aaa famous sports commentator quotes - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: famous sports commentator quotes

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             27-May-04  @  11:15 PM   -   famous sports commentator quotes

milan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

* Alan Minter - "Sure, there have been deaths in boxing, but none of them serious."

* Winston Bennett- "I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body."

* Murray Walker- F1 Racing Commentator- "The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it which is identical."

* Greg Norman- "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my Father and Mother."

* Terry Venables- "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

*Ron Atkinson- "I would not say that David Ginola is the best left winger in the premiership, but there are none better."

* Harry Carpenter at the Oxford-Cambridge boat race 1977- "Ah, isn't that nice. The wife of the Cambridge President is kissing the Cox of the Oxford crew."

* Metro Radio- "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field "

* David Acfield- "Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seems to hang in the air for even longer."

* Stuart Hall- Radio 5 live- "What will you do when you leave football Jack? Will you stay in football?"

* True Story- A female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed and didn't, turned to the weatherman and asked, "So Bob, where's that eight inches you promised me last night?" Not only did HE have to leave the set, but half the crew did too because they were all laughing so hard!

* US PGA Commentator- "One of the reasons Arnie (Arnold Palmer) is playing so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them.... Oh my god!!!!! Whahave I just said?!!!!"

* David Coleman at the Montreal Olympics- "And there goes Juantorena down the back straight, opening his legs and showing his class."

* Pat Glenn- Weightlifting commentator- "And this is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning and it was amazing!"

* New Zealand Rugby Commentator- "Andrew Mehrtens loves it when Daryl Gibson comes inside of him."

* Ted Walsh- Horse Racing Commentator- "This is really a lovely horse. I once rode her mother."

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             28-May-04  @  12:45 AM   -   RE: famous sports commentator quotes

beds

"and the batsman's Holding, the bowler's Willie"

there was a good one the other day, some guy got hit in the nuts with a cricket ball, in a fair amount of pain. commenter goes "and there's two balls left in the over" .. cue sniggers in background

there's a bit on the bbc website with all recordings of "colemanballs" - named by private eye magazine after david coleman who came out with them on a regular basis.

Message 3/15             28-May-04  @  05:55 AM   -   RE: famous sports commentator quotes

psylichon

they were recently trying to pass a law in Louisiana that banned baggy pants (garments that expose buttocks, crack, or pubic hair). Anyway, it didn't pass, but I heard on the radio the other day that "the baggy pants law went down to defeat"

I know they tried that, and it's not that funny, but I really don't care.

Message 4/15             28-May-04  @  09:24 AM   -   RE: famous sports commentator quotes

cheddar

like when the UK gov was banning rave parties - I think they termed rave music as some number of BPM, or was it something repetative. I cant remember

People with too much time and too many horrors in their own back yard

Message 5/15             28-May-04  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: famous sports commentator quotes

IntoxicatingSounds

http://www.worldmotorsport.com/murray/

Loads of Murray Walker quotes here. F1 has never been the same since Murray retired. Him and James Hunt were the perfect team. Apparently when Murray said "James has just popped out to have a look at the back of the circuit", James was actually out the back of the commentary box having a spliff.

Deano

Message 6/15             28-May-04  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: famous sports commentator quotes

BluStudio

cheddar i remember that-

A group of 8 or more people found listening to electronic music of ***bpm or more may be searched for drugs and detained for questioning of inciting a rave party

something like that wasn't it ? ^^^^

blu

Message 7/15             28-May-04  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: famous sports commentator quotes

beds

Link?:  Link

it was "repetitive beats" wasn't it?

Message 8/15             28-May-04  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: famous sports commentator quotes

Deano

Link?:  No link

One which I heard from John Motson ( I think) during the last world cup that made me laugh.

Very excitedly - "Seaman's coming out here!"

It's only a game of football, John. It shouldn't be THAT exciting.

Message 9/15             28-May-04  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: famous sports commentator quotes

dub-munkey

Link?:  No link

lol! ive just been invited to a woods party, woo-hoo! the days of waiting til 11 oclock for the venue location are back....may go though- could be a laff....

greg

Message 10/15             28-May-04  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: famous sports commentator quotes

craig

Unfortunately we in the states never had the pleaseure of Murry Walker.. We always had to settle for that boring old creep Bob Varsha

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)