aaa Getting to know the new paradigm - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Getting to know the new paradigm

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 25-Jul-03  @  02:18 PM     Edit: 25-Jul-03  |  03:47 PM   -   Getting to know the new paradigm

Mick

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Experimenting with a few softsynths and plugins in Cubase. Cubase was used to randomly trigger one or two notes on the softsynths in order to modulate and process the tone produced as well as to mix and automate the plugins over a timeline. I was curious about working within the confines of a laptop, no hardware synths or processors, and no input devices other than the pointing stick (mouse) on my lappy. Its interesting because without the input device I'm used to (keyboard & Roland kit) I'm taken one step further away from ideas rooted in traditional melody or percussive based rhythm. The results are spotty at best, I know, it being a first go and all but I like the general direction. Perhaps, at some point, a bit of sampled psychobabble, PolitSpeak, or stream of conscience type "spoken word" (think Steven Jesse Bernstein) added to the mix...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/11             28-Jul-03  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: Getting to know the new paradigm

Mick

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Many thanks.

"...glad I'm not on drugs right now." I'm thinking that may be what I was going for though. ;)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)