aaa filtering through your synth - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: filtering through your synth

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             18-Mar-98  @  07:17 PM   -   filtering through your synth

chembro22

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

what are some good synths to filter drums and basslines through
thanx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             19-Mar-98  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: filtering through your synth

kilo

deep bass nine, any of the novation range.... waldorf pulse, syntechno Tee-Bee, most of them do it.......also how about the FAT rack filter unit....... it's a midi controlled multi-filter unit

Message 3/8             06-Apr-98  @  04:46 PM   -   RE: filtering through your synth

steve

Kilo-
I'm still have trouble sticking my guitar through the BassStation even when taking the signal out of a pre-amp like you suggested. All I got was the last note that the master keyboard made the the Bstation play.
What are you meant hear anyway?

Message 4/8             06-Apr-98  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: filtering through your synth

hilliard

The Micromoog is a great synth for filtering thru. It's sweet for drummachines, vocals, etc). I have yet to try my BassStation Rack for this, but if it's cool, it'll be a lot easier to use, as far as portability (compared to the Micromoog).

Message 5/8             07-Apr-98  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: filtering through your synth

kilo

well remeber the incoming signal (your axe) is going to be effected by the synths parameters.... so you'd better set up a traight thur patch with no LFO modulating the signal out of ear-range.... then use controllers or your hand to adjust the sound.... perhaps it'd be better setting up a looped bit of audio laying thru it... then you'll be free to experiiment without having to hold & play a guitar at the same time

Message 6/8             07-Apr-98  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: filtering through your synth

hilliard

Yeah.....when I first got my Micromoog, it took a bit of trial&error to get the "filtering of external sound sources" thing down right. There are quite a few settings/switches that can totally screw you up, if they're not set right. I tried (as kilo mentioned) running a drum machine pattern into the input and let it loop while I fiddled with the moog until I got it right.

Someone else posted the same type of question at SonicState, and I submitted my Micromoog patch settings for this filter processing setup. It's not exactly the same as the BassStation, but it may help, if you still can't get it to work. As I said, there are a few "major" settings that have to be made, or else you'll get nada.

Well, if you want to try converting terminoly from Moog to Novation (if and when it applies), here are the patch settings that I use for this application (remember this is a Micromoog, not a BassStation):

Starting from top-left corner of the Micro, moving left to right:

octave: 32'

freq: (does not matter)

wave: (does not matter)

doubling: (does not matter)

noise: 0

cutoff: 2

emphasis: 10

contour amt: +5

attack: (does not matter)

release: (does not matter)

attack: (does not matter)

release: (does not matter)

rate: (does not matter)

source: bend

route: filter

glide: (does not matter)

volume: (does not matter) 5 works for me

release: (does not matter) - mine is set to far right position

osc: OFF - far right position

filter mod by osc: OFF - far left position

filter mode: FULL - middle position

filter sustain: (does not matter) - mine is set to far right position

loudness sustain: (does not matter) - mine is set to far left position

bypass: ON - far right position

Plug your external sound source (drum mcahine, synth, vocal, etc.) into the "AUDIO INPUT" jack on the rear panel, and use the MOD WHEEL to open/close the filter......voila!

I process a TR-606, vocal samples, even entire mixes in this manner. Check it out.

Again, hopefully this is what you wanted to do. ;->

Soory for the length of this response, but hopefully the info will help ya' out.

Message 7/8             08-Apr-98  @  03:08 PM   -   RE: filtering through your synth

steve

Well beyond the call off duty

Thanks.hilliard@tir.com

Message 8/8             09-Apr-98  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: filtering through your synth

johnj

If you've got an old Sequential 6traks or something else with CEM chips, then it's easy to break in to the "noise" input on the chips. The Sequential has one master noise source and an individual input on each CEM chip. Cop a schematic and check it out. I modified mine for individual outs for each chip and pan them (w/ differeny Fc's) around. There's no envelope in, but the footswich will step the arpeggiator. Hook up a comparator or something or MIDI control each chip separately.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)