aaa Turtle Beach Pinnacle Project Studio - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Turtle Beach Pinnacle Project Studio

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             11-Jun-98  @  01:53 AM   -   Turtle Beach Pinnacle Project Studio

djoskar

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I don't know how to load .wav files into TB synth. I followed the direction but to no avail. What's up? I placed the wave files into my hard drive and when I open up the synth control panel, the "sample store" box is not highlighted. I looked at the bottom of the control panel and it says that there is no . Help. Thanks.

Also, what is a patch editor? New to this stuff. Will I need one. Heard about Everest patch editor?

I just want to make music. HELP.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             11-Jun-98  @  01:56 AM   -   RE: Turtle Beach Pinnacle Project Studio

djoskar

Sorry.. The previous message got cutoff. It continues stating that "...there is no sample bank loaded." Can someone please help?

Message 3/4             11-Jun-98  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: Turtle Beach Pinnacle Project Studio

Rodsta

The sample store only lets you store a .wav sound on the card in a very basic way, with no manipulation.

The Kurzweil synth on the PPS is very powerful (but has a few significant problems - not much RAM, and sample transposition and distortion problems). But it remains powerful, like a cut-down version of a Kurzweil K2000, a very flexible synth.

You *need* a patch editor to access the full power of this synth - to create multi-layered samples, map them across the keyboard, set up modulation and MIDI control, filters, etc, etc.

There are two editors - the official Turtle Beach one (download from their web site at www.tbeach.com, and one by Mark Lakata, a Pinnacle user - the Everest editor.

Mark's is *heaps* better than the official one, worth the small registration fee. Lots easier to use and more productive.

Download Everest at:

http://home.att.net/~lakata/everest.html

Message 4/4             12-Jun-98  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Turtle Beach Pinnacle Project Studio

steve

If your card is anything like mine, ( Tropez ) you will need to fit RAM simms to your card. I have 4Mb, will take 12Mb max. Only then will the " sample store " become active. You can then replace your GM sounds with samples.

You can mix any resolution of sample into the bank, but you need a program like TB's WaveFront for this. When you have assembled you sample bank, save and that's it ready for whatever use. I must admit I found it a real pain to load up and try and use for longer, high res samples but would be good for hits etc, good quality.

Sorry I'm not familiar with your card's
spec, but hopefully the Tropez and Pinnicle share some features.
Cheers.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)