aaa any JV-1080 experts? I need help. - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: any JV-1080 experts? I need help.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             30-Sep-98  @  05:26 AM   -   any JV-1080 experts? I need help.

dougcohen

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am trying to set up a PERFORMANCE so I can use my 1080 with Cubase (I want to be able to record different patches on different tracks).
I am completely lost with this whole performance thing - I click on to perform but I still cant change patches on different tracks through Cubase. In addition, I dont really understand how many performances my 1080 came with, and how I change any of them so I can record on Cubase.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             01-Oct-98  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: any JV-1080 experts? I need help.

AF701770

g

Message 3/4             01-Oct-98  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: any JV-1080 experts? I need help.

AF701770

What you do is quite simple if I can remember.
First select a track on cubase, eg Track 1. And make sure it's sending on MIDI channel 1.
Then on the JV1080 press the perform button.
Select a performance from the user bank with the data wheel.any will do.
Now press parrameter button.
In the top right of the display should be a part number.
Select part one with the cursor keys on the JV.
Now under the display is a line of buttons, one of which says MIDI under it. PUSH IT .
Here you select Recieve on/off and the channel that this part recieves on.(It may be that more than one part it recieving on MIDI chanel 1. so you may have to check the other parts. i.e put part one on MIDI Channel. Part 2 on MIDI channel 2 etc etc.
Phewe, now for the bit that you actually want to know.
Next to the button that says MIDI is one that reads PATCH , if you press it you can choose which patch to use with each part.
Maybe it's not that simple ROB

Message 4/4             01-Oct-98  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: any JV-1080 experts? I need help.

AF701770

What you do is quite simple if I can remember.
First select a track on cubase, eg Track 1. And make sure it's sending on MIDI channel 1.
Then on the JV1080 press the perform button.
Select a performance from the user bank with the data wheel.any will do.
Now press parrameter button.
In the top right of the display should be a part number.
Select part one with the cursor keys on the JV.
Now under the display is a line of buttons, one of which says MIDI under it. PUSH IT .
Here you select Recieve on/off and the channel that this part recieves on.(It may be that more than one part it recieving on MIDI chanel 1. so you may have to check the other parts. i.e put part one on MIDI Channel. Part 2 on MIDI channel 2 etc etc.
Phewe, now for the bit that you actually want to know.
Next to the button that says MIDI is one that reads PATCH , if you press it you can choose which patch to use with each part.
Maybe it's not that simple ROB

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)