aaa someone else looking for soundcard help! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: someone else looking for soundcard help!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             09-May-98  @  06:57 PM   -   someone else looking for soundcard help!

absolut52

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

OK, here's the deal, like many of the other people that wrote in, I'm looking for a soundcard to write techno on. specificaly jungle. For me, money is a problem. I'm looking for something to get started on and don't want to spend more than $150 or so. I've heard bad stuff about the AWE64, so I'd basicaly like info on the other cards.

Thanks in advance,

absolut52@juno.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             11-May-98  @  11:57 PM   -   RE: someone else looking for soundcard help!

daniel (dchalfon

again - creative never made a really pro card and i don't think i's their biz. ok they're cheap but soon you will look for replacement and on the end of the day the money you spend on 2 cards...

if you just want it as an interface for a sofware sequencer (in this case i suppose you own a midi synth) so no problem, but digital audio is the next step and you will want more quality.

Turtle Beach is a good option (maybe you still can find some tahitis on the stores), i heard that audiotrix xg is a good one (it uses yamaha chip). If you're on a budget consider something used.

Message 3/5             26-May-98  @  03:26 AM   -   RE: someone else looking for soundcard help!

There is a card for 200$ that does *a lot of things *

look at the "Guillemot" sound card

Maxime

Message 4/5             26-May-98  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: someone else looking for soundcard help!

There is a card for 200$ that does *a lot of things *

look at the Guillemot

Maxime

Message 5/5             28-May-98  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: someone else looking for soundcard help!

kilo

well, if your working with samples and lops only..... and you wanna turn out product, then the way to go is with a dat machine, and an s/pdif card... there is no need for the signal to enter the analog domain..... if you want midi too, that's another story... you can monitor the output via the dat's nalog outs in standby mode... although a cheap crappy soundblaster would be better, as it wont stress your dat heads.....(of course, that all depends on whether the dat you buy needs to engage the heads to monitor off-input or whether it just passes the signal thru to the DA's regardless....

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)