aaa is the emu sp 1200 a good choice for dums - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: is the emu sp 1200 a good choice for dums

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             19-Jul-00  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: is the emu sp 1200 a good choice for dums

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

id rather have an emax for the better facilities - same sounds tho emu released the sp12 set for the emax

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             21-Jul-00  @  01:33 PM   -   RE: is the emu sp 1200 a good choice for dums

jaswho1

yes it is....a great machine for drums as it is a sampling drum machine!!!! It really does the job and spark creativity...the price is bit tall for the tech/specs but that's cult stats of the unit...If you've got or can get one cheap do it...I did and love the unit to death... just sit it and program some beats add shit in here and there swap out sounds sample a bass note and fuck wit the tuning!!!!it's really a great unit and it's limmits really get you using it to it's full potential as a sampling drum machine!!!!!!!It a hard sell if you've never used or liked drum machines or consider it a step backwards in your production style I.E. computer stuff...but hey give it a try and you can always sell it cause lord knows people want these machines...trust me they do!!!

______hope tHAT Helps......jAy

Message 3/7             22-Jul-00  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: is the emu sp 1200 a good choice for dums

r-tek

Its worth bearing in mind what k said - the emax is much of the same sans sequencer but with more memory/features etc. But neither can you discount the simplistic beauty of the sampling drummachine - I picked up a studio 440 (oh yes) cheap not so long ago and I was gonna sell it, but I definately aint gonna now, sure my MPC smokes it as far as the sequencer goes, but for that raw hiphop/triphop/house groove they can`t be beat. Your chance of finding an SP cheap are rare tho. Roguemusic were selling an SP12turbo (no 3.5 disk tho with them and only 5 secs sampling with the turbo upgrade) for only 400 bucks not so long ago so the deals are outthere, you just gotta look.

Message 4/7             23-Jul-00  @  06:42 AM   -   RE: is the emu sp 1200 a good choice for dums

k

sure... the sequencers crap... but it's the sound that makes the 60 famous.. and that is the same as the emax, same samples etc. e-mu ported the SP library over to the emu sampler range (well it's all the same, they are just samples emu create in a database and port to whatever instrument.) but you get all the advantages of an emax, longer sample times, extensive synth & keyboard facilities... more available samples and 99 presets for storage of variation kits... loops etc plus the excellent sounds from emax, like it'll do big fat massive filter sweeps like oberheim type sweeps you can add one sample to a key and have it do those sweeps from that sample with it's superb analog filters... sound just perfect inplace of a mix beleive me.. plus the lushest strings & pads

Message 5/7             23-Jul-00  @  07:43 AM   -   RE: is the emu sp 1200 a good choice for dums

r-tek

dude, I`m not disagreeing - I used to have an emax, and it is indeedy a wonderful piece, but sampling drumboxes just have a special quality to them.

Message 6/7             23-Jul-00  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: is the emu sp 1200 a good choice for dums

k

which is what ?.. you mean the fact it is all self-contained./.. sequencer and sounds all in one??

Message 7/7             23-Jul-00  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: is the emu sp 1200 a good choice for dums

r-tek

yup, I`m not saying its worth forking out 1200 sheet for an Sp1200 when you can have an emax for 200, but if you can find one cheap then they`re a lot of fun.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)