aaa Basic HELP - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Basic HELP

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             22-Sep-98  @  04:46 AM   -   Basic HELP

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

My home studio is comprised of a Yamaha DX7, Roland JV 1080, and Cubase VST for Windows.  I had the DX7 already, and I was interested in getting a sound module and software for my PC, so I could utilize my computer as a sequencer.  The people at Sam Ash directed me to buy the JV 1080 and the Cubase software.  Unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful in utilizing this equipment together.  I can record and playback one track with one instrument, however, when I try to record on another track, it only allows
me to record and playback from the same channel (and instrument) that I already have on the first track.
For example:
TRACK 1     CHANNEL 1    INSTRUMENT: PIANO
TRACK 2     CHANNEL 2    INSTRUMENT: GUITAR

If I record something on both of these tracks, only the piano sound will be heard during playback (I cannot get the piano & guitar to be palyed simultaneously).

Can anyone there help me???
(I feel like I just threw away $1,500.00)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             22-Sep-98  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: Basic HELP

Clemens.Kurtz

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi!

Good news: what you wanna do works fine. The only thing you have to do is to switch your JV 1080 in Multimode.
In this mode you can playback all 16 Midi channels simultaneously with the individual track (voice) settings.

Take a look into your JV manual. Find out the chapters

- Multimode or
- GM/ GS Mode

Well, I donīt have a JV 1080, but I know thats the way how it works.

You can check out the following too:

load a GM/ GS compatible Midi- song. These songs have a sysex-data string at the beginning of the song, usually in track one, beat one. You should find something like

F0,7E,7F,09,01,F7 as data string

This command forces the JV 1080 to switch to GM mode.

This is the mode to playback normal Midi-songs.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)