aaa Skint Student PC kit - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Skint Student PC kit

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             08-Jun-98  @  03:53 PM   -   Skint Student PC kit

ole_dave

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hallo dere. I be a very skint student with an AWE 64 value, SYXG50, a 200MMX 32 meg ram and 2.5 gig HD. Despite the usefulness of Soundfonts, the AWE 64 still sounds pants, and the software just has that annoying 300ms delay. Well, what I just wanna know is what would y'all suggest I do here? I thought about getting an SW60. It sounds good. If I do buy that and get, say, 8MB for the AWE, can I rout the AWE through the Yamaha's FX and so use the AWE as a sampler? If not, what can I do this with that also has decent MIDI tone generation?
I also have a decent guitar with some mother distortion, and would like to record audio tracks along with MIDI. Tried this already. Problem is, this chews up 50mb a throw. Is there some kind of removable media that I can put this on, and then play it off like a tape? Or, if not, is there a way to MP3 compress these and then have them synced to MIDI?
I realise I could just record the MIDI as WAV and them mix it all down as an MP3, but I want to still be able to edit the MIDI.
Dammit.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)