aaa search your name on google - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: search your name on google

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 19-Feb-04  @  11:46 PM     Edit: 19-Feb-04  |  11:46 PM   -   search your name on google

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

somebody suggested doing that so I did. several sites came up..

http://www.worldofstuff.com/matt/comps/comps9.htm

http://www.theimperialorgy.com/band.html

LOL at the 2nd one. I played sitar on a track or 2. I see my name, Mark Lutnes on the long list of names. There's no hyperlink there. I wish I could hyperlink my name to http://www.theimperialorgy.com/band.html LMAO!

What a life.

anyway you should try searching your name and see if anything comes up...or maybe not

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/34             20-Feb-04  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

cydonia cell

Link?:  No link

when I search my real name I get a bunch of crap about the real me... I work for a non-profit and my work comes up on all the search engines... kinda boring

Oh there's some prominent guy with my name who works in the hospice movement and writes a lot about coming to terms with death...

but that's it...

e

Message 12/34             20-Feb-04  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

sitar

Link?: Link

The long dissertation about americans who play indian music stated that I was able to develop the most stability in the music. They should get a load of me now in my role as Admin and CTF leader for Elite Zark Snipers LOL!

Quite a few Lutnes names came up and I'm probably related to them. One was on a list of people killed over the last 3 years on a highway out west. Guess I won't be meeting that relative. My sister came up all over the place.

Message 13/34             20-Feb-04  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

brad

File?:  [image]

[image file]

ha ha, funnny stuff.

I already knew this about mine- somebody made a site about "famous Eller's,"
Eller being my last name. Anyway a while back someone sent it to me thinking we
were all related when in fact that's not only untrue, but also I had no idea I was
even on it! It's just like some dude who googled my last name and bam! I'm a
famous Eller, ha!

My old old web design page is the first entry, complete with ripped-off pic:
http://www.eller.org/notable.htm\

Worse is when I google my screename, bradelectro, and it's like a bunch of lame
tech questions I've posted to win xp help forums and one about razor burn I
posted to this other forum, heh.

Message 14/34             21-Feb-04  @  12:13 AM     Edit: 21-Feb-04  |  12:18 AM   -   RE: search your name on google

BluStudio

heehee- did this a while ago, apparently i was O.J simpsons lawyer or something like that

also, anyone else noticed that dancetech seems to get hit all the time onto the first pages of related google search returns before most of the bigger corporate sites (inc manufacturers) , must be cos its been around so long now innit

blu

Message 15/34             21-Feb-04  @  04:10 AM   -   RE: search your name on google

sitar

I've noticed that too. Must be the key words K put in I think.

Message 16/34             21-Feb-04  @  07:59 AM   -   RE: search your name on google

beds

Link?:  Link

no, it's coz dt rocks innit.

Message 17/34             21-Feb-04  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

xoxos

mark? no post? with "schwarzeneggar fights gay marriages in california" for a morning headline?

almost as funny as the other one, "iraq will now require years of occupation.." lol! just like i told you all! yep, me, i said! you can't americanise a culture into slavery overnight! you need time - to get them hopped up on sugar and caffiene and sow internal dissent and all sorts of lovely invasionist psychotactics until they cry out with one voice for pizza

Message 18/34             21-Feb-04  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

PB

Link?:  No link

as for my real name, according to google's first 5 search pages, I happen to be a doctor in the field of science, a Hong Kong film director of violent fighting films, A production asistant for the Monroe Street Journal, a musician called "Absorb Fish", a professor, a proud father of a UAlbany senior, and a guy having a lot of trouble setting up his entertainment system.

As for my artist name (besides the ones actually about me), i get a lot of stuff about Fishing & fishes in general - kinda annoying.

Message 19/34             24-Feb-04  @  10:59 AM   -   RE: search your name on google

0dB

This is mine, very disturbing..... I'm afraid to comment really. Especially the picture on the Bio page of him strangling a dog.

I just hope that he isn't somehow a relation.

Mate of mine called John Woodbury did the same and found a guy with the same name who lived in the deep south US with his own web site. John e-mailed him for a laugh and exchanged a few e-mails. This guy was hilarious, he was well excited about have a namesake in the UK, he wrote:

"It's so cool 'cause my family originally hails from the UK, our ancestors come from Worstercershire"

WTF ?

Message 20/34             25-Feb-04  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: search your name on google

sitar

0dB shame you just missed his last appearance in february. looks like you'll have to wait til July. The guy actually has quite a few gigs going and some pretty descent lyrics.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)