aaa New music site / section - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New music site / section

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/22             11-Aug-03  @  02:22 PM   -   New music site / section

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

it's getting there! - Soon the new music section will open up a fresh browser window and a new site. We can get it up and running soon, but the full-blown affair with merchant accounts will take a bit more time. We got the merchant status already, but coding in the transactional stuff will take time & testing

Finaly the whole site has to be fully bug-tested for Mac browsers  

Anyways, as soon as I've finished the admin, I'll need some alternative artists, so if you know anyone or write a set of non-dance music you'd like to upload, it'll soon be ready to test some rock and what have you music!

i think i'll add a section for adding lo-bandwidth on-line video's too  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/22             11-Aug-03  @  02:22 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

k

Link?: Link

shit... forgot the link!!.... dur!...

Message 3/22             11-Aug-03  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

k

7161 DOT COM

hmm.... some bastard stole 716.com whilke I was working on it... grrrr...

i think it's easy to remember tho.

Message 4/22             11-Aug-03  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

pb

Looks great so far k. Some broken links in places though... can i ask why 716?

Message 5/22             11-Aug-03  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

K

YEAH, WE MOVED IT'S LOCATION TODAY SO I'M GOING THRU CORRECTING THE URL ERRORS AND TEMPLATE ERRORS... oh shit bloody caps!

716?... well it's now 7161.com

try putting some names into netsol.com search.... every variation you can think of no matter how bizzarre for a music-site is gone!... So i started calling it 716.com, The domain-name 716.com was free in the spring when I named it.... then I went to register it a few weeks ago and found someone in H-Kong has registered very 3 digit combinaton of numbers!!!.... names are getting VERY rare so anything short and memorable on the www for a dmain name now is hard to get..

i think 7161.com is REAL easy to remember, like a phone number for directories or whatever. You have sites like 'Necromancer' which is a memorable name, so I could have choosen a longer name which like necromancer or whatever would have no word relevent to music or what the site does in the title, but then why not 4 digits?... stands out with a name like that I think.

Anyways I'll tidy up all the broken links, it should be browsable thru-out soon....

To get it up and running to accept FREE membership for adding LO-FI tracks for other styles like rock or acoustic music etc, I need to finish only the admin section so users can add tracks & edit them etc.... plus a few site tweaks... then we can get some rock and other styles uploaded... i added ONE rock band (I'm playing guitar for) already.

I'm sure you noticed that all DT added tracks merge with the site so you all will appear on the new site ready to go!

You can access the admin at either site and all your tracks etc listed are identical.

Message 6/22             11-Aug-03  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

queasy00

Link?:  Link

excitement central k! does this mean that now i won't be stuck for half 'n' hour at the "choose your genre" section and the giving up and choosing "raw songs" ;)

ps: about the HK guy... that bastard! i bet he didn't register EVERY number.. just most numbers that are "lucky"... ie. not 4, 14, 414, etc.

off to check it out now...

-j

Message 7/22             11-Aug-03  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

queasy00

just a small thing...
if aimed at some ppl who aren't so techy-savy... maybe change the d/l link to "download"
?

anyway. looks good!
-j

Message 8/22             11-Aug-03  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

Broken Silence

COOL shit!!!!!!

Message 9/22             12-Aug-03  @  12:53 AM   -   RE: New music site / section

Omo

Just had a butchers k, looks fine to me.

Message 10/22             12-Aug-03  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: New music site / section

beds

i'll stick my sheep music on there then.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)