aaa WHAT ABOUT THE MC 505 GROOVEBOX ???? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: WHAT ABOUT THE MC 505 GROOVEBOX ????

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             09-Apr-98  @  11:43 PM   -   WHAT ABOUT THE MC 505 GROOVEBOX ????

FRANKY

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I WANNA BY AN ROLAND MC 505 GROOVEBOX!!
Did have some guys check it out? whats your opinion?

FRANKY

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             10-Apr-98  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: WHAT ABOUT THE MC 505 GROOVEBOX ????

retro96

MC505;

It smells really bad, that light beam controller stunk up my studio so horribly that I ended up running down the street with my MC 505 wrapped in a garbage bag (as to avoid the smell further), straight to guitar center and threw up all over the front security guard, dropped the MC 505 on the floor.. Everyone there rushed past to leave almost trampling each other over (like in the days of Ozzy Ozborne and Rush and AC DC) Cops came out in riot gear to try to calm the sit, but to no avail, the smell quickly overwhelmed even the Cops.. to this day the San Francisco GC is closed with bio-hazard signs posted, and I am still fumigating my stuff... DON'T buy one, please!

Message 3/4             11-Apr-98  @  12:06 AM   -   RE RETRO (SMELLING 505)

FRANKY

Nice Story!!! Retro96 - But whats your real opinion about the 505 GROOVEBOX ????????????
Is it reaylly soooooo bad ?? I don´t think so!!!

PS (NICE HomePage - Retrolution)

Happy Eastern to all TB 303 Freaks

Ich wünsch euch was !!!

Franky @ Germany

Message 4/4             14-Apr-98  @  12:08 AM   -   RE: WHAT ABOUT THE MC 505 GROOVEBOX ????

retro96

Franky;

Yeah, that was my first attempt at a website (many years ago   ) more of a joke, than anything, but, the MC505 is another groove box (mc303) with more sounds (so what) and a light beam sensor, for (virtual twiddling) BUT, I am one of those analogue purists, in that, you can sample sounds and tweak those FC's w/midi controlers all day, but, you can never duplicate the same (floatiness and unpredictability of say any real analog synth).. I have many a box, Minimoog, EML, UNIVOX, CR78, 909, 606, 101 Voyetra 8, etc.. in my studio, and I must admit, Yes, those MIDI boxes are cheaper, and have MORE for Less, but, when you listen to da real thing in a LIVE performance, (real meaning ANALOG) the FAT everyone is looking for, is MUCH BIGGER and MUCH MORE enjoyable overall.. (sure throw those trim pots on a digital synth and it can sometimes almost get there, but, IMHO not quite)

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)