aaa ADB Multi!Wav Pro Analog 24 vs Event Gina - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: ADB Multi!Wav Pro Analog 24 vs Event Gina

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             16-Jun-98  @  07:50 AM   -   ADB Multi!Wav Pro Analog 24 vs Event Gina

alexpilot

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've been searching for a really good analog recording sound card, and I found
the ADB pro analog 24 card, for which ADB claims it has s/n ratio of 105db! This
could be true as it uses a 24-bit ADC, but it still quite high considering the jacks
are on the card itself. The card costs 390$. For some strange reason, it seems that nobody knows this card exists, I haven't been able to find any useful info about it on the web.. Has anybody had any experience with this card?
Also, could anyone recommend a good analog + digital sound card? (for around 400$-500$) The gina sound card sounds good, but I'm not sure if it's actually that good.. A lot of money is spent on those 8 outputs, the 6 of which are totally useless to me as I just need a stereo output, and therefore the ADC and DACs must be of less quality than if they had designed it with just 2 outputs and sold it at the same price.. Any gina owners out there to comment about the quality?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             16-Jun-98  @  07:51 AM   -   ADB Multi!Wav Pro Analog 24

You can find some info on the analog pro 24 at
http://www.adbdigital.com/productsproA24.htm
altough it's not much use to find out the actual performance - it is the company description..

Message 3/5             16-Jun-98  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: ADB Multi!Wav Pro Analog 24 vs Event Gina

kilo

i think the thing is here...... will it work with the s/ware ??......... remeber the old Cubase audio...(al versions).... now at that time, (and still), the DAL cards were one of the best stereo cards you could get.... but they dont work with VSt for example....... neither does the tahiti...... so that is the crunch really......

Message 4/5             16-Jun-98  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: ADB Multi!Wav Pro Analog 24 vs Event Gina

alexpilot

I don't see why the pro analog 24 shouldn't work with any software, after all, it's nothing more than a stereo input-stereo output card. The main point is if it truly does offer the quality it says it does.
The break-out box of the Gina seems like an advantage but in fact it is a MINUS! At first you may thing that it keeps the signal away from interference, BUT the conversion takes place on the PCI card, so you have the noise of the card, plus you have a degradation in the signal due to the extra cable, which I think is quite thin by the way (it has to carry 10 separate channels, so each individual channel wire has to be quite thin...)
The pro analog does not have any break-out box, and it has 24-bit convertors. If you consider this, and the fact that for 400$ the gina offers 8 DACs, you can see why I'm not really sure if Gina is so good after all..

Message 5/5             12-Jul-98  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: ADB Multi!Wav Pro Analog 24 vs Event Gina

zebro45

the muti wave pro seems to be an exellent deal
considering ad da cons r 24 bit
but remeber this takes about twice the cpu and h/d
than 16 bits convertors
if any one has one pls e mail me let me know how it is
thanks

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)