aaa What now? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: What now?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             22-Jun-98  @  10:06 AM   -   What now?

stephenb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've spent the last week trying to get my Ensoniq Audio PCI card to work on my machine. I've tried various versions of drivers, PCI slots and IRQs but it refuses to work. My PC just becomes unstable, crashing every two minutes, if it boots up at all.

The card works fine on another computer and an AWE 32 works fine on mine.

Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this problem or can anybody suggest another cheap but usable card.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             22-Jun-98  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: What now?

kilo

missing data from the equation... what s/ware crashes it....

Message 3/3             23-Jun-98  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: What now?

stephenb

If the machine would boot at all, it'd die after about 30secs just on the desktop. It would boot up and work ok in safe mode and when the drivers were removed.

I noticed that the USB was using IRQ12 and so was the card, so I disabled the USB in the BIOS, but it still seemed to hog IRQ12. I then forced the card not to use IRQ12 but it still wouldn't work (the manual states that IRQ10 should not be used).

I also tried disabling plug'n'play in the BIOS as I was having problems trying to install manually, but still no luck.

My mate installed the card on his machine and it worked first time just using plug'n'play!

Anyway fuck it, I've just sold the card and ordered a new Terratec EWS64S card.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)