aaa Influx at it again - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Influx at it again

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/35             12-Aug-03  @  09:47 AM   -   Influx at it again

Influx

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

This shit has just dragged on for WAY too long.

cant do 24/22 cuz it aint mixed right. wont mono. mostly cuz of the high end of the bassline...real wide!

anyway...everything seems cool, and then it kinda just falls apart at the end...thought someone might have a suggestion

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/35             12-Aug-03  @  11:34 AM   -   RE: Influx at it again

dan-s

cool, liked the bassline. not into to this kind of music but some of my friends spin breaks and i'd say it wouldn't sound out of place in of their sets.
Lacks something trebly... some kind of rythmic noises, lazer type sounds perhaps?

Message 3/35             12-Aug-03  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: Influx at it again

PB

Link?:  No link

nice one. For some reason - to me, it sounds very lofi for 64kbps. Wonder how the hifi sounds... Yep like the bassline as usual. Neat sounds. Nice drumprog

As for the lazer sounds, i hear a few now...around 2:00 point. Good one mr. influx.

Message 4/35             12-Aug-03  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: Influx at it again

Influx

heh. lazer sounds.

yeah, the 64k doesnt sound for shit. I was just more lookin for structural stuff etc.

Im just gonna force myself to finish it and then run the other direction

Message 5/35             12-Aug-03  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: Influx at it again

psylichon

ew!.... intro progression seems timed just right... bass at 1:00 seems perfectly timed to me

around 1:30 i would move into a little "b section" instead of repeating the bassline twice as often, ya know? something similar to what you have, but that lets you know the "chorus section" is coming up. I'm using traditional song terms here but hopefully you'll know what i mean.

mix sounds tight to me in lofi. The snare could be a bit brighter... maybe the drums in general? Or is that just the lofi translation?

by about 3:30-3:50 is getting a bit repetitive. The new elements are nice, but I'm wanting a change up of chord progression or something more drastic.

nice breakdown. I would experiment with sections of drops like this throughout the song, just for a little extra flavor.

Worthy effort, my friend. Got me movin, no doubt.

Message 6/35             13-Aug-03  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: Influx at it again

moaner

Link?:  No link

sorry, but what track are you talkin about? ( influx has 16 songs to choose from : )

Message 7/35             13-Aug-03  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: Influx at it again

psylichon

yeah it's not exactly obvious. Usually in such cases, you can go to the "music" link on the nav bar and on the left is the most recent additions.

Here's the link

Message 8/35             13-Aug-03  @  12:43 AM   -   RE: Influx at it again

Influx

jeez. sorry. its called "Detonator"

Message 9/35             13-Aug-03  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: Influx at it again

JJ Freqy

I really, really liked the bassline a lot, very nice! That was a great breakdown at 1:30 to really get the bassline in there.

Liked all the percussion, but I guess the lo fi takes a lot out of the mix. The only thing I don't dig is the repetitive vocals samples. Great track though!

Message 10/35             13-Aug-03  @  02:36 AM   -   RE: Influx at it again

Influx

danke. yeah..the vocals too.

more meant to be a percussive element than anything. should do somethin with it

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)