aaa Quality or quantity? more listeners - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Quality or quantity? more listeners

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 21-Jul-03  @  05:48 AM   -   Quality or quantity? more listeners

influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

OK...the guidelines for posting tracks are 24/22 mono files

at first it was a space issue, and some of you bitches still refused. NO MY MUSIC'S TOO GOOD FOR THAT

now, I believe more space is available, but the fact remains:

DIALUP CAN NOT STREAM 128/44

I went to try to listen to certain people's tracks, but theyre 128/44, and Im at pop's house right now.

not everyone is on broadband, folks

so do you snooty bitches want people to HEAR your tunes? or would you rather only people with broadband hear them.

fact is, if it sounds like pure shit at a lower quality, the mix IS shit. I once encoded an uberzone track to 24/22 mono, just to see, and it sounded ing GREAT.

thnk about it

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/28             21-Jul-03  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

djrandomchancelogik

Link?: Link

Help me try to sort this out:

In Cakewalk Plasma (the prog I use) to export my track I export it in .wav format. Then I use MusicMatch to covert it to 128kbps mp3. *Apparently* (and hopefully) you guys use completely different software/hardware than I do. So what all are you using that causes you to have low track quality? For example, I will soon put up another track I made that is.. 5mins56secs long in 128kbps quality and it WILL fit. And yes, I understand the 56ker hell, but I don't understand why you must put the quality of the songs to such a low.

Message 12/28             21-Jul-03  @  02:15 PM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

Maarten

Does that proggy not have the ability to convert to lower bit-rates? And you are not obligated to put up lower quality mp3's, you'll just lose listeners if you do.

Message 13/28             21-Jul-03  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

mcc>

Link?:  No link

since us producer/artists get 2 mb...it is a fair squeeze to get a 60 mb file down to that and for sure some encoders don't sound as good as others. when possible....i'll encode at 40....a bit better resolution and yet not giving the house away.
but most stuff headed towards the 7-8 minute mark has to go to the lower bit-rate. this is WHY i/we do it. at least the main reason.

i'd actually love 3 or 4mb.

Message 14/28             21-Jul-03  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

djrandomchancelogik

Plasma allows mp3, wav, realplayer, and Windows Media advanced streaming formats. Also, what prog are you guys using to convert your songs? I suppose pretty much ALL of this mess is due to 1) The program you're using and 2) What program you are using to convert to a certain format. With that info, we can square away a lot of the confusion. Like I said, I export the audio straight from Plasma to my harddrive in wav form, and then convert it with MusicMatch to 128kbps mp3 format.

~Logik

Message 15/28             21-Jul-03  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

queasy00

i think i'm not understanding your posts or something... but they're trying to say that you should put up low quality MP3s so that they're smaller in file size. This way, people on dialup won't have to spend 45min to download your song.

-j

Message 16/28             21-Jul-03  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

Maarten

I re-installed my PC last week and first time I tried today my usual converter prog wasn't working so I decided to try wavelab to do it... was startled to hear the difference in quality from the other. Got it working and could compare the two- I3prod is much better.

Message 17/28             22-Jul-03  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

mcc>

random.....many mp3 converters/encoders give you a choice of bitrate/resolution. the higher the bitrate....the greater the file-size. artist/producers at dancetech are given 2mbs/per track..... a 7min. song at 128 simply won't fit in that space. this is one reason why our songs are at the lower rates. even if i re-registered as a dj> which i won't because I AM NOT......and was given 6mb i wouldn't use the high-bitrate because i think it's unwise. i'd just like to do 7 minute tracks at a slightly higher resolution. and yet for free....
i'm certainly not about to complain.

but i don't get the distinction made as to why a dj should get more space.

Message 18/28             22-Jul-03  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

beds

what's I3prod maart?

you can get fraunhoffer and mp3pro encoding for wavelab too.

Message 19/28             22-Jul-03  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

k

actualy we put it up to 3mb per track some time ago

Message 20/28             22-Jul-03  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

Maarten

I got that app once from a colleague, couldn't find it anywhere since... If you want to try it out I can DCC it to you tonight (just have to remind me ;).

-M-

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)