aaa Quality or quantity? more listeners - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Quality or quantity? more listeners

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 21-Jul-03  @  05:48 AM   -   Quality or quantity? more listeners

influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

OK...the guidelines for posting tracks are 24/22 mono files

at first it was a space issue, and some of you bitches still refused. NO MY MUSIC'S TOO GOOD FOR THAT

now, I believe more space is available, but the fact remains:

DIALUP CAN NOT STREAM 128/44

I went to try to listen to certain people's tracks, but theyre 128/44, and Im at pop's house right now.

not everyone is on broadband, folks

so do you snooty bitches want people to HEAR your tunes? or would you rather only people with broadband hear them.

fact is, if it sounds like pure shit at a lower quality, the mix IS shit. I once encoded an uberzone track to 24/22 mono, just to see, and it sounded ing GREAT.

thnk about it

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/28             22-Jul-03  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

beds

Link?: Link

http://www.fusion-graphics.com/downloads/programs/index.html

only 2 links on google. available for download there ^

Message 22/28             22-Jul-03  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

beds

jeez maart. not only does your mp3 app have hax0r style spelling but it's only available on a wierd site that has the quote -

Dan wrote this song for Phyl on their 25th Anniversary, title is,,,, "If I had killed you when I wanted to, I'd be out of jail by now."

sadly it's not available for a list3n

Message 23/28             22-Jul-03  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

Maarten

hehe.. nice

Message 24/28             23-Jul-03  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

mcc>

Link?:  No link

i forgot to say thanks k & z for the mb boost to 3....!
i've often encoded at 40 and found myself just over the 2mb mark and so went for the lower rate.

this is a good thing....3mb~

Message 25/28             23-Jul-03  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

k

I might add a facility soo for adding .WMA files... My mate has one of those flashy mp3 walkman things, a little 'stick' oin a chord, and it loads .mp3 or .wma files and he says the .wma files are superior for a smaller filesize.

Can mac's play .wma files tho? (I gotta get a mac soon to bug-test the whole site for mac browsers)

Message 26/28             23-Jul-03  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

mcc>

i'm of the belief that a mac won't play the .wma files as i haven't encountered it in an encoder or any spec references yet.
a young friend told me it's a windows-only format as yet.

and cool for getting the mac to test-run site efficiency issues.

still no back-button....well...it works at appx.30%.
and still no forum list on the side whilst INside the thread!  
i still miss that!

Message 27/28             25-Jul-03  @  02:34 PM     Edit: 25-Jul-03  |  02:37 PM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

Mick

I would rather hear a great song on a mono AM radio through a small speaker than a shitty one mixed for a high end surround system with speakers embedded in cement.

Unfortunatly, the more experimental non-songform stuff does rely on processing that can be hidden by low-rez encoding. Still, the general idea remains and, in the spirit of experimenting, choosing frequencies and manipulating them to take ADVANTAGE of aliasing can make low-rez rendering an integral part of the piece. Using exaggerated panning can overcome the stereo field problems and, again, become integral to the piece.

Is your cache half empty or half full???

Message 28/28             27-Jul-03  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: Quality or quantity? more listeners

influx

in mick 

so yet again I tried to check DJ RCL's tunes, and couldnt

hmmmm

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)