aaa new bs tune - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: new bs tune

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             12-Mar-04  @  03:33 AM   -   new bs tune

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey-

I've got a new tune that I'm working on. I'd love any feedback on anything about the track, especially the mix.

You can nab it at my homepage^ It's called "Mechanos"

Trying very hard to get into more modern sounding trance with some energy. This is deffo a darker sounding tune than my earlier stuff.

Anything would be great- arrangement issues, techie shit, production, etc

Thanks alot!

Andrew

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             13-Mar-04  @  07:05 AM   -   RE: new bs tune

mcc>

Link?:  No link

there's aspects to this that i really like but it has nothing to do with the beat.
the beat feels splashy and contrived and routine like you been listening to a lot of jeremiah or something. (tell me it's not true.)
the opening is much-too-dramatic as if to announce the return of the big-bang.
the melodic hooks and alleys are strong and yet fall short when it comes to fully exploring the final angle which should complete the circle.

i really like where the beat ends up after the 7 min. mark.
now there's a little funk there that feels real. an even quieter more sinister version of that at the beginning...to whet one's curiosity and apetite would be good.
there's enough in the music to keep us going for you to be able to relax on
your most-exciting-beat-in-the-world sensibility at some point.
explore a little. try a different pasture.
feel the music a bit and let the song tell you how the rhythm works instead of forcing all of your stuff onto the same or similar template so often.
like i said...roam.
let me know what you come up with.
i'm sure to like it.

Message 3/12             13-Mar-04  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: new bs tune

PB

AGGG I just wrote my thing and it messed up!

it went something like this except condensed:

I like wippy wap thing that turns to be the lead bass sound
Ahh heres where the trancier sounds kick in - i'm liking this
I actually kinda like the point right before the breakdown with the piano - I think that would have worked better than the trancier sounds
Nice conclusion to it all.

Message 4/12             13-Mar-04  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: new bs tune

GrooveMonkey

Ahh well..

the lead at 0.40 sounds a bit off. but then it seems to fit in later on..

Other than that nice sounds , good mix, likin it.

I have no idea what the current trends in trance are these days, but this is pretty neat mang.

G

Message 5/12             14-Mar-04  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: new bs tune

Broken Silence

thanks for the listens folks! Uploaded an update just now- it's got:

1) a new lead line

2) a little pad in the intro

3) slightly different arrangement after the first melodic sequence. When the kicks are slamming after the melody finishes the first time, the bassline doesnt change until the melody comes back. The melody doesnt come back either until the breakdown- sounds less amateur to me

Message 6/12             14-Mar-04  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: new bs tune

milan

yeah man, this is really good. expecially like the bit before the breakdown, excellent stuff (for trance :P)

the mix sounds pretty solid. maybe it could use more depth but since this is lofi........

regards, m

Message 7/12             16-Mar-04  @  01:56 AM     Edit: 16-Mar-04  |  02:00 AM   -   RE: new bs tune

BluStudio

hey,

you know what i think More white keys on the next one tho innit, oh and fuckin AUDIO

blu

Message 8/12             16-Mar-04  @  03:10 AM   -   RE: new bs tune

influx

Link?:  Link

whats that mean, audio?

Message 9/12             16-Mar-04  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: new bs tune

RagnarOk

Uh, personally I liked the original version much better (without that delayed arpy-lead-sound). Anyway, the arragnement and mix IS decent for sure. The question is if this really should be a trance tune. I don't have the usual preconception against trance you know, but I got the feeling that somehow this over excited big bangy boomy approach is - while implemented decently and without a hitch - a bit too much and a bit too cheap to the content you've created. This song is just too good to be wasted to be trance, damn, I said it.

Anyway, I listened to the version you've uploaded first on a train on friday, and don't get me wrong, I liked it very much, so I place a well-deserved thumbs-up picture here:

My 2c for today at least (and I have a bad day for sure).
And my kingdom for a hifi of the original.
Even better, a chance to remix it?

Message 10/12             16-Mar-04  @  04:06 PM     Edit: 16-Mar-04  |  04:06 PM   -   RE: new bs tune

woland_ex

I'm listening...

...it has a good rhythm (simple techno scheme, but sounds very good) ... the bass is cool too ... the pads are very impressed me at first, but at the end of the pads "melody" is a little sad: I think it can be much better with an "optimistic ending" of the melody, which means the last note (or accord?) should be a higher note (higher frequency), not lower than the previous one.

Is there anyone whos understand my previous sentence? :-) I hope so.   [I have to find an english teacher. with big boobs. :]

I know that the trance songs are so loooong, but I think a bit shorter edit is better.

But that is _my opinion_ only, and last but not least, I enjoyed it well!!!

best,
woland_ex

Message 11/12             16-Mar-04  @  06:35 PM     Edit: 16-Mar-04  |  06:36 PM   -   RE: new bs tune

Maarten

wow, pleasantly suprised andrew.. certainly by the first 2 1/2 minutes. The trancey parts aren't even giving me any major twitches ;) But considering the first two minutes -and round 4 minute mark- I'd love to hear you do an all dark track sometime, just for my entertainment  

Message 12/12             18-Mar-04  @  08:01 PM   -   RE: new bs tune

Broken Silence

Cool guys, thanks for listening and dropping feedback!

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)