aaa Atari 1040 new user needs help - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Atari 1040 new user needs help

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             15-Nov-98  @  05:43 AM   -   Atari 1040 new user needs help

influx5150

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hello all...
I recently got a 1040STf and an original copy of Cubase v3...
got a few problems...
first thing is, the manual says that the prog will run only in mono. True? When I boot it up the tracks window comes up all jumbled, so either I have a bad copy, or its just that my monitor is color.

Basically what I need to know is ANY suggestions about info for this system...preferably in the US. Id like to get more RAM to speed things up a bit, and I heard that there is a 19" mono monitor available.
Any help about anything...even books on the 1040 or websites, would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Please email if poss.
Peace

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             21-Nov-98  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Atari 1040 new user needs help

influx

Link?:  Link

Oh never mind...figured it out...

Message 3/10             24-Nov-98  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: Atari 1040 new user needs help

LoFi

Keep on Rockin' that Atari. Ol' school rulez. =)
Gettin' a 4MEG 1040STE soon...

Message 4/10             24-Nov-98  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: Atari 1040 new user needs help

influx

Finally an answer and its (just) props! Oh well...dont worry I think Ill be stickin with this baby as soon as I get a new mouse and get my head round cubase (never used it before). But as a sequencer it seems darn stable!! And pretty powerful, especially for a what, 10 yr old proggy?
Might like to get more RAM and an HD...
what are you gonna use for sequencing LOFI?

Message 5/10             26-Nov-98  @  09:34 AM   -   RE: Atari 1040 new user needs help

LoFi

Do you mean software? Some ol' cubase version... I think you can use a PC serial mouse if you get a driver (which you have load at every restart),

Message 6/10             27-Nov-98  @  03:14 AM   -   RE: Atari 1040 new user needs help

influx

Found a couple places that sell third party mice...email me at influx5150@hotmail.com if you want the site...also...found out that cubase has a function that boosts the tracking on the Atari mouse...makes a huge difference but it still feels like shit!

Message 7/10             27-Nov-98  @  08:29 AM   -   RE: Atari 1040 new user needs help

LoFi

Thnx but I allready got a good mouse that I got with a 520STFM from a friend. I haven't tried an original atari mouse, but I have tried an Amiga one (and this was pure shit).

Message 8/10             27-Nov-98  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: Atari 1040 new user needs help

koala

I have an old ves.of PRO 24 and I need to convert my files
from Atari to P.C. any body know of a coverter prog.thanx.

Message 9/10             27-Nov-98  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: Atari 1040 new user needs help

influx

As for file transfers, Ask Kilo that question...he might know (and he might even answer.)

LoFi...where'd you get the mouse, then? Id like to get a different one...this company wants $25 plus $8(!) shipping for one mouse...might do it, but...

Message 10/10             28-Nov-98  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: Atari 1040 new user needs help

LoFi

Donno where my pal got the mouse from, but he has had the Atari for quite som time...
Maybe you should try using a seriel PC mouse, as I said before. This should work good with driver.

Hmm. As far as I know, Atari uses the same file format as PC. I've tried saving mid files with cakewalk on a PC and reading 'em with Atari cubase. This works fine.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)