aaa Gina Card - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Gina Card

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             26-May-98  @  09:35 PM   -   Gina Card

djoskar

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've got a Gina card along with Cubase VST 3.552. Knowing that this card is a recording card(recording audio from an external device(s), I need a soundcard that will act as my sampler. Should I dump this card and get for example, Maxisound 64 or Terratec EWS64XL as my sampler or should I keep my Gina card and buy one of the cards mentioned. Can the Maxi or Terratec card perform as a recording card as well? Can the Gina card and above soundcards work together without problems. Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             28-May-98  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: Gina Card

kilo

well, i dunno if the terratec works ok with vst..... yet...... adding it into the system shouldnt be a problem, quite how that'll effect the midi timing etc of vst is anyones guess.... everything with vst is so system dependant..... but yes, the terratec will function as an audio card.... albeit with less outs....

Message 3/5             15-Jun-98  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: Gina Card

Donīt buy a terratec-card !!!

I experienced many problems with the ews xl and itīs sampling option. My Pinnacle (+digital I/O) worked much better, but it lacks VST support.
I sold my pinnacle 5 hours ago, because I need a pro-recording-card for vst.
i also own a samplecell II and i do not think that any of these `new` cards have comparable sampler-capabilities...

in my opinion the best solution for audio-work based on WinPCs is to buy a samplecell II for samping and an event-card or the new yamaha-card for recording.

Message 4/5             15-Jun-98  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: Gina Card

kilo

well, you say that about the EWS.... but i saw it working perfectly with a P200 at a trade show, running with VST, with VSt & rebirth, sync'd together both outputting audio to the card simultaeneously

Message 5/5             24-Jun-98  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: Gina Card

rich

Don't buy Maxi sound cards. They are very poor.
Amateur toy cards really, especially when compared to the quality you get with GINA.
They are recording cards as well, but still not worth the investment, even though they are cheap.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)