aaa eleVen-UP - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: eleVen-UP

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/23             12-Jul-03  @  07:48 PM   -   eleVen-UP

mcc>

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

got a new track up which features the linplug albino softy-synth. it's a very basic saw-sound used as the pulse pattern. it gets doubled in portions and slightly filtered but hopefully you can still enjoy it's simple richness.
the snake-flutter is the absynth....in my opinion the king of weird useable sounds....as is the space-orient bell that chimes thru here and there..
my rebirth keeps me employed by no one til i get my hands on something better.

ableton live is a great audio sequencer...imho...
kinda like a poor-man's pro-tools but without the midi-sequencer.
it runs on a 266mhz g3 so i'll keep it.

sorry about the horrible mix of "this afternoon".
it's always kind of weird when someone you love tells you if they were you they'd just have to shoot themself. a quick escape into some music which brings energy and joy is always a welcome remedy for me in times like these. having felt i kinda gone there...i was just excited to get the song up without worrying tooo much about how clean it was.
as most of you know by now "cleanliness is next to godliness" and this boy JUST AIN'T THAT GODLY!
i have a much more respectful mix ready(cowbells in ladyland mix) to upload so hopefully you might give it another whirl to get a clearer picture of what it's about.

anyway...clay...blah...enuff...shut up already...luv and respect to all my DT cohorts and
homies and friends.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/23             12-Jul-03  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: eleVen-UP

Maarten

Link?: Link

Love the Albino sound.. nice n raw. eww, nice drum-programming imho. Think that 'snake-flutter' could have some more movement on it's one through the track though.. maybe a real slow filter-sweep or sumtin. ew again, I love the drums man.  
Yep, sweet track

Message 3/23             12-Jul-03  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: eleVen-UP

mcc>

thanks maarten....funny that i thought the exact thing about the flutter sound and yet never got around to fixing it. there's also a couple loop-pops in the added kicks...i think~ so i gotta dig back into it anyway.
glad you liked the drums!

thanks for listening>

Message 4/23             14-Jul-03  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: eleVen-UP

Broken Silence

Hey,

Listening-

The second flutter sound sounds a bit off..little late sounding

are we hearing some new virus b in there?!?

303 thing in the back should come forward! I like it

drum patterns are phat...compliments the bass very well

it sounds like you're missing one thing...like a pad or another part to break the repetition + some more flare

I like the break alot around 4:30 with just the drums and bass

that dreamy synth is fucking sweet...wow thats really badass - esp that little loop

I think it's a great song except that it is a little repetitive before that dreamy sound comes in. Maybe have that play twice?

Cool stuff though, really cool

Message 5/23             14-Jul-03  @  11:58 PM   -   RE: eleVen-UP

BluStudio

i reckon the delay mebbe needs looked at on that first part? just sounds a wee bit off? intentional?

At 1.49 i was just dying for a drop out and some ruff as fuck rollin' tin can shit to come firing through, prolly not the style you r shootin for tho  

Like that sound/counter that comes in at 5.14! i would have had that about at the bit where the beat drps out for a bit

anyhow, dunna want to comment to much cos not really enough knoledge on genre, but thought id throw a line down ya know

BluFuckinVuDuBaby!

Message 6/23             15-Jul-03  @  01:18 AM   -   RE: eleVen-UP

mcc>

thanks for the listens. the mix is a little rushed and even limp as it never went thru the t-racks. and yes...everything screwed up in my work is intentional. haha! it's called artistic license!
smirk.

anyway... i thought it was blufookingvudu? so what gives, eh?

Message 7/23             15-Jul-03  @  02:13 AM   -   RE: eleVen-UP

BluStudio

that was last weeks spelling matey  

Message 8/23             15-Jul-03  @  02:30 AM   -   RE: eleVen-UP

mcc>

i forgot who said it....

but anyway:

SPELLING IS EVERYTHING!

Message 9/23             17-Jul-03  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: eleVen-UP

Garuna

Link?:  Link

Great track. Amazing drum programming. This is very original stuff. Like to hear the hifi. Impressed, man.....

Message 10/23             17-Jul-03  @  02:45 PM   -   RE: eleVen-UP

mcc>

thanks garuna. i hope to have a better mix up next week. currently i'm working on a very DIFFERENT version of >this afternoon....using the last eight seconds as the main motif and bringing up the drums.

always appreciate the feedback.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)