aaa Recording Cubase to Soundforge - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Recording Cubase to Soundforge

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             26-May-01  @  07:41 AM   -   Recording Cubase to Soundforge

Caligula

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Please help! How do you , if you can, record midi data sequenced in cubase 5.0 to audio using soundforge?

Many Thanks
Caligula

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             27-May-01  @  01:18 AM   -   RE: Recording Cubase to Soundforge

k

Link?: Link

turn off audio in vst - play hardware via midi - record with forge - try set different audio codex mebbe for each s/w.. mebbe you can get it to not need audio to be switched off in vst by using different drivers for forge?...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             28-May-01  @  05:37 AM   -   RE: Recording Cubase to Soundforge

influx

Link?:  Link

you cant, can you? not on the same machine. you need to record in cubase first, then designate soundforge as your preferred audio editor, then double click on the recording and itll open in SF. then you can save from there.

did I miss something?

if anything wouldnt that be simpler?

Message 4/9             28-May-01  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Recording Cubase to Soundforge

k

it depends if he's trying to play midi outboard with vst or internal audio - if it's internal sure, export it inside the pc

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/9             01-Jun-01  @  05:29 AM   -   RE: Recording Cubase to Soundforge

Caligula

File?:  File

Screen dump from cubase.doc

Thanks for your interset guys! Yes I am playing midi outboard with VST. I was able to play my midi from cubase 3.7 and record into SF but when I try to do it now I get an error message(see attached word document). I,ve also just installed 98 second edition in order for my midex interface and C5 to work properly.

Would it be easier to record my song to a philips CD770, then record into SF, play around with it a a bit and send it back to the CD770 via the optical link from the SB Platinum Live ?

Many Thanks...
C

Message 6/9             01-Jun-01  @  05:34 AM   -   RE: Recording Cubase to Soundforge

Caligula

Please ignore the spelling mistakes!!!

Ta!

C

Message 7/9             01-Jun-01  @  08:28 AM   -   RE: Recording Cubase to Soundforge

k

why cant you just record it into vst?? then export it from there to forge?..

Message 8/9             01-Jun-01  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: Recording Cubase to Soundforge

Caligula

I've tried but I think I must be doing something wrong. If you've got time please tell me how to do it. Steinberg need to release a book called "Cubase for DUMMIES".

Many Thanks
C

Message 9/9             02-Jun-01  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: Recording Cubase to Soundforge

k

well, you first decide wether to record a stereo or mono audio file... then go to an empty vst audio track or create one, title it, set it to mono or stereo...

next, route the hardware you want to record into the soundcard inputs... then go to the vst mixer and at the top of the stereo/mono audio mixer channel (the one you are going to record into), is a cream-white button - click it on it's right edge & a list of inputs appears, and make sure the input is correct.. select the required input (for mon track/channel with a simple stereo in/out card it'll be a choice of Audio IN L, or Audio IN R etc)...... then when select is done, depress it so it is lit... now when you play the synth/hardware manualy, you'll see themixer channel audio-meter move and see the incoming audio....

ok, back to the arrange page... make sure your midi part is triggering the hardware, make sure NO other hardware is ALSO routed thru to the soundcard input you're recording on otherwise the file you record will have the required sound and others mixed with it when you finish recording which you dont want mebbe (although obviously you CAN record a blend of as many outboard parts to an audio track as you like)... then with the audio-track highlighted (the record one) hit record...

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)