aaa no mas virtual orchestras aqui - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: no mas virtual orchestras aqui

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/24             18-Feb-04  @  03:17 AM   -   no mas virtual orchestras aqui

mcc>

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

web-link

i remember the old days when human-virtual guitar players hunter & wagner
stood off-stage playing the parts for alice cooper's band
when it was deemed their abilities and excesses were an obstacle to a great
live rock performance.

i kinda think les miserables would be more impressive without a computer
playing the orchestration.
no...let's not kill ALL the live musicians.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/24             18-Feb-04  @  03:20 AM   -   RE: no mas virtual orchestras aqui

mcc>

just as i found it disappointing to see a moby or bt
and expecting a cool electronic show and finding we all became a rock-band
somewhere along the way.

Message 3/24             18-Feb-04  @  04:45 AM   -   RE: no mas virtual orchestras aqui

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

I've never understood the mentality behind most live electronic "shows" I've attended. Either the audience doesn't get it - they stand watching the artists mix their music on stage when the point is to be dancing (it must be terribly disheartening for the artist), or the band doesn't get it - they are performing "songs" using a band type paradigm (think VNV Nation) but there are only two of them on stage "performing" whilst a DAT machine quietly spins at the console (terribly disheartening for the audience).

I saw a ballet during an AFM strike once and they used recorded music. It was joyless for everyone concerned.

Message 4/24             18-Feb-04  @  07:48 AM   -   RE: no mas virtual orchestras aqui

mcc>

Link?:  No link

well...it is possible that there can be no such thing as a cool electronic show...
but i still take delight in the fact that the likes of terry riley, steve reich....
phillip glass...all have somehow tried to perform their work in a fairly hands-on manner.
tangerine dream, kraftwerk....omd.

but i also like it when vince clark just hits that pc button and plays some acoustic guitar with no pretense of it being some huge masterful act.
even though we know it is.
never stopped us from going-off & working up a sweat, though.
us nor andy.

Message 5/24             18-Feb-04  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: no mas virtual orchestras aqui

dubmunkey

Link?:  No link

prodigy and prml scrm were good live as they had a good mix of electronic stuf with real instrumentation....thats the way forward....

greg

Message 6/24             18-Feb-04  @  04:49 PM   -   RE: no mas virtual orchestras aqui

xoxos

"but i also like it when vince clark just hits that pc button and plays some acoustic guitar with no pretense of it being some huge masterful act."

yeah but somehow in this culture, it's a masturful act to do a non masturful act, and they still got your $40 or whatever they charge nowadays.

sick of anything that people do. death to people. give me back my land so i don't have to siti in a box and get excited about seeing osmeone be non exciting for a change.

Message 7/24             18-Feb-04  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: no mas virtual orchestras aqui

mcc>

thing is....andy sings it out like few humans ever have.
something i think you could do were you to seek elevation as a sometimes-goal....
x...instead of being the perrenial wet-blanket you seem to take such pride in being.

oh...yeah...you'd be choice.....but i'd have to give you some doggy-uppers wouldn't i?!?!?!

and you know...there's a lot of land out there where one can pitch tent and bag.
dudes are going to be doing it tonight....guaranteed. personally...i like a pillow and schumann to comfort my small bubble which is my head.

problem is you gotta make it to town occasionally to withdraw that moo you get from selling your house.
and don't let the field-yippies know you got it. they tend towards regular and very unfaked-hunger....
and are often-rightly-motivated by the temporary-reduction of such state.

before you go out there...i think you should make a monumental "xoxos sings the blues"....sample cd.
fuck...i'd personally love one myself and would be willing to pay for such a thing.
you still got a little time friend.

Message 8/24             18-Feb-04  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: no mas virtual orchestras aqui

mcc>

and i neglect to mention perhaps the best show i've ever seen in the electronic domain....which was art of noise when they toured as a nine-person unit...featuring 3 girls who sang ah.....
and a rhythm section which could've fronted a weather report meets funkadelic session....and with a techno-wizardry hard to describe....
and the phenomenal anne dudley playing a black grand in a beautiful black dress.....
total wow.

well...it's done however occasionally.

Message 9/24             18-Feb-04  @  08:25 PM   -   RE: no mas virtual orchestras aqui

Influx

anyone ever see "the orb" live?

orbital kills it too, but...probably a little more show than go

would have loved to have seen art of noise!

Message 10/24             18-Feb-04  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: no mas virtual orchestras aqui

milan

i actually saw the orb live... could tell what they had behind their thuge cloth covered podests, let alone if they were doing anything with it. looked, and sounded cool definitely...

oh, and also ran into this girl i knew who thought Orbital were playing. she was let down a bit when she found out  

that bald phatty geezer from the orb came and danced with us later on the floor... cool geezers.
it was kinda cool that it wasnt a full-on rave. just the Orb concert with a small party afterwards

fun gig, thanks for reminding me!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)