aaa Powell interview cut...... - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Powell interview cut......

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 16-May-04  @  06:41 PM     Edit: 16-May-04  |  06:44 PM   -   Powell interview cut......

dissonance

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

BLEEP THE PRESS: CAMERA MOVED OFF POWELL DURING RUSSERT GRILLING; AIDE ATTEMPTED TO CUT OFF INTERVIEW
Sun May 16 2004 10:45:35 ET
**Exclusive Details**

An aide to Sec. of State Colin Powell ordered a halt to a MEET THE PRESS interview and directed a camera to shoot a palm tree during provocative questioning by host Tim Russert!

Powell was being interview by satellite from Jordan.

State Department press aide Emily Miller fumed as Tim Russert went beyond the 10 minutes allotted for the NBC Sunday session.

MORE

13 minutes in to the interview, Miller attempted to pull the plug.

As Russert grilled Powell on his presentation at the UN of Iraq's alleged WMDs -- Miller moved the single remote camera off Powell.

"You're off," Miller announced.

"I am not off," Powell warned.

"No. They can't use it, they're editing it..." Miller said on an open microphone.

"Emily, get out of the way. Bring the camera back please," the secretary snapped.

MORE

Russert aired the exchange unedited.

Powell was 45 minutes late to the taping, a top source explained.

NBC's MEET THE PRESS joined in progress....

TIM RUSSERT: Finally, Mr. Secretary, in February of 2003, you placed your enormous personal credibility before the United Nations and laid out a case against Saddam Hussein, citing.

(Camera moved off of interview subject)

EMILY MILLER, STATE DEPARTMENT PRESS AIDE: You're off.

SECRETARY POWELL: I am not off.

EMILY MILLER, PRESS AIDE: No. They can't use it, they're editing it.

SECRETARY POWELL: He's still asking the questions.

EMILY MILLER, PRESS AIDE: He was not ...

SECRETARY POWELL: Tim, I am sorry I lost you.

MR. RUSSERT: I am right here Mr. Secretary. I would hope they would put you back on camera. I don't know who did that.

EMILY MILLER, PRESS AIDE: He was going to go for another five minutes.

SECRETARY POWELL: We've really scre...

MR. RUSSERT: I think that was one of your staff Mr. Secretary. I don't think that's appropriate.

SECRETARY POWELL: Emily, get out of the way. Bring the camera back please. (Camera returns to the interview subject) I think we're back on Tim, go ahead with your last question.

MR. RUSSERT: Thank you very much, sir.

In February of 2003, you put your enormous personal reputation on the line before the United Nations and said that you had solid sources for the case against Saddam Hussein. It now appears that an agent called "Curve Ball" had misled the CIA by suggesting that Saddam had trucks and trains that were delivering biological chemical weapons.

How concerned are you that some of the information you shared with the world is now inaccurate and discredited?

SECRETARY POWELL: I'm very concerned. When I made that presentation in February 2003, it was based on the best information that the Central Intelligence Agency made available to me. We studied it carefully. We looked at the sourcing and the case of the mobile trucks and trains. There was multiple sourcing for that. Unfortunately, that multiple sourcing over time has turned out to be not accurate, and so I'm deeply disappointed.

But I'm also comfortable that at the time that I made the presentation it reflected the collective judgment, the sound judgment, of the intelligence community, but it turned out that the sourcing was inaccurate and wrong and, in some cases, deliberately misleading. And for that I'm disappointed, and I regret it.

MR. RUSSERT: Mr. Secretary, we thank you very much for joining us again and sharing your views with us today. SECRETARY POWELL: Thanks, Tim.

(END OF PRE-TAPE INTERVIEW)

MR. RUSSERT: AND THAT WAS AN UNEDITED INTERVIEW WITH THE SECRETARY OF STATE, TAPED EARLIER THIS MORNING FROM JORDAN.

WE APPRECIATE SECRETARY POWELL'S WILLINGNESS TO OVERRULE HIS PRESS AIDES' ATTEMPT TO ABRUPTLY CUT OFF OUR DISCUSSION AS I BEGAN TO ASK MY FINAL QUESTION.

==========================================================

WOW.... aint't that some right IN YOUR face disregard for journalism?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/37             17-May-04  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: Powell interview cut......

Zazza

Link?:  No link

And the truth is?

Message 12/37             17-May-04  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: Powell interview cut......

mcc>

no bastiaan...they had al queda fly those planes.
no problem there.

but good to see you back getting disgusted with us.

why do you not try to address the issues of the gold ring on white hands?
....us miltary parade-stance...time-lags in video....a slump lifeless near-bloodless beheading?
you just go straight to the...oh...no...not my son...not my son.

we can all get emotional (and believe me we do)
but let's deal with the facts surrounding nick berg's death....
if you're at all capable of doing so.

Message 13/37             17-May-04  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: Powell interview cut......

Jock

damn, I just lost the baby gravy over that photo of Jordan, but ended up leaving a liquid bookmark right on Tim Russerts face. The wind must of caught it in mid fling.

Message 14/37             17-May-04  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: Powell interview cut......

xoxos

Link?: Link

you'd make a good pirate. anyone got a yacht?

Message 15/37             18-May-04  @  04:43 AM   -   RE: Powell interview cut......

dissonance

"I find it sickening that some people rather resort to fantasy instead of acknowledging the
truth."

I find it equally sickening that some people can't see beyond the end of their own nose.

Message 16/37             18-May-04  @  07:21 AM   -   RE: Powell interview cut......

pinocchio

you have to realize some people's noses are quite seriously
a frigging LOOOoooooooooNG thing and not to be underestimated.

Message 17/37             18-May-04  @  09:07 AM   -   RE: Powell interview cut......

bastiaan

Link?:  Link

but good to see you back getting disgusted with us.

Who's 'us'? Do you feel addressed by my remark?

why do you not try to address the issues of the gold ring on white hands?

Many Muslims are white. Many Muslims wear golden rings. Sheesh: even those
hijackers of 911 were caught drinking alcohol before 911.

....us miltary parade-stance...

99% of all (para-) military or wannabe military would stand like that. The fact that you call
it US military stance instead of just military stance is a clear sign of your bias.

time-lags in video....

2 cameras were used: one on a stand one operated by hand. Both cameras had a
different time on them. Of course the video was edited: the sound of one video can be
heard whilst the other is playing.

a slump lifeless near-bloodless beheading?
you just go straight to the...oh...no...not my son...not my son.

The body talked and moved and there's plenty of blood. The vid I saw was pretty low
quality but I spotted a hell of a lot of blood.

Try again and please do tell me how any of these points point in the direction of the US
govt or the CIA as you seem to imply.

Message 18/37             18-May-04  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: Powell interview cut......

mcc>

bastiaan....

i'll let you point your own way.

i'm only making certain assertions known for what they are...or aren't.

if it's a black-and-white world to you and you feel comfortable that "the good guys"
aren't capable of a nasty deed.....then go forth with that comprehension.

i hope you're right but a lifetime of observation and research would show that your
illusions are more dangerous than helpful.

Message 19/37             18-May-04  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: Powell interview cut......

xoxos

hmm.. thik it's safe to say anyone wearing gold is working for the u.s. in some sense.

Message 20/37             18-May-04  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: Powell interview cut......

milan

even frodo?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)