aaa AWE filter control from Cubase/Cakewalk - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: AWE filter control from Cubase/Cakewalk

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             25-May-98  @  06:59 AM   -   AWE filter control from Cubase/Cakewalk

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Come on, someone must have managed to do a Cubase mixermap for controlling the AWE filters. I don't want to have to spend cash on a PhatBoy or a Control Freak.
Heeelp!.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             28-May-98  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: AWE filter control from Cubase/Cakewalk

ole_dave

Er, I'm REALLY new at all this. So this might be crap.

Don't KNOW what a mixermap is.

Have managed to control the AWE 64 filter by using 2 NPRN commands and then a data entry command. Do that in the list editor, or whatever. Con't remember what the commands are, but if you have an NPRN table you can work it out.

- Dave

Message 3/4             28-May-98  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: AWE filter control from Cubase/Cakewalk

kilo

absolutley... an evening of hard work will get you what you need....

Message 4/4             31-May-98  @  04:26 AM   -   RE: AWE filter control from Cubase/Cakewalk

malcolmj

I find the easiest way to control the filters/LFO's etc on the AWE cards is with AWEtoy. You'll also need something like Hubi's Loopback Device to connect your input device to AWEtoy then to Cubase/Cakewalk. This way the filter can be controlled in realtime.
However, if you want more precise control, then the numbers for the NRPN controls are:
21/16277 filter cutoff
22/16278 filter resonance
Find the others inside AWEtoy

Use whichever number works in your sequencer, eg 16277 works in Cakewalk, but 21 works in Evolution Audio...

Need anymore help, then email me.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)