aaa back with new track - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: back with new track

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             09-Aug-03  @  01:44 PM   -   back with new track

DjMiK

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi folks! It's been a long time since I've been to dt. I thought I'd upload something new.. My style has maybe evolved a bit..(?) Listen to this track and let me know what you think. It's groovy club track with uplifting trance melodies and vocals. You can't hear all the drums at this bitrate but I decided to keep it down. I've been negotiating a deal with small label here in finland and hoping to get this released.. Let's see how it turns out. The track is called "Clubsound"

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             09-Aug-03  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: back with new track

djrandomchancelogik

Very nice Mik, wondered where ya went my friend =) Keep up the good work, hope ya can dish out an album in the next few months. I'll email ya later if I get the chance (just got back from a big party, only have had 4 hours of sleep or so).

Talk to you later,
~Logik

Message 3/12             11-Aug-03  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: back with new track

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

eep just noticed you had a thread here!

I listened to the track a few times last night and I was very pleased. It does need some work methinks. Absolutley flawless technical work- it sounds really pro.

The track to me lacks depth and "meatiness" if you know what I mean. I think it definatley needs some more pady-string type sounds in there. More airyness. It could also use some more elements like arpy sounds in the back or something. All the sounds you use are "in your face" in the front type sounds- you need more airy background stuff- especially where the bassline changes in the intro- that is a MUST.

The melody and the vocals are great! Again I think there should be more elements at the melody sequence. A pad kind of shows up- but not really. Bring that up front.

Over all I think it's great but it is dying for more shiznat in the song!! (at least what I think :D)

Good job!!

Andrew

Message 4/12             11-Aug-03  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: back with new track

Broken Silence

^^oh yeah- one more thing. What synth did ya use on the melody? Just curious...

Message 5/12             12-Aug-03  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: back with new track

pb

Mik. I thought you have become missing. Listened to some live mix you uploaded a few days ago. It sounded nice. Listening to Clubsound now. I must say, your style has changed quite a bit. Like BS says, kinda missing the airy pads you used to have. I kinda miss those... Nice track though.

Message 6/12             12-Aug-03  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: back with new track

psylichon

well it sure is loud, ain't it?

comfortably predictable builds and breaks, but well-constructed nonetheless. that arp sounds like one of broken silence's tho ;)

j/k... nice effort overall. nothing startlingly original, but once again you're showing you got production chops to spare.

Message 7/12             13-Aug-03  @  03:56 AM   -   RE: back with new track

Garuna

Link?:  Link

Very solid. Like the vocals. Be cool to do something different with the vox.

Message 8/12             13-Aug-03  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: back with new track

0/d

Boom tish, I listened to a few of your tracks, can't remember which one was which but...

Man, your music just oozes with this sense of optomism.

Go get depressed, get 'I want to smash everything and rip the world apart' angry and make a track, cause I'd love to hear what you come with!

Your stuff is nearly too nice! I mean, I listen to your tracks and I hear a person who absolutely loves what he does. And thats whats it all about.

Excellent skill, well presented and mixed... Maybe its not the most original of genres or open for experimentation... but good stuff nonetheless.

Cool pics Btw

Message 9/12             19-Aug-03  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: back with new track

GrooveMonkey

Listening....

Vocals come in too early, kinda sounds confused at the very begining.

Synths come in really nice, nice key change at 1:35 ish

break is ok, but a bit expected in its construction, but then I do the same..

really cool trancey sounds, but like Andrew sez, it needs more meat. Neat track overall, well produced

nice one Mik!

G

Message 10/12             24-Aug-03  @  07:12 PM     Edit: 24-Aug-03  |  07:17 PM   -   RE: back with new track

DjMiK

Thanks for the comments! I've been offline for a while again.

Now that I listen to the track I think it could use some more pads and airy sounds like BS said. Maybe I'll continue with the track some day.   I used Roland XP10 and P8 Superwave VSTi for the leads.

O/d, I've tried to do more aggressive tracks.. Those rarely get ready. I have one hard trance track though, called Energy. The problem is whenever I'm angry I can't sit by the computer for a long time.   I've been working on some harder and darker tracks..hoping to get those ready some day.

Those vocals on the beginning somehow sound like they're on a wrong key though I forced them to notes on the scale.

Message 11/12             24-Aug-03  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: back with new track

slickqd

What kinda gear do you use?

Message 12/12             25-Aug-03  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: back with new track

beds

props to mik   when you gonna do more stuff like that thing you did? ... you know ... the non-trance one, your world etc. listening to it again now, well good.

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)