aaa AAPPSS PART 2 SO WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT 1HR - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: AAPPSS PART 2 SO WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT 1HR

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             24-Nov-98  @  11:14 AM   -   AAPPSS PART 2 SO WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT 1HR

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

This thread is a continuation of AAAAAAPPPPPSSSSSSS It will take less time to read.
Is the card fully operational or does it need improvements.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             26-Nov-98  @  08:30 AM   -   RE: AAPPSS PART 2 SO WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT 1HR

Dale from cairns australia,
do you know who stocks the card in australia.
thanks andrew....

Message 3/10             26-Nov-98  @  10:08 AM   -   RE: AAPPSS PART 2 SO WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT 1HR

Rafael

Andrew

If I had to buy APS again I think I'd order it directly from www.emu.com. I paid more for this card buying it here then I'd pay ordering directly. I did it just to be able to get support if I needed it afterwards.

The thing is that the guys at place where I bought it don't have a clue. And I still haven't got the CD-rom cable I requested there. I've learned a lot using e-mail and news.

I've ordered the Module Mania CD-bundle from www.emu.com. It took under weeks to deliver by DHL.

Rafael

Message 4/10             29-Nov-98  @  05:21 AM   -   RE: AAPPSS PART 2 SO WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT 1HR

Rafael,
Did you have to pay a lot of duty or did it arrive direct to your door.

Message 5/10             29-Nov-98  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: AAPPSS PART 2 SO WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT 1HR

Rafael

It came to my door but I had to pay the duty as well.
This i what I paid.

99$ Module Mania
24$ DHL
17$ Duty
20$ FedEx's administration fee. (I don't get why...)

The moral is if you are making an order it better be big. As you see Module Mania costed me twice the price in this case. If I ordered it with APS I'd save my money.
(Not to mention that Module Mania isn't really all that...)

Rafael

Message 6/10             29-Nov-98  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: AAPPSS PART 2 SO WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT 1HR

RAPHAEL,

I ask more specific questions about APS here (than in the pulsar channel).

Did u try audio recording? with what program, did u put loads of APS effetcs on it, did it work?

Well, tell us about your feelings

see ya

MED

Message 7/10             29-Nov-98  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: AAPPSS PART 2 SO WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT 1HR

Rafael

MED

I haven't tried audio recording yet. So I can't really say much about that part. Although I have recorded a voice from an acapella mix from a CD. It turned out good. I hear no distortion. But I know from the APS' news group that APS is doing some silly things when when recording audio. As far as I understand it is converting from 41 Khz to 48 and then to 41 kHz again. I'm not sure when it happens but some folks in the news group are really angry about that. I've heard rumours that E-MU is coming out with an upgrade to fix that and other things. They are improving the mixer part in the APS too. But this are only rumours.

So, to conclude: HD-recording is not APS strongest side yet. But they are working on that.

Personally I'm pleased with sound of APS. It has many effects which you can customize by using parameters. And they are good. I do miss beeing able to create a sound from the scratch. But buying Reality will allow me that. I haven't missed that much yet. It will still be under the price of the PULSAR.

Rafael

Message 8/10             29-Nov-98  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: AAPPSS PART 2 SO WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT 1HR

calm

RAPHAEL,

REally, before u get reality listen to it.
I didn't like how you program the synth in it. Also, it's not a synth, just samples plus some effects like cutoff and rez but i don't like how it sound (i hate it).

Also, the sampler part, where u can load waves and soundfont is weak. It transforms the sound too much.

Actually, imho, i never seen something that differs more than what is written on the box than reality.

I hate reality. that's personnal. but make sure u try it well before u buy that thing. The risk to be disappointed is very high with reality.

MED

Message 9/10             30-Nov-98  @  07:39 AM   -   RE: AAPPSS PART 2 SO WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT 1HR

Rafael

MED

Oh... Thank you for warning me. Now I can put that thought aside and concentrate on my music. After all I do feal that I've got everything I need on my APS. Except from the audio part that could have been better. It seems that we tend to miss most the things we know little about :-).

Rafael

Message 10/10             30-Nov-98  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: AAPPSS PART 2 SO WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT 1HR

calm

YEs,

We all need all those programs, or at least, we need something with their specifications.

And often, you realize that you could have done the same with what you already have and that you didn't need the thing, you would like to have it...

Actually, all i need is love :-) and everybody, hehe

See you

MED

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)