aaa Soundcard advise needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Soundcard advise needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             14-Jun-98  @  10:17 PM   -   Soundcard advise needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

micha.labbe

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Everybody out there, help me!
I need to buy a new soundcard for my new PC(400mhz).
Which one do you suggest to buy?
AWE64, DB80XG, SW60XG, SW1000XG or something else???
I need one for MIDI sequencing with high quality sounds and new ones (it's quite boring with these standard GM/GS sounds)something with XG? I need lots of synth and elec.drum sounds and some acoustics. I'm writing mostly techno stuff like Dreamhouse, Dn'B, and harder things.

PS.
I also need some extention capabilites (in RAM that is).

Is anyone out there who could help me?
Waiting for reply..
...Thañx for reading this ¦)

Daniel Labbé

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             25-Jun-98  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: Soundcard advise needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ole_dave

Since you buy a 400 MHz PC, I assume you are loaded. If so, don't bother with an SB (unless ye are a gamer too). The Yamaha cards (SW60, DB50) are by miles the best price/performance. But, since price is not a problem, you should get a good quality audio card like Turtle Beach.
Alternatively, don't get anything really great until the next wave of PCI soundcards comes out.

Hope that helps.

Message 3/5             27-Jun-98  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: Soundcard advise needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daniel

i agree.

if you buy one yamaha 50 or 60 now in 2 months when the sw1000xg comes out i'll be outdated.

a good option may be the terratec, i never heard it but many people like it.

personally i am waiting for the sw1000...

Message 4/5             02-Jul-98  @  11:15 PM   -   RE: Soundcard advise needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jet

Daniel, so do I. They gonna start shipping in autumn. Looks pretty attractive - 20mb of rom + digital audio + options such as vl voices add-on board & dx board + fx & eq

Message 5/5             21-Jul-98  @  04:32 PM   -   Soundcard advise needed

bcoblens

I'm doing some midi stuff with my DB50XG (which is excellent) and i often use some audio tracks for samples. I mostly do this to create some realistic or typical drum
sounds using 606, 808 and 909 drumsamples. So what I want is a soundcard that can load waves and apply (multiple) effects on them. Either in onboard RAM or loading in real-time over the PCI bus. The Terratec EWS64 XL looked great to me, but I've heard some bad comments on that one. The coming Yamaha SW1000XG looks EXCELLENT, but it only has onboard ROM...... No RAM. Can I somehow use my own samples with that board and apply effects on them? Any advice is appreciated.

Greetz,
Boris Cobelens

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)