aaa New music site / section - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New music site / section

Viewing all 22 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/22             11-Aug-03  @  02:22 PM   -   New music site / section

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

it's getting there! - Soon the new music section will open up a fresh browser window and a new site. We can get it up and running soon, but the full-blown affair with merchant accounts will take a bit more time. We got the merchant status already, but coding in the transactional stuff will take time & testing

Finaly the whole site has to be fully bug-tested for Mac browsers  

Anyways, as soon as I've finished the admin, I'll need some alternative artists, so if you know anyone or write a set of non-dance music you'd like to upload, it'll soon be ready to test some rock and what have you music!

i think i'll add a section for adding lo-bandwidth on-line video's too  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/22             11-Aug-03  @  02:22 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

k

Link?: Link

shit... forgot the link!!.... dur!...

Message 3/22             11-Aug-03  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

k

7161 DOT COM

hmm.... some bastard stole 716.com whilke I was working on it... grrrr...

i think it's easy to remember tho.

Message 4/22             11-Aug-03  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

pb

Looks great so far k. Some broken links in places though... can i ask why 716?

Message 5/22             11-Aug-03  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

K

YEAH, WE MOVED IT'S LOCATION TODAY SO I'M GOING THRU CORRECTING THE URL ERRORS AND TEMPLATE ERRORS... oh shit bloody caps!

716?... well it's now 7161.com

try putting some names into netsol.com search.... every variation you can think of no matter how bizzarre for a music-site is gone!... So i started calling it 716.com, The domain-name 716.com was free in the spring when I named it.... then I went to register it a few weeks ago and found someone in H-Kong has registered very 3 digit combinaton of numbers!!!.... names are getting VERY rare so anything short and memorable on the www for a dmain name now is hard to get..

i think 7161.com is REAL easy to remember, like a phone number for directories or whatever. You have sites like 'Necromancer' which is a memorable name, so I could have choosen a longer name which like necromancer or whatever would have no word relevent to music or what the site does in the title, but then why not 4 digits?... stands out with a name like that I think.

Anyways I'll tidy up all the broken links, it should be browsable thru-out soon....

To get it up and running to accept FREE membership for adding LO-FI tracks for other styles like rock or acoustic music etc, I need to finish only the admin section so users can add tracks & edit them etc.... plus a few site tweaks... then we can get some rock and other styles uploaded... i added ONE rock band (I'm playing guitar for) already.

I'm sure you noticed that all DT added tracks merge with the site so you all will appear on the new site ready to go!

You can access the admin at either site and all your tracks etc listed are identical.

Message 6/22             11-Aug-03  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

queasy00

Link?:  Link

excitement central k! does this mean that now i won't be stuck for half 'n' hour at the "choose your genre" section and the giving up and choosing "raw songs" ;)

ps: about the HK guy... that bastard! i bet he didn't register EVERY number.. just most numbers that are "lucky"... ie. not 4, 14, 414, etc.

off to check it out now...

-j

Message 7/22             11-Aug-03  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

queasy00

just a small thing...
if aimed at some ppl who aren't so techy-savy... maybe change the d/l link to "download"
?

anyway. looks good!
-j

Message 8/22             11-Aug-03  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

Broken Silence

COOL shit!!!!!!

Message 9/22             12-Aug-03  @  12:53 AM   -   RE: New music site / section

Omo

Just had a butchers k, looks fine to me.

Message 10/22             12-Aug-03  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: New music site / section

beds

i'll stick my sheep music on there then.

Message 11/22             12-Aug-03  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: New music site / section

k

baaaaaa!

Message 12/22             13-Aug-03  @  04:44 AM   -   RE: New music site / section

mcc>

the bunker looks to be an awesome thing! and my back-button....hummmm....works!

got a diagnostic error when i tried to join up.
i'll try again later.

a question regards the 9.99Lb/monthor 29.99Lb/ year. are these for different levels of service?

Message 13/22             13-Aug-03  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

k

you'd have to ask them.... NO NEED TO SIGNUP - if you already are signed up with dancetech, then of course your membership ID carries over to the new site!!.... you can admin your tracks etc on EITHER site therefore... heh heh

Message 14/22             19-Aug-03  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

GrooveMonkey

Nice site K..

But..... I can't login it gives me a screenfull of error message.

...and... it looks to much like Dt inm places, Iguess you've just ripped the code and html from here and stuck it there, but to my eyes it doesn't fit the style of the new site. Just my opinion!

Message 15/22             19-Aug-03  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

k

i said above it's not ready yet!

with the NEW site, if you go there with your DT cookie onboard (logged in to DT), then the new site is just open for admin -

you can enter your admin without logging in and do whatever... all changes will reflect at Dancetech

there's alot to do yet mate - I gotta integrate an entire on-line banking system with user accounts etc so you lot can flog your Cd's online direct & take credit-card payments!

after all, why in this day & age (with cd burners so cheap and easy), should people still be paying a website 50% or so commission to burn & send out a CD ?

*sigh*

Message 16/22             19-Aug-03  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

GrooveMonkey

I know... was ust givin my two penneth worth.... Now go listen to the remixed Strange Journey..

G

Message 17/22             19-Aug-03  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

errata

Awesome, K

This is what we need more of on the internet... instead of this moneyed, industry bullshit. thanks for thinking about the artist here...

e

Message 18/22             20-Aug-03  @  01:45 AM   -   RE: New music site / section

k

... heh...w ether it works is another matter... i mean anyone joins, and if they do, will they sell anything?... i dunno, we should do compilations tho too eh!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 19/22             20-Aug-03  @  03:56 AM   -   RE: New music site / section

mcc>

i think comps would be good.

but i also think product with cool artwork and stuff is good too.

if the stuff's any good at all...ain't it worth the extra effort to package it?

Message 20/22             21-Aug-03  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: New music site / section

errata

Totaly... my understanding (could be wrong) is we can seel cd's on this site, IF WE HAVE CD'S... which we must package and prepare... Is that how it works?

e

Message 21/22             21-Aug-03  @  01:03 AM   -   RE: New music site / section

mcc>

that would be cool>

Message 22/22             21-Aug-03  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: New music site / section

k

that's the theory

Viewing all 22 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)