aaa Dongle not found!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Dongle not found!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             25-Sep-98  @  11:48 PM   -   Dongle not found!!

sox

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I've been using VST for almost a year now on various computers, having the same problem as others but I managed to get them sorted out with the latest drivers for my soundcard and video. 16 tracks, 4 fx + eq on a P233mmx laptop and it's been running beautifully for the last 3-4 weeks.
Today I had a (fairly) rare crash with kernel32.vxd and now neither my VST nor Score can find the dongle.

I've been reading the newsgroup regularly (alt.steinberg.cubase) for about the last 9 months and seen a few messages regarding other peoples experiences with this strange event but I don't think I've ever seen any kind of answer for it.
I re-installed the program (2 times), removed any reference to it in the registry, reinstalled again and still had the same problem. Removed the printer port and let Win95 reinstall it, no joy. Reinstalled Win95, still no joy.
The pisser is that it happened at 8pm this evening and I've got a solo gig tomorrow at 12 noon! Shit happens eh?

If anybody knows the solution to this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

sox

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             28-Sep-98  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: Dongle not found!!

Clemens

Link?:  No link

Hi!

...... had the same problem about one year ago.

What happend? My dongle was broken !!

I´ve had to send it to Steinberg and I´ve got a new one.
That worked fine again.

Message 3/3             28-Sep-98  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: Dongle not found!!

sox

Link?:  Link

I talked to Steinberg UK today and they said that might be the problem. I'm shipping it off to them tomorrow and I'll let you know.
I've got some teaching in a youth centre on Wed. who have VST, I'll try their dongle to see if it works or not.
Thanks for the help Clemens.

sox

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)