aaa Turtle Beach Montego Problems? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Turtle Beach Montego Problems?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             09-Nov-98  @  03:38 PM   -   Turtle Beach Montego Problems?

rob

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am trying to run Cubase 3.5x on a 300MHz BX chipset motherboard with 128Mb of RAM. The problem is that Cubase is continually causing GPF's when I try to do any extensive audio work (29 tracks with EQ and effects on about 5). The error is consistent, but happens at different times. Sometimes I can work for two hours, others I can only go 15 minutes. If I leave the sytem sitting with Cubase open (even just the empty DEF.ARR) and it will GPF.

I have narrowed the problem down to either the soundcard (a Montego A3DXstream) or Cubase (the default Windows ASIO drivers).

Is anyone else out there using a Montego card and are they experiencing similar problems?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             19-Nov-98  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: Turtle Beach Montego Problems?

rob

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Since no one else seems to have this problem, I will give everyone the warning. Montego cards and Cubase VST don't work together!

Leveled my system, replaced the Montego with an old SB16, re-installed all the software and everything runs just fine. So now I am going to use the SB16 for MIDI and an AWE64 for audio. And then one day (when I get rich and famous) I'll buy a real audio card like a Sonorus, Korg or Motu.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)