aaa sub-basses - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: sub-basses

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             24-Jul-00  @  07:00 AM   -   sub-basses

agonie

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi

i really would like to know how to create subsonic basses. i know about he compression and adsr/filter things. but what the heck means "adding sub" ? how to do this d+b-ish basses, deeper than deep?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             24-Jul-00  @  07:31 AM   -   RE: sub-basses

r-tek

subbs aren`t hard to get - just roll the rez up and the cutoff down and then fiddle with the KB tracking so you can play a riff and then maybe even bring the rez back down a leetle if needs be. The waveforms you use dont matter so much but couple of detuned square waves seems to make a nice meaty lowend.

Message 3/7             24-Jul-00  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: sub-basses

Jasper

if you have a bass that sounds good but needs more sub then just layer the sound with the ressy one mentioned above.

Message 4/7             24-Jul-00  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: sub-basses

k

sqaure and sine waves are best, saws tend to sota crack up, you want something smoother if you think about what the speaker cone is doing in this case, you are resonating the bass cone smoothly hopefully... try sampling some earth hum with a guitar jack shortied out etc etc... that can make a nice bass tone

Message 5/7             25-Jul-00  @  03:51 AM   -   RE: sub-basses

lfo

hey

thanx! oh yeah, i used to tweak the sound with rez/co, i think i should get a better compression effect.
thanks for your suggestions about the waveforms, i will try k's multiple detuned square idea.

i use the roland sp-808's filter. let us talk about some external filters as sherman filterbank, waldorf x-pole and this electrix thing.

i reckon i am gonna buy x-pole, what do YOU think. probably loads of you guys out there use an akai-sampler.

roman

Message 6/7             25-Jul-00  @  05:31 AM   -   RE: sub-basses

r-tek

I`ve got the same filter as the x-pole in my microwave - its a top-draw piece, but really with the x-pole you`ll only be getting lopass whilst with the sherman you`ll get hi, band and notch too. If lopass is all you really want, then its maybe worth thinking about picking up a waldorf pulse plus - it has a superb 4pole lopass filter with an external input socket which you can route any sounds you wish through with full midi control with a crapload of modulation options available. Oh, and you get a monster of a monosynth too - a bit unweildy sometimes, but it sounds large, very large.

Message 7/7             25-Jul-00  @  05:50 AM   -   RE: sub-basses

Jasper

I use a microwave2 and a yamaha a3000.. both got great filters for sub-bass and kicks etc.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)