aaa SbLive! for games or work? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: SbLive! for games or work?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             18-Oct-98  @  02:08 PM   -   SbLive! for games or work?

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello, I own Terratec Audiosystem EWS64XL soundcard but I also have many problems with it. I was wondering, does SoundBlaster Live! has all the nice things I have been hearing? I need a sound card not only for games but for serius work also. Midi synthesis, full duplex, realtime hard disk recording, channel mixing etc.. Can Sound Blaster fulfill these needs? Thank you very much

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             18-Oct-98  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: SbLive! for games or work?

Ren

That soundblaster live is for games. All of their cards suck for serious music. YOU won't ever know until you get a pro or even a semi-pro card

Message 3/4             18-Oct-98  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: SbLive! for games or work?

I think that EWS64XL is good for serius music; for the money it costs. Do you think otherwise?

Message 4/4             19-Oct-98  @  02:14 PM   -   RE: SbLive! for games or work?

Clemens

Soundblaster Live is a card for gamers. Thats all, folks.

No serious "all in one" solution for semi- / prof. musicians.

If you are only fooling around with music, Midi and soundcards or if you are an
absolute beginner, well, this card may be ok, but if you have any serious interests in
sequencing / recording please save your money and look for another / better
soundcard.

I know: Creative Labs advertising is very agressive and they promise all, but its only
printed paper.

I do sequencing for long times now and I´ve installed lots of soundcards, SB16/ 32/
64 as well as Turtle Beach, Terratec, Guillemot, etc.

Creative Labs sales strategy for Soundblaster Cards is the common PC market and
PC gamers, not musicians !!!!.

Remember: they have another product line for more prof. users: EMU- Systems /
EMU soundcards.

Ciao

Clemens

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)