aaa Cheapies for the Newbie - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Cheapies for the Newbie

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             03-Dec-98  @  02:05 AM   -   Cheapies for the Newbie

pppetrick

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

simple question . . . i have $300 to spend on a sound card and anything else related. i've been into making music for a while, but never on the computer. don't even mention the word creative. i may be ignorant but not stupid. someone please just give me some ideas, and tell me the pros AND cons. i've been thinkin TB. what else is out there?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             03-Dec-98  @  07:28 AM   -   RE: Cheapies for the Newbie

Rafael

Buy Soundblaster Live. It's a cheap and simplified version of EMU APS. It has all the stuff you need to get started. I've got APS myself but it costs a bit more.

I don't know which Turtle Beach you you are refering to. But you don't want to buy an ISA card wich gives you an option to have a daughterboard with lame preset voices on it, do you? SBLive gives you a sampler with soundfont compatibilty.

Read more at http://www.sblive.com

Rafael

Message 3/3             03-Dec-98  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: Cheapies for the Newbie

turtle beach is good but has a lot of incompatibilities. The sbLive is easy, compatible, has a sampler (soundfonts) and comes with a lot of usable softwares in its full version (not the "value" version"). i think it's the best card to begin with.
there's a www.sblive.com if u wanna know what soft come with it.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)