aaa Esoniq AudioPCI? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Esoniq AudioPCI?

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16             09-Apr-98  @  06:41 PM   -   Esoniq AudioPCI?

johnj

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I read a killer review and just got one for $38 +SH. It sounds clean and does an excellant job recording audio (full duplex). But the sounds are SOOOO bland. Any 3rd party stuff to load sounds onto it? I miss my Ultramax already, but the Gravis was a dead end and half-duplex.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             14-Apr-98  @  10:51 AM   -   Esoniq AudioPCI

unity69

Please let me know if you find such an editor.
I contacted Ensoniq.com. They said there isn't any editor currently available. Maybe you could contact them too and let them know that there is demand for an editor like that. Send your e-mail to: multimedia@ensoniq.com

Message 3/16             26-Apr-98  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: Esoniq AudioPCI?

Ufo

Is this soundcard good? A need something better that my present SB-32 (that sucks). I'm having problem running hard-disk-recording and midi sequenser at the same time.
Will a PCI-card take less "processor power"?
Grateful for answers.

Message 4/16             26-Apr-98  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: Esoniq AudioPCI?

unity69

Depends what you need. I use it for hard-disk recording and midisequencing with my Cubase VST and it's a perfect choice.
The sound qualiy equals to many times more expensive dedicated audio boards. PCI bus makes makes it lots faster to load data from your computer to the soundcard. That means you get more tracks availabel with harddisk recording proggies.

I posted some links to sites where you can find information about Ensoniq AudioPCI earlier in this same area, under subject: don't pay too much for good quality. Check it out!

Message 5/16             27-Apr-98  @  11:43 AM   -   RE: Esoniq AudioPCI?

Ufo

Ok. THNX!

Message 6/16             30-Apr-98  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: Esoniq AudioPCI?

cp8692

Just replaced my awe-32+Yamaha XG with this thing. Uses lots less resources, but I'm planning to go to 64 meg for speed. If anyone does find some better sounds (strings and flute are awful!) please let me know.

Other than that, I would heartily reccommend this card to anyone. The sound power seems to be only limited by computer memory, so I'm assuming somebody will come up with an editor and some monstrous sounds pretty soon.

cp2

Message 7/16             01-May-98  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: Esoniq AudioPCI?

unity69

Have you seen any other wavesets for AudioPCI than these 2 and 4 mb sets that come with the card and one 8 mb set? Has anybody managed to build their own wavesets somehow?

I haven't tried the 8 mb set myself because I use an external Korg synthetizer and therefore I need AudioPCI only for recording audio in VST. But you should check the 8 mb set out. It should sound pretty massive.

Message 8/16             05-May-98  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: Esoniq AudioPCI?

Blooz4U

I need some help...
I purchased the Audio PCI sound card and I cannot get it to do the Dos sounds for my games..
It keeps tellin me that the legacy device not found..but its there and its loaded..anyone know the driver name for Legacy Device?? I have manually entered in diffrent sound card emulations, but I get the same effect.no sound..Please help me and the game I am running is Nascar 2.

Thanks in advance,

AJ

Message 9/16             05-May-98  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: Esoniq AudioPCI?

unity69

There's many tricks you can do. I don't remember them cuz I'm not so interested in games and there isn't any problems with my favourites: DarkForcesII, Need4SpeedIISE, World Karts, International Rally Championships etc.

Check out the complete manual on the cd-rom. It's all explained there. There were one or two games to cause problems... check out www.ensoniq.com and the unofficial supportpage.. you get the link from ensoniq-site.

Message 10/16             22-May-98  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: Esoniq AudioPCI?

STEPHENB

Can you buy the Ensoniq Audio PCI in the UK and for how much?

Message 11/16             02-Jun-98  @  08:58 AM   -   RE: Esoniq AudioPCI?

stephenb

Just bought one for £19!!!..from a small computer shop in Falkirk of all places.

Message 12/16             20-Jun-98  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: Esoniq AudioPCI? Win98 drivers???

dewme

Anybody know where win98 drivers for this card are???

Please email dewme@willinet.net if you know of any. Ensoniq has none posted yet.

Message 13/16             22-Jun-98  @  11:32 AM   -   RE: Esoniq AudioPCI?

Mike

Has anyone found out where to buy and Ensoniq PCI in the UK and for how much? Apperently the card has been taklen over by Creative Labs!!!!!!

Message 14/16             22-Jun-98  @  01:02 PM   -   RE: Esoniq AudioPCI?

stephenb

You can buy a Trump AudioPCI (Ensoniq card)from Britek for about £20.
Most U.K. PC dealers should be able to get one for you.

Message 15/16             25-Jun-98  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: Esoniq AudioPCI?

Have you a contact number for Britek or that little computer shop in Falkirk? I havent had any luck around here.

Cheers

Message 16/16             26-Jun-98  @  11:00 AM   -   RE: Esoniq AudioPCI?

If found a web page of Britek, and it said that they are MANUFACTURERS of sound cards. Are you sure you didn't get a clone of the AudioPCI? There are a lot of clones out there, and 20 pounds is quite cheap considering that sound cards in the UK are usually a bit more expensive than in the US, and you will be very lucky to find the Audiopci for 35$ in the US.

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)