aaa Lullaby In F Major - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Lullaby In F Major

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             07-Aug-03  @  11:50 PM   -   Lullaby In F Major

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey,

Got another one done- this is a lullaby breaky style song. Already got a few responses and have their suggestions noted  

Looking for more suggestions, comments, opinions, whatever you can throw at me is good.

Link up top^^ hifi and lofi (again, I have no space here)

Andrew

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             08-Aug-03  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: Lullaby In F Major

BluStudio

hey man

some of the sounds sound quite soft, then i shit meself when the crash came in - the drums sound right crisp but some of the synth stuff doesn't seem to weigh them up, mebbe just need toned up a bit. I know fuck all about breakbeats tho so mebbe thats a pointless comment.

the breakbeats fairly swinging towardes the end, not my bag but nice all the same.

c'mon son get the 'ard trance back on the go  

blu

Message 3/7             08-Aug-03  @  01:47 AM   -   RE: Lullaby In F Major

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

Thanks fer listening!

Yeah I knew this one prolly wouldn't be alot of people's bag.

As for the 'ard trance hehe...I'm werkin on it!!  

Message 4/7             08-Aug-03  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: Lullaby In F Major

Broken Silence

c'mon, anyone dammit

Message 5/7             12-Aug-03  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: Lullaby In F Major

psylichon

well to start, I think those drums come in a little harshly for a lullaby, innit? I'd love to hear them build like everything else.

I also think you would get a more interesting contrast of sound to keep the kick dry compared to the rest of the kit. The reverb on the kick sounds a bit amateurish rather than ambient to me.

The low drone string sounds too loud... perhaps a bit too bright? The strings in general kinda drown out the drums... I'd like to hear them treated with a bit more subtly... volume swells and things like that for more dynamics.

I think some of these sections are just too long... the whole song would have more impact to me if it were shorter and sweeter. This isn't epic trance, so it doesn't really need to be a half hour long like some of your other tracks  

cool at 3:20.... nice blend with pizz strings... now we're getting some nice ambience.

the high string line is a bit repetitive... it should move higher and lower as the song builds. try to experieent with new melodic ideas as the song progresses.

Very sweet song though. I really like the rhythm of it.... very Aphex Twin in its innocence. Reminds me of that boy girl song or whatever that track is called. Nice one, amigo...

psy

Message 6/7             13-Aug-03  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: Lullaby In F Major

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

Cool- thanks ALOT for the thorough review. What's funny is that I thought it was way too short  

Message 7/7             19-Aug-03  @  03:26 PM   -   RE: Lullaby In F Major

GrooveMonkey

Nice to hear you departing from the trance thing for a while.

Like Psy sez, the kicks are quie harsh sounding for such a chilled track.

Crashes are way too loud, they spoil the track IMO.

I like the strings as they are, perhaps a touch more verb.

like the perc at 3:25 but it still sounds kinda out of place to me.

Now that I've manmaged to diss the whole thing, I do really like the ideas just needs to be mixed differently. Wanna emix?

G

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)