aaa Influx at it again - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Influx at it again

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 12-Aug-03  @  09:47 AM   -   Influx at it again

Influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

This shit has just dragged on for WAY too long.

cant do 24/22 cuz it aint mixed right. wont mono. mostly cuz of the high end of the bassline...real wide!

anyway...everything seems cool, and then it kinda just falls apart at the end...thought someone might have a suggestion

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/35             13-Aug-03  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: Influx at it again

milan

Link?: Link

"dunno... sounds like it just goes..." :P

"needs another movement"

etc etc...

but very nice base for the track. i think psy's comments were very constructive. give them a try i guess.

oh yeah. what bothers me the most is that when it goes into the main part, it still sounds like a continuation of the intro and i'm waiting for the track to do something, get on with it propper. do something there.

regards, m.

Message 22/35             13-Aug-03  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: Influx at it again

Hydrofonix

Link?:  No link

I want this in hi-fi! Great track. Only thing I could say is it just needs some more hi-end, maybe a siren-y synth that follows the bassline and kinda coats the whole mix but its killer as it is. If you ever want a remix or even just a different edit, Let me know!

Message 23/35             13-Aug-03  @  09:21 PM   -   RE: Influx at it again

Influx

I can send it to you when its done if you want.

Actually, I'll probably be putting a website together soon, so all my stuff will be up in HiFi

Ive had label guys tell me to pull MP3s but fuck it.

Message 24/35             14-Aug-03  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: Influx at it again

panama

drivin stuff' influx. rape me by nirvana bassline. kind of.

i like the bandpass sounds. drums open up in the middle. it should actually start like that. build up to big!

dunno about that quintage sound that goes with the beat. was out of place. Shouldn't have thrown it in so early...or maybe not at all.

the song needs a hook section. something with a little formula that you look towards to.

the drums tend to be the songs main point and overly so.

try puttin the song together one thing at a time.

thats all I got, time to work on my noise now :-)

oh, yer a drum man btw :-)

Message 25/35             14-Aug-03  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: Influx at it again

Influx

quintage?

Message 26/35             14-Aug-03  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: Influx at it again

panama

, I hope that didn't seem to be mean or hard. I totally lost the point of your post. argh. I think what happens in the beginning of the tune will help you later on towards the end. the tune needs to be slowly built. the tune needs a drum drop out. keep the bubbles and tiny rhythyms going and do something wild. feel it out. feel the way its going. paint a landscape for the listener. you want them to feel whats going on inside your head. so, usually a good drum break and buildup can carry the listener right into your hands. bring the wildness to the listener.

I feel it needs a slow build and a good drum break with something cool to happen. Hope I dont come off harsh.

Message 27/35             14-Aug-03  @  12:45 AM   -   RE: Influx at it again

panama

there's a preset on the uQ called quintage. in your tune, its that pad stab sound that comes in when the beat starts kickin. My ears just didn't approve (question face)

Message 28/35             14-Aug-03  @  01:48 AM     Edit: 14-Aug-03  |  02:17 AM   -   RE: Influx at it again

Influx

I can assure you its not the preset youre referring to.

and..that sound STAYS 

Message 29/35             14-Aug-03  @  04:47 AM   -   RE: Influx at it again

Garuna

Link?:  Link

What I mean is that DT and the club are wanting different things from a track. DT: changes and musicality. Club: simplicity and groove.

That is all.

Message 30/35             14-Aug-03  @  05:16 AM   -   RE: Influx at it again

Influx

heh. well...to be honest Im FAR more interested in writing MUSIC vs dance tracks. If I can find a middle ground I'll certainly be happy.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)