aaa no cd rom connector on sw1000xg - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: no cd rom connector on sw1000xg

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             20-Nov-98  @  07:48 PM   -   no cd rom connector on sw1000xg

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

This is my letter to yamaha (of which I don't expect a reply)

One of your faq's states:
Q.
Does it have an input for my CD ROM audio out?
A.
No. Again, it's not a toy games card!!

My question: Are you saying that the only reason to have an input for a cd rom drive is for
games? or toy games (whatever they are)? Have you ever heard about digital outputs
from a cd rom in addition to audio outputs? Why couldn't at least accept on your card
digital from a cd rom?
An example of an interactive cd rom that utilizes both cd audio and midi can be found at
http://www.pgmusic.com/rockguitarist.htm
That product is not a toy and it is not a game. It is one of a growing number of very
professional products that take advantage of a multimedia computer. Can you please add
at least a digital in connector on your card to allow connection to the digital out of a cd
rom?

Does any one else share my idea? How do we get yamaha to add this feature?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             20-Nov-98  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: no cd rom connector on sw1000xg

My suggestion is to buy a second sound card and connect your cd rom to it. I have a crapblaster gold 64 running in conjuction with my sw1000xg and they work fine together. Its more money, but hey, isn't everything. You might be able to route the cd rom output into the sw1000xg. I will experiment and see if this works

Message 3/4             23-Nov-98  @  02:16 PM   -   RE: no cd rom connector on sw1000xg

sw1000

A; Yamaha do reply , all the time to my emails, very polite, very quick as well !

B: Protools - No CD ROM CONNECTOR
Tripledat - NO CD ROM CONNECTOR
SONORUS - DITTO
PARIS - DITTO
DSP FACTORY - DITTO
AUDIOWERK - DITTO
MIXTREME - DITTO

what have all the above got in common

THEY ARE PRO CARD SYSTEMS

SO go figure !!

SW1000 is not a toy games card !

Message 4/4             23-Nov-98  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: no cd rom connector on sw1000xg

kilo

ohhh......oooooo...... er...... maybe the letter was bit critical??..... well, i cant see whay being able to record direct from your cdrom to h/d via the card is NOT pro quality... it's certaily a feature i'd want to use every day........

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)