aaa "I didn't know you couldn't......" - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: "I didn't know you couldn't......"

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15

Original Message                 Date: 28-Apr-04  @  09:41 PM     Edit: 28-Apr-04  |  09:42 PM   -   "I didn't know you couldn't.......

dissonance

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

...punch POWs in the face!?!"

this is absurd! what kind of fucking dolts do we have in the military anyhow?

Abuse Of Iraqi Prisoners Probed

April 28, 2004

Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt tells Dan Rather he is "appalled" by what happened in a Baghdad prison.

"If we can't hold ourselves up as an example of how to treat people with dignity and respect, we can't ask that other nations do that to our soldiers."
Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt

Army Reserve Staff Sgt. Chip Frederick, one of the soldiers now facing court martial, described to Rather what he saw in the Iraqi prison. (Photo: Staff Sgt. Chip Frederick )

(CBS) A few weeks ago, the U.S. Army announced that 17 soldiers in Iraq had been removed from duty, and six of them were facing court martial for mistreating Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib, the infamous prison where Saddam Hussein and his henchmen tortured and executed Iraqis for decades.

60 Minutes II has obtained photographs of what was happening in Abu Ghraib. The photos show American soldiers mistreating Iraqi prisoners.

In his Wednesday morning briefing, Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt said the photographs may be shown in Dan Rather's report on 60 Minutes II, Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

The discovery of the photographs by the Army led to an investigation which concluded that there were problems at the prison from the general in charge of the prison, to the military police guarding the prisoners. An investigation into abuse claims started in January, after a U.S. soldier came forward with allegations and evidence of abuse.

Kimmitt, in an interview conducted by satellite from Baghdad, told Correspondent Dan Rather: "We're appalled...these are our fellow soldiers, these are the people we work with every day, they represent us, they wear the same uniform as us, and they let their fellow soldiers down....We expect our soldiers to be treated well by the adversary, by the enemy...and if we can't hold ourselves up as an example of how to treat people with dignity and respect, we can't ask that other nations do that to our soldiers."

Kimmitt says even though charges have been filed against the six soldiers, a more general investigation continues into how prisoners are interrogated at the prison. One of the soldiers who is now facing court martial, Army Reserve Staff Sgt. Chip Frederick, described to Rather what he saw in the Iraqi prison.

"We had no support, no training whatsoever, and I kept asking my chain of command for certain things, rules and regulations, and it just wasn't happening," he said.

Frederick is charged with maltreatment, assault and indecent acts for posing for a photograph while sitting on top of a detainee, striking detainees and ordering detainees to strike each other, among other things.

Frederick wrote home to his family about the treatment of prisoners. He said in an e-mail: "We helped getting them to talk with the way we handle them. We've had a very high rate with our styles of getting them to break; they usually end up breaking within hours."

The pictures 60 Minutes II obtained show an Iraqi prisoner who, according to the U.S. Army, was told to stand on a box with his head covered and wires attached to his hands. That prisoner was told that if he fell off the box, he would be electrocuted. In another photograph, prisoners' bodies were stacked in a pyramid - one body had a slur written in English on his skin.

Despite the charges against American soldiers, Kimmitt says Americans shouldn't lose faith in the military – since the investigation is focused on a small number of soldiers, and doesn't reflect the conduct of the vast majority of U.S. forces.

"Frankly, I think all of us are disappointed by the actions of the few," says Kimmitt. "Every day we love our soldiers but frankly, somedays we're not always proud of our soldiers...It's a small, small minority of people we're talking about here, less than a dozen out of the 150,000 who are serving honorably and proudly over here....The Army is a values-based organization. We live by our values. Some of our soldiers every day die by our values and these acts that you see in these pictures may reflect the actions of individuals but by God it doesn't reflect my army."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/27/60II/main614063.shtml

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/147             02-May-04  @  04:39 PM   -   RE:

mcc>

Link?: Link

web-link

this article is the most comprehensive and detailed explanation of what actually occurred with those prisoner abuses as investigated by a us army general. names of those guilty of wrongdoing and the private-companies involved in the determining of the environment as the us government wages it's humanitarian battle against a people we claim to be liberating.
most definitely check this.

biggest question becomes what are these private-companies doing handling a us military war on foreign soil if it ain't about the money?

Message 52/147             02-May-04  @  05:07 PM   -   RE:

Broken Silence

Thanks for the info clay, but I will refuse anything from michael more. That FAT worthless sloppy cunt faced twat ring of a sloppy bitch that he is.

Clay, you know how i am about celebrities who think its their right to use their status to boost their political point of view. I thought we went over this before  

Message 53/147             02-May-04  @  05:59 PM   -   RE:

xoxos

conservative dad says "it could not be worse" - well, now, with it all out he says that.. what would he say given only the potential for misdeeds instead of the proof.. "don't worry, son, someday all this will be yours.."

"It's cute how the proof is displayed and BS can't come back to see it..." the world makes a lot more sense from "this" perspective, you see - eg. you ever hear that lsd makes people freak out from the government? i've seen ~1,000 people ingest lsd and the ones that freak out are the ones form whom dogma conflicts with reality, eg. christians. no wonder they freak out when everythnig that is real conflicts with the 'truths' that they've built their entire life on.. and still, every time drugs are mentioned, all the straights are like "you'll freak out.."

"Dont you see the "war or terror" is a mechanism for control" - under your sink - you just see one cockroach, but there are thousands! (show picture of snaggle-toothed roach with eyes pointing in different directions and bad acne and a retainer for good measure) kill them now! kill now! for ultimate perfection! you know what that is cos we tell you.

truth will take many lifetimes? naah - you need to dump a couple of industrial tankers worth of salvia concentrate in the water supply, and i guarantee you, bitches will 'recognise' :p salvia is the shit for brain work.

Message 54/147             02-May-04  @  06:51 PM   -   RE:

dissonance

Message 55/147             02-May-04  @  07:06 PM   -   RE:

cheddar

Link?:  Link

BS, you dont have a clue man, I dont have a clue, nobody has a fkn clue, thats the point, why can't we just accept that other people get up to shit we dont and move on, why do we have to waste our too much free time thinking up offence (when its really a doodoo in our own karma) and messing with other peoples lives. Topiary hurts the tree

so those who want to govern are least qualified you say, or being in charge is something you learn in the cradle

Clay your such a dad, i would tell him about the fifty layers of swaddling around his life and how I am jealous cos i only got 30. Strange that as you get older life seems more real, probably some accretion thing.

Message 56/147             02-May-04  @  10:20 PM   -   RE:

d

Link?:  No link

them photos look like some sorta f*ckin frat initiation to me

Message 57/147             02-May-04  @  10:33 PM   -   RE:

mcc>

andrew...please don't smile at me when you spew your brown-shirt drum-beat.... please.

and i swear i'll no longer pretend i have anything to offer you.

mcc>

Message 58/147             02-May-04  @  11:38 PM   -   RE:

Broken Silence

Clay, that was intended to be light hearted. I don't understand why when I insult celebrities you like, you PMS about it like they're your best friends.

Anyone who uses their fame/status to further a political idea is a piece of shit. Their ideas weigh just as much as anyone else's do, but they feel they need special attention (about their political ideas/views) because they have more money than you. Why doesn't that piss you off?

If bruce willis got an oscar and spouted off shit about how no one should elect john kerry, i'd shit in a box and fed ex it to him and demi. Its not his views i'm insulting, its his attitude and im not going to listen to anything a sloppy egotistical fuck has to say about...well anything.

Message 59/147             03-May-04  @  12:31 AM   -   RE:

mcc>

the greatest conservative political icon of the last fifty years....ronald reagan>
wasn't an actor from hollywood, california?
neither was charles heston?
gov. jesse ventura? NOT a www-wrestling star? that's not entertainment?

Message 60/147             03-May-04  @  12:46 AM   -   RE:

mcc>

arnold schwarzennegar isn't an actor??

you name one conservative actor / tough-guy (bruce willis) who hasn't gone into politics and so you say therefore....none of your feather do?

clint eastwood wasn't an actor before he entered politics?

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15

There are 147 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)