aaa For a change, cheesy pop song - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: For a change, cheesy pop song

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             30-Jul-03  @  09:56 PM   -   For a change, cheesy pop song

hakerman

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Err, hey

Does anyone have experience with doing cheesy pop type music? See i'm working on this one song, and was wondering if there's anything I can do to give it a little spice. I know the lyrics suck, and signing is not quite great yet but anyhow.

http://www.dancetech.com/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACFFF186804701.mp3

oh yah, the song is called "When you cry", lol

Tom

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             31-Jul-03  @  06:34 AM   -   RE: For a change, cheesy pop song

Garuna

Link?:  Link

Yes this is cheesy. But cheesy is good. The song needs to be pushed. OK so you're not an opera singer... but put some feeling into it, overdo it.... After that give to some of the break guys and trance guys here to remix. I think something cool can come out of this....

Message 3/12             31-Jul-03  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: For a change, cheesy pop song

Thomas Laskowski

Hey Garuna,

Thanks for the comments.

But except for the vocals, what do you think about the over mix? I think it sounds kinda dry and I am not sure what to do about it. I already changed the intro piano sounds with a DX piano and the bass also, for some variety and it does sound a bit better.

Trance remix of this? haha, i guess that would be interesting, I would like to hear that

Tom

Message 4/12             01-Aug-03  @  12:38 AM   -   RE: For a change, cheesy pop song

Defector z

Link?:  No link

Forget trance.

Message 5/12             01-Aug-03  @  01:34 AM   -   RE: For a change, cheesy pop song

dan-s

liked the melody... liked it a lot!

I think it's a bit sad that you consider it a cheesy pop song, and arranged and produced according to that. With a bit more confidence it might turn into something great.

And by that I don't mean making a trance version of it.  

Message 6/12             02-Aug-03  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: For a change, cheesy pop song

Thomas Laskowski

Hey Dan,

Thanks.

Yeah, I am serious about the song, its just that it's a change from all the other electronic stuff i've done in the past...

Tom

Message 7/12             04-Aug-03  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: For a change, cheesy pop song

queasy00

tom: you still are gonna to do that trance mix aren't you? :p

-j

Message 8/12             05-Aug-03  @  12:47 AM   -   RE: For a change, cheesy pop song

Tom

Haha, I dont think that's gonna happen!

Tom

Message 9/12             05-Aug-03  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: For a change, cheesy pop song

BluStudio

hey, i reckon, like garuna said, you need to really do those vocals - they sounded a bit soft, supposed to be cheeky pop mix innit, give em some oomph!

blu

Message 10/12             05-Aug-03  @  01:50 AM   -   RE: For a change, cheesy pop song

Tom

Allright, i'll try doing the vocals again. But my voice is kinda soft, so i'll have to really try.

Tom

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)