aaa GINA's Motorola 56301 DSP: FACTS - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: GINA's Motorola 56301 DSP: FACTS

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             05-Jun-98  @  03:28 PM   -   GINA's Motorola 56301 DSP: FACTS

Tekno-Logik

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok...I've been trying to hunt down all the info I can on the onboard Motorola DSP chip that all the Event Cards boast about. What they do? According to a tech rep I talked to when i called Event told me that all the DSP does is hand sample rate conversion, "some" audio processing...(in his exact words). He also said that PCI bus actually was the important factor in the fast data transfer and throughput with the cards. So I went to Motorala's site and found info on the 56301 DSP chip...what did I learn? A bunch of technical, non-understandable mumbo jumbo that a typical person or recording engineer would probably understand... I have two major problems with this card. (1) No direct X driver support (2)No NT drivers support. Two of which are majorly important. I asked the rep about this and he vaguely repllied that they should both becoming out soon in the next few months.... So what's the point of paying now with no Direct X and NT driver support when in a couple of months or longer...the price will drop????

Anyway..I need a good sound card cause I've totally grown out of my AWE64 so...I'd appreciate any kind of comments or suggestions from everybody..

If I left out something here or if anyone has any info to ad, PLEASE...Let me know and EMAIL me!

P E A C E

andy

Tekno-Logik@usa.net

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             05-Jun-98  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: GINA's Motorola 56301 DSP: FACTS

Clemens.Kurtz

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi!

Thanks for you information. Thats what I always say to peeps who asks my Midi- and Recording Hotline here in Germany:

- pay attention
- theres lots of markeiting and advertizing blah, blah
- donīt buy the first (second) version of any soundcard
cos thereīs in most cases trouble with these cards
and drivers.
- DSP= Digital Signal Processor dosnīt automatically
means any effects abilities of the soundcard !!

Ciao

Clemens

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)