             02-May-01  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: VST 5.0V4 with rewire and reason

TuneAble Noise

I think all my settings are correct. Does anyone have VST 5.0 V4 and Reason? And if so have you got them to work through midi in Cubase? I am using a PC. Please help.

Message 5/9             03-May-01  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: VST 5.0V4 with rewire and reason

k

well think isnt yes... mebbe there IS a port that appears in MME setup so check it, i dont use reason like that so i dont know.. BUt also if you have already lots of installed midi ports from s/w synths & hardware, pc's only allow 11 i think so mebbe youve run out.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/9             10-May-01  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: VST 5.0V4 with rewire and reason

TuneAble Noise

I made it work. I had to install the hub loop back. So I am up and running. Though it is kinda fucked up how it is set up, But it works and I guess that is the main thing. Right. Well thanks for all the input and help.

Message 7/9             11-May-01  @  04:59 AM   -   RE: VST 5.0V4 with rewire and reason

k

wird... i've yet to try that... i've still got the copy of Reason sitting there staring at me on the shelf... I mess with it sometimes but so far didnt get time to do a review... rats!!!! - actualy i'm glad you brought this up, cos NOT being able to sequence it from VST etc is half the reason I didnt get into it so much as i would have done so far... cheers! :-)

Message 8/9             30-May-01  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: VST 5.0V4 with rewire and reason

matthew_j_foster

Link?:  Link

I don't know why the loopback utility was needed - rewire 2 has capabilities for sending MIDI from one application to the other!

On my system with Cubase R4 and Reason it works perfectly - the reason modules appear as MIDI outs in cubase! There's no need for any loopback program.

Message 9/9             31-May-01  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: VST 5.0V4 with rewire and reason

k

tara! - sorted... you need R4... R3 crackers all sigh together now :-)

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)