aaa its so f-ing cheesy,,, - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             15-Aug-03  @  03:46 AM   -   its so f-ing cheesy,,,

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Oops those were supposed to be dots haha

I have a new track thats really cheesy-but listen to it and dance- I think its fun  

Split Second

Comments are always welcome- would love some techie feedback too. Cranked this one out in about 3 hours ;)

Later,

Andrew

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             15-Aug-03  @  05:14 AM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

mcc>

Link?:  No link

it starts out sounding like that old heart of glass remix....and then slips into some very cool phrasing...a bit slicy and i was REALLY liking this.....and then you let it trip into everyman's version of what cheese-trance means.
the mix sounds really good in hi-fi...haven't heard the lo. your EQing and blend are nice and your chops are on..
but i think you get lazy at times and fall back on some now very old conventions which are...... done> for one....and below your obvious potential.

it's great to hear your mixing getting so tight....
but don't let that take a back-seat to churning out some halfway deep tunes now and then.

i think you might try revisiting that section between 30 secs and 2 minutes and see what lurks therein.

i'd lose the name too.

Message 3/17             15-Aug-03  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

dARKSTATe

..and I think he would like you to give him the moon on a stick too..  

Message 4/17             15-Aug-03  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

Hydrofonix

Link?:  Link

LOL!!!!

Message 5/17             15-Aug-03  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

Hydrofonix

Oh and by the way I think its a really cool name, but it dosen't really fit the song in my opinion. Reminds me more of Jungle or D'n'B with high tempos where there would be "split second" breaks and change ups.

Message 6/17             15-Aug-03  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

GrooveMonkey

ahh.. europop cheesetastic mate!

Gotta agree with Clay though, play around with the stuff untill 2:00. And I think the drums need to change more than they do. But for 3 hours work its prety neat!

G

Message 7/17             16-Aug-03  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

Broken Silence

Hey,

Thanks everyone for listening!

Clay, I really feel what you mean about the intro. I kept on writing and writing but couldn't think of anything! I'm really glad the mix turned out alright haha...I burned 3 cds just getting the fookin levels right! I hate these damn CPU speakers...

Marek, see you think the same! Yeah, revisiting is a priority. As for the drums, I know what you mean too! I just kinda looped the shit out of that haha. Did anyone like how the hats in the back turned out? I tried some weird shit with it- flanged and then put an overdrive on it FULL force and dropped the volume and some other little tweaks here and there.

Yeah thinking about changing the name. Actually what about "Split Second" as an artist name? I was toying with that idea...sounds more of an artist name to me.

Any other listens/feedback welcome!

Andrew

Message 8/17             16-Aug-03  @  12:52 AM     Edit: 16-Aug-03  |  12:53 AM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

BluStudio

hey,

more clubby than trancey innit, even an offbeat bassline this time  

structure seems sound, apart from the u know what bits - lol

the perc is ultra clubby, hats,cymbals really loud and swishy/comp which prolly adds to the club feel.

i dunno i like the build/start, wierd but listening to it again theres something about it from the start to about the middle/breakdown thats sounds really confident in the way its done- does that sound wierd? like i mean sometimes your builds sound like your shitting it a wee bit as to what comes next or what sounds are the most important to be upfront (like somtimes you have 2 sounds/directions equal as if you couldn't decide what one was the most important, instead of putting one back and one up front) but here it sounds like i said, more confident somehow for that first minute and a half especially....

'Reach for the lasers, Safe as fuck'

Blu 

Message 9/17             16-Aug-03  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

BluStudio

re-reading thru these posts- about the start, wow im the odd man out eh?

I quite like the name as it happens, whats the name matter really just now tho- if the song is turd but the name is the coolest thing since sliced bread does that make the track good all of a sudden?

blu

Message 10/17             16-Aug-03  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

mcc>

andrew~ all that...the name sucks. the beginning is great and it stays great for 2minutes>>> blu's right in noting the confidence apsect....just don't start thinking you'll get claps for making well-mixed stink cheese from this corner. darkstate is brilliant in suggesting the name be changed to> moon on a stick. now there's a song-title for you.

Message 11/17             16-Aug-03  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

mcc>

i guess you gotta log in to curse?

what i said was...F...u!..*pretty things~ C..K...all that.

Message 12/17             16-Aug-03  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

Broken Silence

Well I got a new "Extended Trance Mix" up and I ask those who havent listened to check it out and even if you did, you'll probably like this one better.

Thanks!

Andrew

Message 13/17             17-Aug-03  @  04:50 AM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

sneeky girls in panties

oh andrew!!!!

Message 14/17             17-Aug-03  @  05:34 AM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

Broken Silence

clay! you raunchy fellow, you!

Message 15/17             17-Aug-03  @  05:48 AM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

mcc>

hey~ ssshhhhHHH~~~

?

Message 16/17             17-Aug-03  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

Maarten

hehe.. anyway, I like the kick and bassline. The piano bits are nice.. yeah, personally I'm not into those big supersaws etc.. but as many a times yer spot on in the 'acceptable cheesy' trance section   mix sounds clean too, listened to the hifi

Message 17/17             18-Aug-03  @  08:09 AM   -   RE: its so f-ing cheesy,,,

RagnarOk

I typed this while listening, beware, english is my second language  

- "first" hihat, a bit soft, missing attack from the beginning, the "second" hihat a bit overkill IMO (but i started listening to the lo-fi first so I could be wrong)

- Choir sound: too cheezy for me   but fits well

- Around 1:45 it sounds like a big happy tale   I'm smiling like a child, this whole thing is so innocent, nice and.. yes it's cheezy, but great. I stopped listening to eurotrance a while ago, but this is the stuff I'd like to dance to around dusk on a seashore with lots of people. Seems like I'm a bit melancholic today :-)

- The end is a bit... hmmm.. simple. I've been expecting someting to come, just a little trick at the end you know...

Anyways, great track!
cheers,
Rags

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)