aaa burn my wig and hurry! - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: burn my wig and hurry!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             19-May-04  @  01:48 AM   -   burn my wig and hurry!

mcc>

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

no i'm not a total weirdo but DO burn my wig and PLEASE HURRY YA schmucK!

Rabbis spark wig burning rumpus
Ultra Orthodox family
Married Orthodox women are forbidden to go bare-headed
Orthodox Jews in New York and Israel have been burning wigs made of Indian human hair after rabbis ruled they may contravene religious law.

Hundreds gathered in the Brooklyn suburb of Williamsburg on Sunday to ignite a bonfire of more than 300 wigs.

Orthodox women often wear wigs because custom requires that they cover their own hair in public once married.

Indian wigs were declared non-kosher after Israeli rabbis discovered the hair was often cut at Hindu ceremonies.

Orthodox law forbids use of any items used in what they consider to be idol worship.

Last Wednesday, a revered Israeli Orthodox Jewish rabbi, Shalom Yosef Elyashiv, issued the ban on wigs made with the offending hair.

'100% kosher'

In Israel, lists were drawn up of places where banned wigs were sold and, in the religious city of Bnei Brak, some people gathered up offending wigs and cast them into fires, Haaretz newspaper reported.

Wig shops in New York City, with its large Orthodox Jewish community, are facing a similar concern.

Owners said frantic customers have been phoning to check where their wigs came from.

And some women have resorted to wearing less comfortable synthetic wigs or have adopted hats or hair nets.

But it is not merely religious concerns that are prompting the panic - human hair wigs can cost up to $1,000 and it could prove expensive if a woman finds her wig does not conform to the ruling.

Not taking any chances, Yaffa's Quality Wigs shop in New York left a recorded message on its phone, reassuring customers its wigs were "100% kosher".

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             19-May-04  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: burn my wig and hurry!

k

Link?:  Link

300 wigs made of real human hair?.... can you magine the stink if you were downwind of THAT particular bonfire! - bloody hell!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             19-May-04  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: burn my wig and hurry!

mcc>

Link?:  No link

unkosher hair at that>

Message 4/5             19-May-04  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: burn my wig and hurry!

pict

Link?:  No link

Absurd,covering your own hair with someone elses.The first thing that popped into my mind on reading that was how the nazis used Jewish hair for wigs even though these Indian hair wigs come from living people it's still strongly reminiscent of the nazi atrocities.

Message 5/5             19-May-04  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: burn my wig and hurry!

xoxos

Link?: Link

ooh ooh pick me teacher, i know, this is that great sea of human voices raised in compassion or somethnig you were on about, isn't it..

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)