aaa More LOgic Audio impressions - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: More LOgic Audio impressions

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             11-Oct-98  @  04:52 PM   -   More LOgic Audio impressions

kilo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

finding out more each day..... best thing so far (apart from the totally solid timing), is the way the quantise functions work.... it is very simply to produce a quantise groove based on an audio loop.... took a while to figure out the difference between the track quantise, and the part quantise, but you can do either, and mix them up..... but simply create a quantise based on the loop.... then apply it to different tracks.... after about 30 minutes of discovering how it worked, and applying it, i managed to get an absolitely super-tite midi & audio groove from a loop, and several drum parts.... very tite indeed.....

Still has not crashed, or messed up once since install...... runs all night, and is still running when i wake up in the morning... loverly.....

there is another really good feature.... the delay section... again, parts within a track, or the entire tracks can be all offset in time against each other...... either directions... retard or advance... brilliant to re-loop grooves on the audio tracks say to try cross- rhythms.... it's like having a loop-start facility on each track or part..... so you can simply advance or retard a drum loop say... against the rest of the track..... brilliant.....
hate tyo say it... but i'm definatley becoming a Logic convert....... oh dear.... dont think i'm going back to vst..... it really is a very good programme... IF you can get to learn it... so bloody complicated.... if you dont understand it at first i was having all these wrong settings, cos i wasnt sure what i was doing, so i had offsets on parts, then couldnt seem to get rid of them, when i was trying to adjust the offset on the tracks !!.... but once saorted it is really great..... i'm definately going to use LA.... just such a solid feel to the grooves, much less loose than VST i have to say... the mixer is faster too..... better response.... plus LA can work with a preset for many multi cards.... especially interesting, is that it still supports the old yamaha CBX (no, not the Honda 1100 cc job !!)... the yamaha CBX was an older 2 and 4 out external unit with built in eq on some..... they can be had cheap noe, a good option.... also supports SoundScape specifically, which is again interesting, as it is a very cost effective system in that field....(external dedicated hardware with built-in disk drives..)

anyways... it's running like a peach on an old MMX 200....... and is the only one out of vst & Cakewalk pro audio V7 that has not so far exhibited problems after some use on this machine...... well, they are selling those P233mmx's off at about 400 new now, so..... not a bad setup for the money.... even better if you could find an old CBX unit cheap.....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)