aaa Sample size limit on SB AWE 64 Gold? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Sample size limit on SB AWE 64 Gold?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             10-Jun-98  @  08:15 PM   -   SB AWE 64 Gold

egon_wayne

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Minutes ago, I posted this message to Creative Labs about the SoundBlaster AWE 64 Gold. I would like some opinions from AWE 64 Users too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have two questions on this card:
1. Is there a maximum sample size limit? On some sound cards, you can't use samples bigger than 256 kB, even though bigger samples would fit in RAM. So, is there a limit, and if so, what is the limit?
2. Is it possible to record a MIDI file as wave, all in the digital domain? I know it's possible to connect line-out to line-in, but that would mean going analogue, I don't want the signal to be converted to analogue one single time. Is this possible?
Thanks in advance,
Egon Wayne

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             18-Jun-98  @  09:00 AM   -   RE: Sample size limit on SB AWE 64 Gold?

E.Wayne

Ho-hum... Creative hasn't answered yet... doesn't anybody know?

Message 3/5             24-Jun-98  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: Sample size limit on SB AWE 64 Gold?

99devils

Don't know about the sample size question, but as far as digitally converting MIDI to audio, use
one of the many shareware MIDI wavetable rendering programs out there and render it to a
wav file.

-Craig

Message 4/5             08-Jul-98  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: Sample size limit on SB AWE 64 Gold?

Pimp Daddy

Greeting, E Wayne

Er - well, after farting around on an SB32 (2 generations before de 64 geld) I managed to load a 1.8 or about that bit of music into de zample ram. Derefore I do believe dat there is no restriction on de sample size, I have encountered none using de soundfonts on me present AWE 64 Value.

Try loading as big a sample as you can find into de "Wave" section of de AWE control. It should werk.

- PD

Message 5/5             17-Jul-98  @  12:57 AM   -   RE: Sample size limit on SB AWE 64 Gold?

deebee

To convert midi to wav you can simplyrecord to your audio program (such as soundforge, cool edit, or SAW) by selecting midi recording in your mixer applet and pressing play on your sequncer. The computer then basically records the computer's output. This has the advantage over wavetable rendering programs that you can record the soundcard's own midi sounds and not the software's. If you have Cakewalk this also has an option to build a wav file from your sequnce in the program.

Regards

deebee

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)