aaa DSP FACTORY OR APS OR GINA OR TERRATEC,ORWHAT - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: DSP FACTORY OR APS OR GINA OR TERRATEC,ORWHAT

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             16-Nov-98  @  12:51 PM   -   DSP FACTORY OR APS OR GINA OR TERRATEC,ORWHAT

confused

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

If you own any of the above cards please reply with your 2 cents worth about the card
what It's like,why you bought it and why you didn't buy one of the others.

Thanks
Confused

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             16-Nov-98  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: DSP FACTORY OR APS OR GINA OR TERRATEC,ORWHAT

Ziggy

Hey mister confused!
I bougth a yammy dsp...going to get another one too! Why? Because I have tried it with cubase..
and it works! Eq.efx.lotsa trax.(the joy of routing)...24 bit whole way..clean..stable (sic!)...drivers ready..brilliant..Cheap for specs...
Why not Gina? Not that much happening on the card itself..your cpu still have to work hard..Good quality of sound thogh...I am not sure about the signal path....
APS?? no way hombre....synth and sheit on a card repulses me! You don`T want that...(because
you get better ones as software) (saying that without having tried the pulsar synth) Terratec....ahem...host
that`s ahem...like in another division....
So go whammy Yammy you too...!
Seriously, it is good....
Ziggy.

Message 3/10             16-Nov-98  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: DSP FACTORY OR APS OR GINA OR TERRATEC,ORWHAT

troels

the yam doesn't have onboard sampler, does it ???

Message 4/10             16-Nov-98  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: DSP FACTORY OR APS OR GINA OR TERRATEC,ORWHAT

Ziggy

No, it doesen`t!
But I have gigasampler...
Besides..Yamaha is planning an A3000 sampler chip thing or
whatever to be put on the dsp card...Some of you may like that??
If they do..I`ll ask them to remove it for me...
ziggy

Message 5/10             17-Nov-98  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: DSP FACTORY OR APS OR GINA OR TERRATEC,ORWHAT

Rafael

Ziggy

Putting our APS argument aside... How do you like Gigasampler? I read about it yesterday. Looked good. Does it have onboard effects and stuff like that?

It's ment to be able to load up large sample chunks on the run. Does that work???

You say you have it. It's expensive. Where do you get one cheap.

Rafael

Message 6/10             18-Nov-98  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: DSP FACTORY OR APS OR GINA OR TERRATEC,ORWHAT

Ziggy

Rafael,....
I guess you just missed your chance to get giga for free.....
at least from me
(ryhme master ziggy) (the greedy evil..hint..hint)

Message 7/10             18-Nov-98  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: DSP FACTORY OR APS OR GINA OR TERRATEC,ORWHAT

kilo

so are the new dsp drivers accessible from new VST24 then?... cos i was told that at the moment, you cant access the dsp fx or the eq on the card from VST's mixer area......

Message 8/10             18-Nov-98  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: DSP FACTORY OR APS OR GINA OR TERRATEC,ORWHAT

ZIGGY,

Where did u read about that sampler card? i'd like to read it myself :-)

Thaks

MED

Message 9/10             19-Nov-98  @  07:39 AM   -   RE: DSP FACTORY OR APS OR GINA OR TERRATEC,ORWHAT

Med

I think you got it a bit wrong. Ziggy is not the one who has read about Gigasampler. I did. And I read about in Future Music. It was not a large article. I think that this kind on info. you'll fint on the net only by searching using one of the search engines.

Anyway it's not a card. It's an entirely software based thing. But what it's exactly good for except from beeing able to play samples from HD I don't know yet.

Rafael

Message 10/10             19-Nov-98  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: DSP FACTORY OR APS OR GINA OR TERRATEC,ORWHAT

Ziggy

Hey Kilo! yup...the eq and efx are now accsessible from cubase 24...and it works as a breeze
there seems to be a bit bugging if you have other soundcards installed though...for instance cubase
won`t recognize anything when I have the Motu-hard disc system installed alongside yamaha dsp...
Maybe it`s Motu drivers also...but aside from that...yamaha alone in a cubase 24 config...yuppi!
You can download the drivers on the net..
Ahh...gigasampler is not a card..software...it`s good for...er...sampling! with a good soundcard it`s like a really bastard of a sampler....huge...does everything....instant intergration with cubase\cakewalk etc..nice!

But I think MED meant the A3 thingie on the yamaha?? It was something mentioned on the ANS festival
or whatever...I read a synopsis of news from several companies...Yamaha said they`d probably ..maybe put an a3k (the sampler with knobs) chip thing on the yamaha dsp...silly...
Ziggy

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)