aaa How do I put plug-in FX on "part" of track? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: How do I put plug-in FX on "part" of track?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             05-Oct-98  @  11:26 PM   -   How do I put plug-in FX on

celtic_98

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How do I put an effect on part of an audio track say like the chorus then bring it back to normal?
When I try to add an effect to part of a track it does the whole track, is there a way????
Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             06-Oct-98  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: How do I put plug-in FX on

Clemens

.... well, if you want to set an effect to ... lets say from beat 20 to 30 of an audio-track, you should use an audio mixertrack.

This mixer- (control)- track is createt automatically when you push the write button of the audio-mixer.

Done this, control the chorus-effect knob of this mixer (FX-section), that means, rise the chorus effect when your song locator reaches beat 20 and set this controller back to zero when playback is at beat 30.

The chorus control will be recorded in the mixertrack and when you do function "create file" in the master-mixer-section, this settings will be recorded directly into the final mixdown.

Remember: you can edit (modify) this mixertrack, i.e. set/ delete values manually.

Message 3/7             07-Oct-98  @  06:27 PM   -   RE: How do I put plug-in FX on

celtic

I tried putting a fuzzbox effect and writing on part of track but couldn't.

Message 4/7             08-Oct-98  @  01:24 AM   -   RE: How do I put plug-in FX on

kilo

there is also snapshot record isn't there?... like, if you simply want to have a reverb ON at bar 16... then have it OFF at bar 32 say, without adjusting the level as the track runs....

Message 5/7             08-Oct-98  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: How do I put plug-in FX on

Clemens

.... well, kilo you´re right. Its easier to use the snapshot if you want to set up only one value.

er, celtic,..... did you really use the write button at audio-mixer?

... there was really no audio-mixertrack created?

chack it out again. It should work this way....

Message 6/7             09-Oct-98  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: How do I put plug-in FX on

celtic

Got it to work but I had to put that part of the bass line on a separate track then add. It at least worked! Snap shot I'll look that up? Is that under the documentation?

Message 7/7             09-Oct-98  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: How do I put plug-in FX on

Clemens

yeah, its described in the manual.

Snapshot: just klick at the write button (enable is) while the song is NOT playing. Than disable write function again. That´s all.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)