aaa linux in welsh - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: linux in welsh

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             25-May-04  @  05:12 PM   -   linux in welsh

beds

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

i know there's probably no one else here that speaks welsh, but i'm just spreading the word.

you can now try out linux in welsh ^. they've made a bootable cd-rom with knoppix and a load of software to try out, openoffice, stuff like that i guess. of course, they called it cymrux.

btw if anyone hasn't heard of openoffice then go here www.openoffice.org

it's an open source suite like m$ office. it's free, does a few things office won't do as well.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             25-May-04  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: linux in welsh

beds

oh and just in case you thought you needed linux for openoffice, it's available on windows as well.

Message 3/6             25-May-04  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: linux in welsh

cheddar

Link?:  Link

Open office also does things that windows doesn't - like freeze and kill files when you copy a text box in presentation. But apart from that its cool

Message 4/6             25-May-04  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: linux in welsh

pict

Link?:  No link

Do you know if there is also a Scottish Gaelic version Beds?

Message 5/6             25-May-04  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: linux in welsh

beds

dunno, a good place to start would be to use www.mozilla.org for your web, email (on windows and linux) which is available in scottish gaelic. you can download the language pack from here http://www.mozilla.org/releases/#1.6

There's a healthy group of individuals who are putting together the welsh translation of open source stuff, maybe there's a scottish gaelic group doing the same? if you've no joy finding out i'm on the welsh linux mailing list so i could geive them a shout see if they know anything.

Message 6/6             27-May-04  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: linux in welsh

beds

doh, i guessed wrong, no openoffice in welsh (yet!) they've got abiword.

Pict, there's no sign of a Scottish Gaelic team working on either KDE or GNOME (the main two desktop engines) If you know any like minded people you could start doing it, quite straight forward really, all automated, there's software to help. I do a bit (not much) here ^, although all i do is suggest translations, there's a group set up that reviews them.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)