aaa september 11th - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: september 11th

Viewing all 188 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19

Original Message 1/188             11-Sep-02  @  08:27 PM   -   september 11th

Brett

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

a well done slide show.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/188             11-Sep-02  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Brett

Link?:  No link

working on the link now.

Message 3/188             11-Sep-02  @  08:35 PM     Edit: 11-Sep-02  |  08:46 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Brett

here it is

Message 4/188             11-Sep-02  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

sitar - how ya doin boyo?

from the 411 perspective, people in new york have improved manner.

ya know, i chat on this christian music site.. lots of teens.. i like to abdu.. err.. familiarise myself with their perspective..

it pretty much sapped my will to contribute when i saw one of them posting about how he saw the president and was all like 'gee, he's swell..' then another one goes, 'i saw him too, he's a nice man..'

anyone out/up there can do anythnig to make a difference? please, wipe out all the bad and stupid people now.. xoxos needs you.. now..

Message 5/188             11-Sep-02  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Hank

almost difficult and refreshing to see people of different opinions other then you. it's hard you know it

Message 6/188             11-Sep-02  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

those are opinions i can go without!

Message 7/188             11-Sep-02  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

damn. any specific reason why you felt this was necessary, Brett?

every fecking website I like has someone that feels the need to play the role that the media are FLOGGING TO DEATH quite nicely.

TV is off today.

hey..gb is a nice guy for sure! and he has the vision and clarity to recognize EVIL when he looks in the mirror...I mean...sees it before him

Message 8/188             11-Sep-02  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: september 11th

sitar

Link?:  Link

I'm fine Xoxos thanks. Even though I had a ringside seat so to speak that day, I didn't loose any friends or loved ones. Steve ruined my breakfast that morning. I should've known that was a sign.

My heart goes out to anyone who lost someone that day.

Message 9/188             11-Sep-02  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Brett

me too Sitar..... and being a native of New York, I am a little disappointed by the attitude with which so many of you responed to this and our president. there is a war coming, you should figure out how to deal with it.... with anger and hostility to your own countrymen, by being snide jackasses with nothing but negativity to those trying to solve the problem facing us, or doing what is necassary to keep us strong as a nation. The problem in the middle east has come to us, now we will go to it and try and end it, if not subdue it for as long as posible. I don;t think we will ever be safe from terrorism, but we will never be oblivious to it again. Preemptive measures need to exercised. And tust they will be. Let's see what congress has to say!

Message 10/188             11-Sep-02  @  11:04 PM     Edit: 11-Sep-02  |  11:06 PM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

wow. you really are a fool. I had let it go, but...

he is NOT MY FUCKING PRESIDENT and if you or anyone tries to tell me again that he has my/our best interest in mind I will find myself experiencing an overwhelming desire to punch them in the nose.

what happened a year ago was horrifying but what has happened since was a hundred times worse.

Message 11/188             11-Sep-02  @  11:07 PM   -   Re: september 11th

No Monopoly of Pain

The Middle East has come to us?

This partial chronology of U.S. intervention in the Middle East illustrates the lengths to which the U.S. power structure has gone to gain and maintain U.S. domination of the Middle East--a
region considered key to the U.S.'s standing as an imperialist world power. This is not a complete list of the invasions, bombings, assassinations, coups and other interventions by the U.S.
government, its allies, or its client states, nor does it fully document the U.S.'s economic domination and exploitation of the region's people and resources.

Message 12/188             11-Sep-02  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

hey brett...ever think that the anger, resentment, and "snide" comments come out of a LOVE FOR WHAT THIS COUNTRY IS SUPPOSED TO BE?

think about it for just one second?

your protector is doing his best to remove all freedom...and most of the people like you are going along with it!

Message 13/188             11-Sep-02  @  11:14 PM     Edit: 11-Sep-02  |  11:15 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

Yeah, and Blair is NOT 'my' leader either.. he is just another murderer in a suit...

The choice is always the same, revenge or compassion .. until people on all sides start choosing the latter then this moronic carnage will continue...

Message 14/188             11-Sep-02  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

your blair looks a bit frightening as well.

I cant help but wonder what is with these people and the people who believe in them?!?!?!

Message 15/188             11-Sep-02  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: september 11th

snide jackass

"there is a war coming, you should figure out
how to deal with it." my plan was hole up
somewhere and make some highly polished
turds with some expensive audio equipment.
and you?

Message 16/188             11-Sep-02  @  11:44 PM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

ahahahahahah!!!!!

when you figure out how to polish turds let us know ok?

Message 17/188             11-Sep-02  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: september 11th

bench

so when's the memorial for the innocent people killed in afghanistan? after all, more innocent people have been killed there than were killed in NYC on 9/11.

every death is a tragedy, but judging from mainstream media an american death is 1000 times more tragic than the death of anyone else. and of course this pisses everyone off. and the fact that america is now using 9/11 as a pretext to go arresting, invading, killing anywhere they fu*king please.

america went to the middle east a long time ago, but of course not too many americans know much about it.

i was in NYC in January this year and it broke my heart to see letters written by kids, posted on a memorial in grand central station, asking if anyone had seen their dad. it sounds like there's going to be a lot kids in baghdad soon who'll be asking what happened to their parents.

bush is very, very scary.

Message 18/188             12-Sep-02  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: september 11th

steef

I don't remember sending you any nudie
pictures of me that day sitar?

and influx is right - are you saying Americans
were wrong to oust the British monarchy then?
They were YOUR leaders after all Brett.......

oh, and Tony Blair's a robot. Be afraid.

Message 19/188             12-Sep-02  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

oust who? we did what? when?

Message 20/188             12-Sep-02  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Psylichon

little thing called the Revolutionary War, influx. 'member that? :}

psylichon

Message 21/188             12-Sep-02  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

funny thing about that...a lot of people think that it was all about 'freedom for the people',...but Ive read conflicting accounts that make it out to be little more than another power struggle...with the shift going toward a different wealthy controlling group, but still wealthy and controlling nonetheless

anyway...it really is sad what happened, and it DID happen today, so today is an appropriate day to commemorate

but..that slideshow...it said something about it being done so that we dont forget why we're fighting?

blech!

Message 22/188             12-Sep-02  @  01:13 AM     Edit: 12-Sep-02  |  01:15 AM   -   RE: september 11th

pict

I think many people in Europe are very uncomfortable with all the American shield rattling going on and even though the vast majority of Europeans were horrified by the attacks on the US they do not want another country to be attacked in their name without incontravertible proof of malicious intent.I don't like how the the US government are using the events of last year to justify anything they want and I think it would be rash in the extreme to attack Iraq which is looking ever more inevitable the stink of propaganda is thick on the airwaves.

Message 23/188             12-Sep-02  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: september 11th

formant

you people in britain just dont get it...

if things continue the way they are going you will be a muslim country with no freedom of religion. my friend in leeds tells me now they are turning churches into mosques because no one in britain bothers with church anymore. you can bet the mosques are full tho.

don't say it can't happen because it is happening under your very noses.

there are peaceful ways to convert countries to muslim (out breed the locals) and there are overtly hostile ways to convert countries to muslim.

anyone remember reading the history books? this stuff has all played out before.

i am not talking about crusades or even the reformation.

i am talking about religion joined with government...

if you think that *any* of the muslim nations don't want to put the entire world under their thumb then you are turning a blind eye.

thats the big picture and while it may not affect any one of us this decade it *will* be a defining role in the future of our children and their children.

i may not like the xoxos religion (he has a cult following now btw :-) jk... but i am *very* glad he is allowed to have his religion.

i hope it stays that way forever...

now you guys can rant all about how its the oil etc... but its more about the way of life we have in this country and even the right for people like influx to make political comments like he does and not get thrown into prison.

there are two huge areas of the world that will *flatten* western culture any chance they get.... one is china and the other is the muslim world.

thats a whole lotta people hating not only the US but the EU and all the other free nations of the world.

are we going to war? i dunno. i am powerless to stop it. but at least wait and hear the reasons if we do go to war.

GB means nothing. you people would be doing the same whining crap if gore was in office so stop to consider whats at stake instead of the fact you don't like the guy in office.

jamey

Message 24/188             12-Sep-02  @  03:07 AM   -   RE: september 11th

come selecta

i think most in the us of a don't get it...for reals..

^

Message 25/188             12-Sep-02  @  04:02 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Brett

i actaully think you are out of touch with what the majority of our country is thinking. I travel and talk to people all over. you are not even on the same page man.

Message 26/188             12-Sep-02  @  04:50 AM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

oh fuck it.

Message 27/188             12-Sep-02  @  04:52 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Pongoid

Ok, kiddies, now let's really take a moment to reflect upon last year's events and what has happened since.

How many of ours died?

How many of "theirs" died...whoever "they" might be?

How many of those were "innocent casualties"?

When the hell are people going to get it through their thick fucking PC squeamish little pin-head skulls that soldiers are not the only people to die in war, never have been, and never will be?

How has the media helped put confidence back into the economy?

How has business been since the towers tumbled?

Who HAS done well since then?

Where did the 40 billion dollars without a receipt go?

How is our intelligence community doing?

Did we get the "bad guy" and all his flunkies?

Do you feel any safer?

Is flying a more secure mode of transportation now?

How are other forms of transport doing these days?

Have rail prices dropped?

Are we doing anything to improve transportation, using resources that don't rely so much on Middle Eastern interests?

Are we developing technologies that make us safer or just pry into the general public's private lives?

How has the Music industry been doing?

How are record distributors doing?

How about it for live gigs? More or less than before a year ago?

Where did folks take the wrong turns and the right ones, and how can we either undo, or move on from the damage and get to doing productive things that will improve all our lives and keep events like this from happening in both directions?

Muslims and Chinese want everybody under their thumbs?

Are we (US) a better alternative?

Can we be (all) better?

What would the world be like without our (US) influence or presence?

What are the alternatives?

These I think are topics for reflection on this day. I hope that they help to inspire you to make our world better. Peace all, everywhere.

Ape

Message 28/188             12-Sep-02  @  08:52 AM   -   RE: september 11th

banned wagon

Lest we forget

"and being a native of New York, I am a little disappointed by the attitude with which so many of you responed to this and our president. there is a war coming, you should figure out how to deal with it.... with anger and hostility to your own countrymen, by being snide jackasses with nothing but negativity to those trying to solve the problem facing us, or doing what is necassary to keep us strong as a nation. The problem in the middle east has come to us, now we will go to it and try and end it, if not subdue it for as long as posible. I don;t think we will ever be safe from terrorism, but we will never be oblivious to it again. Preemptive measures need to exercised. And tust they will be. Let's see what congress has to say!"

Message 29/188             12-Sep-02  @  08:53 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

'if things continue the way they are going you will be a muslim country'

mmmmm, yes of course we are... what can we possibly do to prevent that.. they are trying to outbreed us and will eventually convert all the christians.. what to do eh?

I know!

1) Remove their right to religious freedom

2) Invade them and impose our political system.

After all, we dont want to live in a world where people aren't allowed freedom of religion and the right to be determine their own future... excellent plan!

Message 30/188             12-Sep-02  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: september 11th

bastiaan

People are talking about the war on Iraq. Why? How is getting rid of Saddam going to prevent the next terrorist attack on the US? How is 'subdueing' the middle-east going to prevent the next terrorist attack on the US? Wasn't it these kind of selfish actions that spawned the hatred in the M.E. for the US and Europe in the first place? When people talk about Saddam for example, do they even realize that a LARGE part of that country isn't even a muslim? (Tariq Aziz is a christian, just like many of those upstanding folks in the US)

Yes, we should get rid of Saddam. But what's afer that? If *we* are not prepered to share the power, the wealth of the earth and the air we breathe with the people in the M.E. the only other option is extermination. Total extermination. And remember that neither side will go 'down' without dragging a substantial part of the other down with them.

Message 31/188             12-Sep-02  @  10:05 AM   -   RE: september 11th

cheddar

Zazza, "just another murderer in a suit..." - 30g fine finish bitchin

Bench, "an american death is 1000 times more tragic than the death of anyone else.". I dont think we can really nail down the exchange rate here. IF we had some numbers from a gloriously non US celebrated non US tragedy then we could have oranges and oranges but I don't know of any (benefit of public - 'the lightbulb has to want to change') Anyway realty - if it is just a numbers game (I suppose back to the excuses and diversion model)

Formant "there are peaceful ways to convert countries to muslim (out breed the locals) " - So froging what. Are you a dynasty to protect the future for some line or 'us' even. As far as religeon goes what is capitalism to the rich? sustainability anyone?

USMC - the machine just sits there. Its value (outside of cold war brinkmanship) is questionable without a war (except for flexing egos and opponents opinion). This and out of date munitions suggest that accountants could justify it - in which case (as pongoid mentions) what (and who's) is the benefit.

Leaders speak to leaders - do they listen..?

What to do. Buy 'eastern' products (till they are bought over;)

Message 32/188             12-Sep-02  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Jock

September 11th marks the 29th anniversary of the date that President Salvador Allende of Chile was murdered in a coup sponsored by the government of the United States of America.

Allende was the leader of a reformist government that opposed US intervention and activly attempted to forge an independent nation. This contradicted with US "interests" in the region. So they got rid of him.

...and they wonder why they have enemies?

Message 33/188             12-Sep-02  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

did that really happen on the 11th?!?!?!?

damn. I rememeber hearing about that shit somewhere

FUCK THE US GOVERNMENT

there. I said it. Cant wait til the assholes in suits come to my door.

god damn power monger humanity hating JOCKS

Message 34/188             12-Sep-02  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

tsk, tsk, where's your sense of national pride, influx?

*war, war, war*

come and get your customised war! our highly skilled technicians are prepared to give you the war you want, at competitive rates!

aah, why bother. ya don't fucking have a clue, do you.

Message 35/188             12-Sep-02  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: september 11th

cheddar

levers
takers?

Message 36/188             12-Sep-02  @  12:33 PM   -   RE: september 11th

sitar

Please! No nudie pictures Steve!

Message 37/188             12-Sep-02  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: september 11th

bedwyr

wasn't it cheezy wotsits?

Message 38/188             12-Sep-02  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: september 11th

formant

"i actaully think you are out of touch with what the majority of our country is thinking."

yah i know that is definately the case.

religion bonded to nations/states is a really bad thing. it exists in china (communism is a religion) and it exists everywhere there are fundementalist islamic states.

its just as arrogant to think that the status quo will remain as it is to be an american.

jamey

Message 39/188             12-Sep-02  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: september 11th

BeeJayTee

I think some of you misunderstand muslims somewhat.

Message 40/188             12-Sep-02  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: september 11th

milan

religion bonded to nations/states is a really bad thing, like in usa for example?

Message 41/188             12-Sep-02  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: september 11th

bedwyr

well it's not like the uk, where Liz is head of state and head of the church of england too.

Message 42/188             12-Sep-02  @  02:14 PM   -   RE: september 11th

kcup

"there are two huge areas of the world that will *flatten* western culture any chance they get.... one is china and the other is the muslim world."

Well why don't you invade China? Because they'd ing wipe you out overnight, that's why! Why don't they invade you if they want to take over the world? Simple answer : they don't want to because they're not paranoid about what you're thinking of doing to them. Don't wind each other up with foreign policy and you can peacefully co-exist for ever no matter how divergent your world views or large your weapons of mass destruction.

America are wrong diddly wrong wrong in the Middle East but they can't really pull out now after all they've done and said.

Message 43/188             12-Sep-02  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: september 11th

moonunit

"Hundreds lined the dock as HMCS Montreal, a frigate with a crew of 261, sailed out of port for what is expected to be a six-month deployment with Operation Apollo"

It's getting weirder. i think the oil interests are way too big for it to ever change. Unless people give up petrol guzzling monsters.
What ever happened to Kamen's Segway?

Message 44/188             12-Sep-02  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Jock

I've seen a video of an american pulling out of a muslim.

Do I win £5 ?

Message 45/188             12-Sep-02  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Velco

Maybe sadam will mustard gas arizona and california - hehe - petty ers they are, they prolly won't even respond.

Message 46/188             12-Sep-02  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

The point is that Sadaam can't mustard gas or nuke anyone in the US or the UK because his country doesn't have the capability...

Sadaam had nothing to do with 9/11 anyway.. what's the connection?

Why don't the UK and the US just come right out and say 'we want control of the oil' and we are prepared to kill to get it, instead of all this bullshit 'Iraq doesnt do what the UN tells it to'.. well, neither does Israel or any other number of countries!

Yes, Sadaam is an evil dictator who represses his own people... but he sure ain't the only one.. and there are a lot of those very dictators that the US supports with money and weapons etc. Want a list?

Message 47/188             12-Sep-02  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: september 11th

k

"we are a garage band... we come from garage land".... la la la la ..

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 48/188             12-Sep-02  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Psylichon

lol, jock

I've seen that one, too

psylichon

Message 49/188             12-Sep-02  @  09:58 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

why involve muslims? globe, arizona. farmers use surplus agent orange as insecticide. wind carries agent orange over to developed area, everyone's popping out third eyes and shit.

Message 50/188             12-Sep-02  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: september 11th

espoo2

Well, yes, Iraq helped fund Al Qaida, or at least thats what we've been told...

Now as far as us needing to go with Iraq... That's ridiculous. Once we do that, it makes US the rogue nation, because everyone else in the world is opposed to it and they KNOW we have ulterior motives... (ie, oil, revenge for daddy, etc). Furthermore, there is NO PROOF that Iraq has any kind of WMD.

NO PROOF.
NO PROOF. Understand? So we are going to go to war for something that the entire world is opposed to, backed up on Bush and Cheney's "hunch".

It's absolutely revolting. Let's go kill a bunch brownie's who hate our dad! Woohoo!

Brett: Get a clue. The cable news channel is not your friend. Read a book. Think for yourself. Lot's of the country is actually trying this new thing, this "thinking for yourself" thing. That's why the polls are pretty much split down the middle as far as "lets kill some brownies" v. "what a stupid president we have". The rest of the world, who aren't quite as dependant on television as we are, are trying it as well.

Want some more opposition? What about the lead arms inspector during the inspections? He is completely against war. He says that there is no way that Iraq is any way capable of having WMD or nukes. Go to www.msnbc.com for the video.

Jesus Christ. Allah. Buddha. Flying Invisible Elves. Whatever.

I wish people would get off these ridiculous religious crutches and think rationally for once. Then we wouldn't have morons flying planes into buildings for THEIR little invisible flying elves in the sky, and we wouldn't have Bush and his cronies sending missles at other people for an excuse to get more oil, look tough, avenge daddy, and defend HIS little green elves in the sky.

Message 51/188             12-Sep-02  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

I thought we were defending freedom against evil?

Message 52/188             13-Sep-02  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Psylichon

I pity the man that attempts to define "evil" and then use that definition as justification for killing. I mean, what the hell?

psylichon

Message 53/188             13-Sep-02  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: september 11th

pict

Are you a clash fan K?

Message 54/188             13-Sep-02  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: september 11th

steef

you make it sound as if the prospect of seeing
me naked is repulsive sitar.

*sulks*

Message 55/188             13-Sep-02  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: september 11th

JAWA

Formant. What's wrong with being a Muslim?

What's wrong with China and communism? Okay well communism has some problems in practise, but it's not a totally bad idea.... Everybody equal and all that. But China's a great place, of awesome beauty. Have you ever been there? Didn't think so.

I think your friend in Leeds is a twat. hahahaha Muslims are taking over the country oh dear. I'll tell you why nobody over here goes to church, no-one goes to church because it cold and boring. If church was fun then people would go, it's not about God it's about the community feeling and having a laugh, people like to feel part of something. And english churches are crappy, run down and cold.

The thing that narrow minded idiots all seem to do when they talk about Islamic religion is they have no idea what it's about. You cannot categorise Muslims with fundamentalists. They are a small group of nutters who take it all too literally, and give everybody else a bad name.

Just like you cannot compare football fans to football hooligans, a small group of nutters who ruin it all for the rest of us.

Or let's look at dance music as an example, you hate generic labels as much as the rest of us, how would you like to be labeled in the same category with Country music? You'd hate it. Again a small bunch of nutter ruining it for the rest of us :-)

But it's all music man, it's all the same stuff? isn't it? ring any bells? it's all Islam, it's all communism......

And it isn't as if Christianity hasn't had these problems with nutters too you know, and oh guess what? it still has.

Religions are actually all on about the same things. Live and let live, treat other people how you want to be treated and don't be a c**t.

JAWA

Message 56/188             13-Sep-02  @  12:04 PM   -   RE: september 11th

BeelaalaaJT

I reckon threads like this makes for a good headcount.

Message 57/188             13-Sep-02  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Pongoid

Not that I particularly like the idea of tangling with Saddam over selfish interests, but to put at least something in perspective, I'll bet anyone here, a dollar to your dime, (that's ten to one odds) that Saddam does in fact have at least one small cargo van with a virus amplifier and HEPA air system in it, driving around, and looking completely innocuous, if not a tractor trailer or bus, or something that looks like a communications truck. DO NOT underestimate the ingenuity of folks in the Middle East. I don't know that it's reason to send a full scale invasion, but certainly a few small covert ops are in order, if only to track these devices down. One thing to keep in mind, you can fit virus amplifier in a box the size of a twelve space rack case. If you already have bought the organisms/bio weapons samples or developed them, all you need is a vial the size of a perfume tester, and the amplifier will do the rest to make as much as you need, as long as you keep it under a tightly controlled environment, which is pretty easy with some plastic/Tyvek sheeting, hermetic sealer, HEPA air filtration system, and an AC/heater/dehumidifier unit. Most of these are not difficult items to come by, except the organisms and I'm sure even those can be had for a price.

So is this scary possibility reason enough for the annihilation of possibly tens of thousands, if not more? Do you kick the dog on the end of the block, just because he was woofing late at night, nipped you once while you were kicking him for barking before, and you THINK he might have bigger teeth in his mouth now?

Again, the big question comes to mind...Who profits through these actions?

Ape

Message 58/188             13-Sep-02  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: september 11th

cheddar

not that it is anything to do with it - cos it's just an excuse to go in but...

If we are talking delivery systems then I think that they have already done the job - Kebab shops guys, those little shops springing up everywhere. Stuck away in the back corner behind the packs of poly bags is a special section of the wall, which, if you press the right way opens a panel where "THE DEVICE" sits. In the larger places the wall opens to a walk in room for training, subversion, chatting etc, and is linked by subterranean passages to strategically important places such as govermental office, key ministerial misteresses bedrooms the lamb butchers - I am sure you get the point.

Its OK though cos in every McDonalds is...

Message 59/188             13-Sep-02  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: september 11th

just asking

Pongoid, any ideas about how to replace the seals on a MkII Talbot Avenger slave cylinder

Message 60/188             13-Sep-02  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

Who profits?

1944: U.S. State Department memo refers to Middle Eastern oil as "a stupendous source of strategic power, and one of the greatest material prizes in world history." During U.S.-British negotiations over the control of Middle Eastern oil, President Roosevelt sketches out a map of the Middle East and tells the British Ambassador, "Persian oil is yours. We share the oil of Iraq and Kuwait. As for Saudi Arabian oil, it's ours." On August 8, 1944, the Anglo-American Petroleum Agreement is signed, splitting Middle Eastern oil between the U.S. and Britain.

Message 61/188             13-Sep-02  @  02:28 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

"If church was fun then people would go"

if church wasn't stupid maybe people would go.

(sorry f)

Message 62/188             13-Sep-02  @  02:29 PM   -   RE: september 11th

JAWA

"kebab shop guys"

I'm not sure if Turkey would be too happy about being asociated with international terrorism  

Message 63/188             13-Sep-02  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: september 11th

cheddar

if people didn't need crutches the church would exist

Message 64/188             13-Sep-02  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: september 11th

cheddar

OOPS

If the people didn't need crutches the church wouldn't exist

PS - Economisting Zazza?

Message 65/188             13-Sep-02  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: september 11th

formant

ok so which islamic nations that now exist are not going to want to spread their religion by violence?

turkey is about the only one i can think of...

its not because islam is bad blah blah whatever its because the fundementalists of islam end up controlling popular thought and regiems of government.

let me ask a very simple question.

once the population of britain reaches 50% muslim (1 decade, 2? who knows) what mechanisms are in place to keep the government intact?

the same goes for any country that allows 'religious freedom'... what is keeping religous freedom laws intact? its the will of the people in those countries.

china has NO religous freedom. people are killed there every single day of the year for having a belief system outside what the communist party allows.

sudan, malaysia, etc same story. people who choose not to follow islam are killed.

once your population hits 50% (or whatever is needed for legislative change in your particular country) you will see a change happen.

we aren't that far removed from all this stuff.

people didn't have freedom of religion in the 1500s... you were whatever religion your country said you were or you were KILLED....

the muslim world has world conquest in mind (peacefully for some, violently for others) but you can be sure they will not tolerate religious freedom in any place where they can oust it.

i am not worried about the 'peaceful' muslims that cnn interviews. i work with them and know they are not out to get me. we have good conversations about religion and such. they obviously are not fundmentalists. but how far away is any religious person from becoming fundementalist when the right situation presents itself??????

i am worried more about the fastest growing religion in the world and how in nearly every single instance that a country becomes muslim, all other religious freedoms are banished.

jamey

Message 66/188             13-Sep-02  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: september 11th

JAWA

None of the Islamic nations want to you fool!!

Jamey, i do not know you personally but you are sounding like an idiot, look at what you have just written.

You are taking a narrow minded view point that just because a country is run by a small bunch of nutters, the whole country is like that.

That would be like me saying just because Bush is in power in america (is he really though??) then every American is an oil loving tosser who thinks that the health of the environment is everybody elses problem. Exactly, it's a narrow minded view.

Jamey do you know how many people there are in China? Do you honestly think they are all Western hating communists?

The truth is your average person does not give a s**t. That is why these losers get voted in and try and take over the world. That explains Bush's election as much as anybody elses.

China is a beautiful place full of beautiful people, you've never been there and you're calling them all repressing communists I LOVE IT hahaha.

JAWA

Message 67/188             13-Sep-02  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: september 11th

k

agreed... all you're doing jamey is like the same thing racists do, they stereotype a group of people as 'all the same' which is ludicrous.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 68/188             13-Sep-02  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: september 11th

JAWA

In the case of england and it being 50% muslim. So what?!

You reckon they're all gonna want to repress us?

Christ's sake!!! Muslims are good people on the whole, just like you and me, you get good people and bad people everywhere. That's life, deal with it.

Truth is the baddies don't always go around stroking a white cat and "evil music" showing they are bad guys.

The bad guys here are on all sides, where none want to understand the other.

America is f**ked, their economy is shot, they are suppossed to be the ritchest nation yet they have a national debt that is going up 1.1 million dollars a second. The only sure fire way to help this is to go to war and have oh look lots of arms sales. Same in the UK too.

JAWA

Message 69/188             13-Sep-02  @  04:27 PM     Edit: 13-Sep-02  |  04:28 PM   -   RE: september 11th

bedwyr

some of my best friends are *insert racial/religious/national/lifestyle group you're trying to generalize about but still seem vaguely compassionate towards on an individual level here*

Message 70/188             13-Sep-02  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Deano

. but how far away is any religious person from becoming fundementalist when the right situation presents itself??????

I think maybe you should ask yourself this question, Jamey

Message 71/188             13-Sep-02  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: september 11th

GT

k, NO he is not saying that. not ALL are the same of course, but the MAJORITY, yeah. haha, there is that poor, old tired word of abuse, "racist". kinda seem to appear when no one else can invalidate another person's opinion innit?

typical DT one-way looking glass "hey, i tow the popular line" way to thinking

some of you are sooo foolish to think that a muslim run government is going to be smooth as a baby's ass - taahhaaa - afghanistan bring ANYTHING to mind?? okay, how about SUDAN??? the list goes on and on -all over the world.

if you listen to the muslims on video tape, they say they want a muslim run world - THEIR words - "...and we want to take over the world" - THAT is from some fat assed, intolerant recruiting these crack pots from london! oh well, england will always be mastered by someone other then her own  

from what i've seen in the media news, muslims are intolerant to the nth-degree, especially to God's people of Israel. many muslims find it easy to hate, full stop.

"live in denial, become captive"

Message 72/188             13-Sep-02  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: september 11th

JAWA

"from what i've seen in the media news, muslims are intolerant to the nth-degree"

Exactly, the media, what you have seen in the media. What about for your own eyes? Or is it too much like hard work actually getting to know people from other areas of the world?

Message 73/188             13-Sep-02  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: september 11th

bedwyr

what a bunch of wankers. fuck 'em.

"if you listen to the muslims on video tape, they say they want a muslim run world"

gt, you sound like a twat. which muslims, what tape? for fucks sake listen to yourselves.

"some of my best friends are twats." .. ummm, maybe not.

Message 74/188             13-Sep-02  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: september 11th

formant

"I think maybe you should ask yourself this question, Jamey "

i do ask myself that question, often...

i don't view the populations of china and sudan etc as bad or evil people.

i view the people in power as that way. you can't generalize about mass population but you can look at the actions of governments and dictators and see the fruit of thier views.

its obvious that no one here sees religious freedom (even the freedom not to have a religion) as something that is in jeoprody when over half the worlds population does not enjoy the basic right to practice the religion of thier choice.

i think that history has born out that religious freedom is a fleeting thing.

under the romans, if you didn't follow thier religion you were thrown to the lions

under the middle ages (whether christian or muslim) you were unable to choose your religion.

even in the 1500s your religion was whatever the state told you.

one of the things that makes america a great place to live is that it was founded on the idea of religious freedom. anyone in this country can practice the religion they choose or none at all.

that is one value that i *do not* see islamic and communist states upholding.

jamey

Message 75/188             13-Sep-02  @  05:38 PM     Edit: 13-Sep-02  |  05:39 PM   -   RE: september 11th

bedwyr

i think we need to put the "fun" back into "fundamentalist".

anyone for a quick war? winner takes oil.

Message 76/188             13-Sep-02  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: september 11th

GT

yeah beds (and others), enjoy that freedom the internet gives you, free of name-calling accountability which otherwise would by duly served.

Message 77/188             13-Sep-02  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Mindspawn

"one of the things that makes america a great place to live is that it was founded on the idea of religious freedom."

That's why all the currency says "in God we trust"

Message 78/188             13-Sep-02  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: september 11th

errata

"but how far away is any religious person from becoming fundementalist when the right situation presents itself??????"

look in the mirror Jamey, you are clearly a religious person and the right situation appears to be presenting itself!

The saber rattling of GT, Formant and Brett stinks to me... fine upstanding community of protestant christians with well manicured lawns and young jock kids. Then a latino family moves in. They're catholic, due to their very close sense of family their children are more open... less controlled! They enjoy having family members over, and often leave windows and doors open! This frightens the locals... "There goes the neighborhood! They're going to end our comfortable way of life with their different WAYS!" RACISM!!! Just because it's a tired word doesn't mean it's invalid!

When the Irish catholics began populating America in the early part of this century Americans thought they would ruin the American way of life. "Soon we'll all be catholic, cabbage eaters.." and what-not. "They'll out breed us"... (I'll bet one of the 3 of you has Irish blood!)...

Your reasoning and logic is steeped in a fear designed by those you call your leaders. Terrorism works as a form of population control. A democraticaly elected government with an agenda other than that of it's people must manufacture fear and derision to achieve it's ends... The Nazi party was democraticaly elected and found a scapegoat in the Jew for it's embarrasingly bad behaviour! (Oh, there he goes with the Nazi's again!)

I'll say it: If our government wasn't complicit in the WTC attack it WAS tolerant! If you put it past these self serving, f*ckheads you're blind!!! "America's gone to hell in a handbasket... legal abortion, welfare, an administration ELECTED on the notion of socialized medicine (big Clinton platform in 92)... We've got to take drastic measures to bring this country back to the values we HOLD DEAR!... steal an election (Dare 'em to stop us!) Orchestrate a major attack on US soil... ratchet up law enforcement and the military, steal back our oil interests and reset this country on the course we held through the 40's 50's 60's... boom times for america!"

Tony Blair is a pod person! The real Tony Blair has been closeted and silenced... SAD!

If you're afraid of your freedoms being taken away by Muslims, then I suggest you keep a KEEN eye on the wrinkly old white Mother F+ckers in positions of power in the US... they're stealing more and more every day!

e

Message 79/188             13-Sep-02  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

formant: 'you can look at the actions of governments and dictators and see the fruit of thier views. '

I suggest you take a look at the actions of the UK and the US and their creation, support, funding and arming of dictators in that area and apply that logic. Then you might understand why the middle east is in such a mess.

Lets just be upfront about this, it is NOT about democracy or human rights, it is about oil and power, always has been, always will be.

The reason the US and the UK always stand together is simple.. its anglo solidarity, the same reason that the UK, Canada, Australia always share intelligence. It's just the white folks making sure they stay rich.. and the rest of the world can go f**k themelves unless they get in their way, in which case they'll get help f**king themelves.

If you don't believe me then please go search the internet for histories of US and UK involvement in the world since the 2nd world war.

Personally I am totally pissed off with my tax money being spent murdering, destablising, asassinating, arming and generally f**king people over.

If you are stupid enough to believe that the current policies being put forward by the UK/US are designed to protect freedom and democracy then you need your head examined... DONT'T believe these liars..

Just do a tiny amount of research...

Remeber when a little kuwaiti girl was paraded in front of the media claiming that she had witnessed iraqis removing babies rom incubators and leaving them to die on the cold hospital floor? Turns out she was the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador and had never been anywhere near Kuwait hospital! She had been coached and rehearsed by Hill & Knowlton (PR Agency) for her appearance before the Congressional Committee. This was run all over TV in the west and quoted by Bush senior many times as an example of why Sadaam was like 'Hitler'. Shame it was a complete lie eh?

Get real, these guys will tell you that the Iraqis are killing their own children by not spending money to feed them to justify the infant death rate of 6000 a month. The same way the japanese told their people that americans ate babies.. it is ALL LIES!

They will tell you anything they think will whip you up into a state where you will glady sacrifice your sons and daughters for their ends.

If you fall for this bullshit, more fool you.

Read your history!

If you want to read about the Kuwaiti baby lie and many others check these links:

Christian Science Monitor

Wake up people, they are playing you like a violin.

Message 80/188             13-Sep-02  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

look, i'd like to go back to this 'america is a great place to live' thing..

Message 81/188             13-Sep-02  @  08:06 PM   -   RE: september 11th

GT

MUSIC TECH even

Message 82/188             13-Sep-02  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: september 11th

milan

i´m having none of this. i´ll be over there ->

Message 83/188             13-Sep-02  @  08:25 PM   -   RE: september 11th

GT

zazza - "anglo solidarity" *chuckle* mmmkay

Message 84/188             13-Sep-02  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

GT. If you want to know who is on whose side just see who shares intelligence with who and who spies on who.

Message 85/188             13-Sep-02  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: september 11th

formant

errata kindly remove the plank when you stereotype like that...

so you have discerned my skin color (white?) and religous preference (protestant?) and the fact that i am racist (no likey hispanics) simply from my postings here. you do the same thing you accuse me of...

its obvious from this thread that religious freedom means nothing to most of the people here.

the part of the western world that has religous freedom now has only had it for 300 years or so.... do you really think that it cannot be taken away? since recorded civilization began state has been married to religion, we actually manage to get rid of that for a few mere centuries and now it can never go back to the way it was.

right.

jamey

Message 86/188             13-Sep-02  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

yes, lets encourage religious freedom by demonising islam

hmm?

Message 87/188             13-Sep-02  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Bastiaan

Jamey, Tariq Aziz is a Christian, Arafat's vice pres. is a christian. Turkey is one of the most secular states I know, they will not try to conquer the world in the name of Islam: THEY ARE NATO ALLIES YOU DIMWIT. The largest muslim nation of the world is Indonesia...it is a democracy (of sorts) and it has religious violence but it's 5 religions: islam, hinduism, budhism, catholicism and protestantism are ALL protecten by law. Moslims are not taking over the world and they never will, they just don't have the power yet. The states will remain a superpower for the coming few decades, but I will loose it's no.1. postion on the list of dominating regimes, eventually. Apart from it's colour and it's officiol doctrine China is rapidly growing to become a economic powerhouse, it's run in the exact fashion that the States prefer their south american vasal states to be run. It's just a bit bigger, so don't worry.

Message 88/188             13-Sep-02  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: september 11th

errata

jamey, I never said you were any of those things... It was a metaphor!!! an analogue... you know, like this story, are your comments!

The willful demonizing of an entire people is racist! "They're sending all of "them" here to take over our country"... listen to yourself!!!

e

Message 89/188             13-Sep-02  @  10:25 PM   -   RE: september 11th

bedwyr

gt - view user - send a message to this user or whatever. wanna know who i am? www.miwsig.com - miwsig@hotmail.com - there's no secrecy here.

some of my best friends are *biggots*.

Message 90/188             13-Sep-02  @  10:27 PM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

"china has NO religous freedom. people are killed there every single day of the year for having a belief system outside what the communist party allows."

and people are killed EVERY FUCKING OTHER PLACE IN THE WORLD for not complying with american whim.

dunno..Jamey and GT...Im sorry you guys but you are about as right wing as it gets...and the funny thing is...youre CHRISTIANS and the fundamental belief that you hold (and DONT try to tell me this isnt true) is that YOUR beliefs are the only acceptable ones

if it came down to it, folks...you and yours are the ones who would desire absolute compliance...and if it came down to war? yes...you would fight and kill non christians simply for being non christian

the atrocities perpetrated by christians far outweigh the combined efforts of all other radicals..no?

man it gets me riled up to see the level of ignorance you guys display, all the while calling everyone else fools and morons.

Message 91/188             13-Sep-02  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

"The willful demonizing of an entire people is racist! "They're sending all of "them" here to take over our country"... listen to yourself!!! "

errata...no, its not. Im sorry but Im getting tired of the way the concept of racism gets thrown around so lightly.

If I say I dont like the mexis that moved into the neighborhood because they leave burned out cars on their lawn, trash strewn about, etc...its NOT because theyre mexi and its NOT because I think Im better than them based on race.

it might be classist..and honestly I dont see anything wrong with expecting a certain level of decorum and (in this example) maintenance.

I and many others would feel the same way were the mexis 'white trash', black, yellow, purple, etc...

I see what youre saying...sweeping generalizations no bueno...and both GT and Formant are so clearly off the mark sometimes (Ive read bits of wisdom from both, though) and this time...but it's not racist!

Message 92/188             13-Sep-02  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: september 11th

errata

then what is racist?

in your example Influx I'm hearing that the frustration is with their actions... (burned out cars, etc...) and not that their mexican. Which is valid, but you could have used the same analogy with out ever saying "mexi's" and it would have held up. That's why I would agree that your analogy isn't racist.

The point these guys (and the guy in particular that I responded to) are trying to make, is racist in my view. I hear their point as: "they" are sending "them" here to change "us"... It's not the actions though. It's the PEOPLE... because I seriously doubt if AS A PEOPLE any islamic group in Jameys community is bent on doing the things he's accusing them of. He's generalizing an ENTIRE race based on his ignorant perception of it's people, that's not classism, not cultureism, it's raceism when "they" are islamic arabs! I don't see where this ISN"T racist!

sorry

e

Message 93/188             13-Sep-02  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: september 11th

damballah

File?:  [image]

[image file]

src="http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pict
ures/attack.jpg">

Message 94/188             13-Sep-02  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

sorry bro but ISLAM isnt a RACE. its a religion. there are many different cultures and 'races' that follow the islamic faith

J and GT...might be racist (the pure definition of racism is a belief that YOURS is superior to others based simply on 'race' (which I really dont believe in anyway...)

and..the 'mexis' thing...NOT a derogatory intent..not at ALL.

Message 95/188             13-Sep-02  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

d..that pic aint showin. what was it?

Message 96/188             13-Sep-02  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: september 11th

bedwyr

yeah, c'mon d, you're slacking on the picture posting front recently   must be a mac thing ...

Message 97/188             13-Sep-02  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: september 11th

damballah

[image file]

aaaaaaawwwwwwww, fergit it.

Message 98/188             13-Sep-02  @  11:08 PM   -   RE: september 11th

damballah

[image file]

yeah, they made us take netscape off all the
macs at work and IE's flaky logged in, and you
gotta log in to use html and post pix, etc.

anyway, this guy at this link has taken a bunch
of WWII propaganda posters and "updated"
them.

Message 99/188             13-Sep-02  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

how frighteningly precise

argh. it really is time for revolution

Message 100/188             13-Sep-02  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: september 11th

errata

Ok influx, I can dig it. You're right... where racism is the belief that one's race is superior to another...

That's why I quantified with Islamic Arab... but you're right there as well. I'm sure christian Arabs do not frighten this bunch, so I stand corrected.

I should have stuck with Bigot... but it's so TIRED!!!

hehehe

e

Message 101/188             13-Sep-02  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

heh. I guess bigot is a more generalized term.

I think of archie bunker...

dunno..the bottom line is...the system that is in power to protect and provide has lost sight of its initial purpose and is overstepping its bounds into realms that ought to be left untouched by government.

"I love my country but I fear my government"

Message 102/188             13-Sep-02  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

perhaps the "us"/"them" thing is because these guys have a clearly defined "us.."

Message 103/188             14-Sep-02  @  12:14 AM     Edit: 14-Sep-02  |  12:15 AM   -   RE: september 11th

milan

actually, i´ll be all the way over ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> here.

Message 104/188             14-Sep-02  @  12:38 AM     Edit: 14-Sep-02  |  12:41 AM   -   RE: september 11th

bedwyr

ahh, x  

nail/head thing

Message 105/188             14-Sep-02  @  01:07 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Pongoid

ok, kids, some fucked up things have been said here, and that's ok. I think you're missing the point here.

I hear a lot of bitching on all sides, and not a lot of thought put into viable alternatives. I mean really viable. People talk of things like revolution, and getting people out of office one way or another, and even replacing or massively modifying the infrastructural systems of politics, philosophy/consciousness and even ecology that we have...but then what? What's actually going to work here? Just keeping the same system in place with new faces in it, and trying to unfuck the pregnant-with-planethopper beast that humanity has become with new legislation and PR?? Planetwide neo-tribalism in a post-catastrophic landscape, trying to sort of start over with less people and a better developed sense of mass-mind, less ecological impact, with more focus on responsibilities and consequences for each action, personal and mass? Maybe. Maybe we're talking about trying to repopulate a cinder, from moonstock.

Folks on this planet better get it figured out pretty quick that we've gotta start worrying about bigger problems than what each of us calls the almighty, or it won't matter a bit. The day is coming closer.

No ideas on the Talbot. *shrugs*

Ape

Message 106/188             14-Sep-02  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is
indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind.... And when the drums of war
have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing
the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded with patriotism, will offer up all of their
rights unto the leader, and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar."

William Shakespeare

Message 107/188             14-Sep-02  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: september 11th

sitar

Thanks heaven for Shakespeare. Shakespeare and Pongoid back to back. Kewl.

Message 108/188             14-Sep-02  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

viable solutions? wo-hoa, i'm afraid they're a long way off.

nowadays, if you want a drive somewhere, you want a truck. this means that you are willing to compromise the well being of animals and insects that encounter your windshield/tires/bumper for your own interests.

this alone will guarantee that you are not capable of harmonious peace, since it is thus natural for you to consider others interests as discardable if-needs-must. the very concept of vehicular travel equates to brutality. and as it has been said, 'cause kills at will.' remove the cause, you remove the kill. but.. you're all so easily spurred into ambition..

unfortunately, short of a global/cultural disaster, the only way forward is going to be through the distribution of fantastic nondestructive energy sources, since most people want what exists. i'm sorry, but that's the way it is.

the most secure route to making this planet any sort of decent place to live is through increased realisation, and the way humans are wiring each other down to make them realise intersupport systems (ie. to realise what a non-self perspective wishes them to realise) it's not going to happen. there will be no realisation while commercial interests in media endure.

for those who read my page on confluence on the old azstarnet site (not there anymore) this is the foundation.. without foundation of experiential realisation, there can be no theorem for enactment of considerate being. no con-science.

if everyone would just take lsd for a year! just one year!!  

Message 109/188             14-Sep-02  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: september 11th

steef

no need for lsd, it's mushie season  

Message 110/188             14-Sep-02  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: september 11th

k

mush mush!!...

Message 111/188             14-Sep-02  @  08:26 PM     Edit: 14-Sep-02  |  08:27 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

xoxos: Hmmm.. what about our immune system then, that's constantly killing little virii and bacteria...

Seems the natural world operates on a 'needs must' basis...

Of course we could kill ourselves but then that would kill all our parasites too..

Sounds like you are on a buddhist vibe there xoxos...

Have we declared war on buddhists yet?

Message 112/188             14-Sep-02  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

exactly why i live in an unnatural world, zazza. they're my fictions, and i'm keeping them.

not religious, but if you're kinky, i my experience lends credence to a beforelife.. the after.. i sincerely doubt most people are capable of surviving life.. they can't make those transitions.. "british we are, british we stay.." et c.

Message 113/188             15-Sep-02  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Breakerbox

its like a jackass convetion here. I am staying away from this thread... not worth anyones time, none of you are going to change others view.

Message 114/188             15-Sep-02  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

I for one welcome our new insect overlords...

Message 115/188             15-Sep-02  @  01:07 AM     Edit: 15-Sep-02  |  01:14 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

xoxos: roger..

Message 116/188             15-Sep-02  @  01:13 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

Breakerbox: Don't be so defeatist, even Jesus had his critics..

'Bad gig man?'

'Yeah man, they crucified me, Im going back to carpentry...'

Hey, did u know that the reason the romans fed the christians to the lions was that they were conscientious objector and refused to join the army?

Ah, the good old days... when men were men and commandments were commandments

Message 117/188             15-Sep-02  @  04:27 AM   -   RE: september 11th

dissonance

[image file]

Message 118/188             15-Sep-02  @  04:28 AM   -   RE: september 11th

dissonance

[image file]

Message 119/188             15-Sep-02  @  04:28 AM   -   RE: september 11th

dissonance

[image file]

Message 120/188             15-Sep-02  @  04:28 AM   -   RE: september 11th

dissonance

[image file]

Message 121/188             15-Sep-02  @  04:29 AM   -   RE: september 11th

dissonance

[image file]

Message 122/188             15-Sep-02  @  04:29 AM   -   RE: september 11th

dissonance

[image file]

Message 123/188             15-Sep-02  @  04:32 AM   -   RE: september 11th

dissonance

GET YOUR WAR ON!

dissonance

Message 124/188             15-Sep-02  @  04:35 AM   -   RE: september 11th

dissonance

[image file]

Message 125/188             15-Sep-02  @  04:35 AM   -   RE: september 11th

dissonance

[image file]

Message 126/188             15-Sep-02  @  04:35 AM   -   RE: september 11th

dissonance

[image file]

Message 127/188             15-Sep-02  @  04:36 AM   -   RE: september 11th

dissonance

[image file]

Message 128/188             15-Sep-02  @  04:36 AM   -   RE: september 11th

dissonance

[image file]

Message 129/188             15-Sep-02  @  05:17 AM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

damn dude. got some free time?

Message 130/188             15-Sep-02  @  05:40 AM   -   RE: september 11th

dissonance

Why?

do you want to borrow some?

dissonance

Message 131/188             15-Sep-02  @  09:09 AM   -   RE: september 11th

swanofnever

okay, i REALLY tried to stay away from this thread, but
sadly it's now 4am and i made the mistake of reading it.

first of all, brett... i have no words.
i don't even want to get into what's wrong with "doing
what is necassary to keep us strong as a nation"
etc.etc.etc. ad nauseum. it just makes me depressed to
think about you.

secondly, i'm glad that not EVERYONE in the US has
been reduced to a frothing mass of blind haters.
seriously... all that "homeland security" shit really gives
me the creeps. and that spy-on-your-neighbors shit...
you guys need to do something about that FAST.

like, maybe some non-US history would help? i'd like to
beleive that anyone familiar enough with WWII-era
nazi germany would be able to rise above the bullshit.

what would happen if EVERY non-US country officially
decided to oppose the "war on terrorism"? what would
the US do? could they still keep up the good-guy crap
when they're taking on the entire world? cause right
now that looks like the only thing (total anti-US
solidarity) that could help. not that it would ever
happen. still... it would be so nice to see some REAL
justice.

anyway... very tired, sorry for the senselessness...
raigan

Message 132/188             15-Sep-02  @  10:30 AM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

but what would real justice be? murdering american citizens for their apathy?

Message 133/188             15-Sep-02  @  11:53 AM   -   RE: september 11th

k

i think it's a brilliant thread!!.... seeing how real discussion about a serious subject that'll effect all our lives & our reality really frightens and incenses some people... lol! -

But what I REALLY like the best about DT forums is the way it has a built in functionality that makes sure the forums is never populated by a bunch of right wing wannabe intellectual idiots like most other 'tech' forums on the www...

notice the way the right wingers here have been exposed by this thread?... what a laugh.

also some of it is frightening.... we are rational people here aren't we?... not hero-worshipping kids with some distorted reality of the 'music-biz'... and we are all involved in this scenario which is building in the world by the default of living where we do .... it's VERY important to everyone, and it's amazing how some people seem to think that discussing this is some aberration and that we are supposed to all just carry on like good blind little sheep discussing the latest roland boxes etc while our 'good' politicians run tings to disaster and turn ALL OF US into the most hated people on the planet!!!!

Guys ... lets get something straight here... this is OUR generations 'Cuban missile crisis' - this is not a game here.

If you REALLY think that with all this going on people can just ignore it and carry on having banal discussions about reverb units etc then fine...

Now yes, I'm aware how some forums crush debate on the www, banning any OT discussion, and that is all part of the problem - we now have this wonderful www for human communication and the first thing that happens is.... free discussion is banned on it???

Now yes it is true that in the 90's corporates took over the dance industry, and it turned into some geek sponsored circus like the football industry...

BUT, the majority of people doing this shit, running the core of the scene going back to it's roots, is the squat/free festival etc underground crowd, and that tends to dwell in a left-wing, socialist thinking, multi-cultural-accpting scene where the people gravitate toward this type of anti-corporate, left-wing, free-beleif, culturaly-tolerant politic....

C'mon here and THINK about it.... from the early days of the 'rave' scene, or the traveller/free festie/protest scene... from the early days of Glastonbury when it was run free by a bunch of happy helpful volunteers like my cousin who lives in a caravan and has been helping out for free up at the farmhouse since the 70's... before the mean fiddler group & the 'TV station rights' & 'record company new-band promotions' took it over... or mebbe choose the Goa free party scene, bringing back all that eastern influence to the music etc... even the early days of Ibiza was just a bunch of arty/hippies setting up some free/cheap raves a few people used to go out to attend and have a laugh.... Wherever you look from 'rave' to trance, from hip-hop to acid, this whole thing was started and run and progressed by left-wing, anti-govt, underground people, living in poverty/squats/estates etc on the whole who just were doing things. Early scene was held in places like the YMCA or the local youth club throwdowns, squatted dole-offices or other disused gov't buildings or warehouses or factories, putting on NOT ONLY esoteric newly-forming underground dance nights, but free art exibitions, poetry nights, bands, dance classes, all sorts of things... Forget all your yuppie ing warehouse sattchi sponsored galleries announced with a fanfare as some groundbreaking idea... they just stole the whole idea from places like the cool-tan or the Gin factory etc where you could go and see great art exibitions long before the yuppies stole the idea and 'corporatised' it...

Some forget that 'dance' finaly became like the new fashion in the 90's... some forget that suddenly the booze and cellphone companies etc took it over and flogged it into the masses while at the same time the corporate owned gov't still spent it's time utilising resources to crush the activities of the people who actualy started it all and keep it all going as they had always done from the word go... Don't you remember how our government faced with the hysteria of the original evil 'rave' scene (after the hysteria of the evil punk-scene) passed a law to make it illegal for more than 5 people to get together in any premises without persmission from the gov't? - this is STILL law and technicaly it is illegal and you can be arrested if you and some mates get together for a few beers & spliffs and to play some music or chat etc.. FACT... but they reserved the power of this Act to crush 'raves'...

Also you have things like the gov't wanting to include stuff like GM protest under the act of 'terrorism'... all where you look it is the nasty right wingers hiding behind their intolerance and hatred and self assumption of the god given right to tell everyone else how to ing live, running around passing laws to crush anything they cant control...

and as a matter of fact most of the people in the founding rave/techno/whatever groups/bands ALL mostly came from the punk/indie scene, the previously 'banned/legislated against' & officialy gov't branded 'evil' scene...

So dont be surprised to see this type of discussion OR to see that right-wing kids have infiltrated the scene....

I can guarantee this tho.. MOST of the activity STILL happening on a ground level, all the little eclectic 'nights' happening in bars & warehouses etc round the world is STILL run by those people while the little right winger wannabe's sit at home jerking-off over some new pre-amp in a music-tech mag that they beleive will finaly get them that elusive record-deal so they can be 'famous', and otherwise just whining about stuff.

Don't forget where DANCETECH came from... this is NOT some glossy money-launched corporate owned site for flogging corporate tat & philosophy, to turn kids into some blind obedient consumers of crap.... This site started as a litle homepage to tell people that they can get a studio together & go out and play gigs with a some chreap s/h gear...

This site was setup and started as a little set of pages to help people NOT to be conned into thinking they had to buy the latest 'dance-branded' kit to make music... to show newbies that they dont have to be conned to beleive they MUST buy 2 grand pre-amps to get a 'good' vocal sound, or buy expensive 'studio-monitors' to mix with etc... I'm sick of seeing poor kids getting conned by wankers in music shops into buying shit they dont need when they could be out playing gigs and making tunes & having fun with the right advice.

Now... do something!!!!!!!!!

get involved!... start some night in your area, put on bands or new local DJ's, start a local music newletter, start a venue, just ing do something to contribute and stop your whinging and tantrum throwing and chucking the rattle out of the pram all the time.

'Every real prayer has a physical action'

the rest is just talking...

Message 134/188             15-Sep-02  @  12:34 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

"But what I REALLY like the best about DT forums is the way it has a built in functionality that makes sure the forums is never populated by a bunch of right wing wannabe intellectual idiots like most other 'tech' forums on the www..."

in all hopes, sometimes it can be the best thing you can do.. musicians are communicators, and sharing ideas with communicators is like a highly concentrated form of communication.

Message 135/188             15-Sep-02  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: september 11th

k

all I mean is, there's something about the site that seems to deter those gassbags guys who have no real experience but learned it all from reading it, then they argue the toss all day about stuff they know jack shit about in reality... The kinda people who will say to a newbie that they cannot use a cheap mic for example, who always advocate really expensive solutions quoting the same brand-names, or who insist 24 bit has to be 'better' etc... in other words their entire approach to the recording art is based in the concept that it is some sort of clinical task where total cleanliness is the only and most desired result.... no matter about style or content or having an edge, just pat useless stereo-typed answers.... that lot... and usualy their music is souless drivel..

Message 136/188             15-Sep-02  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

You don't mean ... *shudder* west coast lounge jazz?

Message 137/188             15-Sep-02  @  10:17 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

that's because it's your site, k, and the regulars here harmonise with you on some levels. i reckon the rightwingers here just get a pernicious little thrill out of the freewheeling left's kooky naughtyness.

take over the whole freaking web, man. gawd, i could eat me some bad people like smarties or goldfish or something.

Message 138/188             16-Sep-02  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: september 11th

John Major

Wasn't like this in my day. Norma pass the peas please.

Message 139/188             16-Sep-02  @  02:27 AM   -   RE: september 11th

formant

i think it just annoys most of you that the 3-4 "right-wingers" have managed to stay here this long..

i also think its funny how anyone "right" is morally and intellectually inferior to those not so inclined.

but does anyone read what i write or do they see the name 'formant' and their mind immediately brings up all the stereotypes and connotations that they have associated with my name.

but yah K, i like the fact that you let us shoot the breeze.

but if it wasn't for the few 'rightwingers' here you guys would just be arguing shades of liberal and thats never as fun.

i enjoy seeing xoxos's seething cynicism and intellectual arrogance....

i enjoy seeing pongoids view of the world because he is the only liberal on this board that sounds like he is talking what he believes instead of 'what a good liberal' is supposed to say...

i enjoy k talking about his son and giving a different perspective on race issues...

i enjoy wondering if influx is ever gonna get caught by the tax man for his ebay loot... (jk)

i enjoy tortoise who can, at the drop of a hat drop more facts about the *most* obscure topics known to man than you knew were possible...

i admire zazza for the fact he may be the only human being with more time on his hands than is humanly possible!

each of you guys over the years has built up little personalities in my head. we are all a bit wierd and out of the norm here but in general its always fun conversation.

personally, i would hope that we could all have a bit of comradity (sp?) because of the fact we all dig producing etc in spite of our differences.

so yah K lets keep the thoughts flowing.... and keep allowing us inferior 'rightwingers' to pollute your board or it would get boring, ya know?

jamey

Message 140/188             16-Sep-02  @  04:19 AM   -   RE: september 11th

spinback

cant keep quiet any longer.

i think at the end of this year a

'most insensitive and badly timed thread'

award should be added....

sorry to upset the free-thinkers

Message 141/188             16-Sep-02  @  04:27 AM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

"i enjoy wondering if influx is ever gonna get caught by the tax man for his ebay loot... (jk)"

ahahahahha!

Message 142/188             16-Sep-02  @  05:05 AM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

you know, formant....you use the word 'liberal' way too often

the core political definition of a liberal is usually someone who desires a large government involvement, no?

I really dont think I or pongoid, or any of the other folks here you call liberals truly qualify!

Message 143/188             16-Sep-02  @  07:44 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Breakerbox

I am not a liberal.. I just dont want to get fucked in the ass by giant corporations and help kill innocent people or pay 10 year olds 20 cents a day to make shoes.. Am I asking for too much? Does it make me a liberal?

Message 144/188             16-Sep-02  @  10:45 AM   -   RE: september 11th

milan

camaraderie formant, apparently...

Message 145/188             16-Sep-02  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

arrogance? it's not arogance if other people are really stupid.

Message 146/188             16-Sep-02  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: september 11th

formant

see i LOVE it xoxos :-)

yes comaradarie was the word escaping my lips (call it bush disease)

to a right winger, liberitatrians are liberals too :-)

jamey

Message 147/188             16-Sep-02  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: september 11th

bedwyr

exaclty, thatcher was following classic liberal economic policy over here, but you'd never call her a "liberal". it's a funny old word/world.

Message 148/188             16-Sep-02  @  02:38 PM     Edit: 16-Sep-02  |  02:39 PM   -   RE: september 11th

milan

oh swell... now you wanna kiss and make up :P

the thing is, i have just watched the animation which started this whole thread. and i have to say it is an utter piece of bull, cheesy beyond belief, accompanied by a chart hit, and assembled in way that to me takes the piss out of the whole horrible event. sorry, its looks like a bloody joke. i cant believe that a presentation like this makes any one here feel patriotic!

Message 149/188             16-Sep-02  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: september 11th

realtrance

k you're my hero today. Got laid off from a job in a world I never really wanted to be, except I thought it would keep my family safe. Well it did, for a time, but being a slave isn't good for my family.

This line:

"stop your whinging and tantrum throwing and chucking the rattle out of the pram all the time"

gave me my first good laugh since getting laid off.

I think I'll just chuck it all and go start a music letter and live out of my car.

Thank you for your strength, and to hell with the whingers, _and_ the whinging.

One thing I've learned: the higher up on the greed chain you are, the more whingeing you do. It's amazing, but true. And the more you expect the news media to cover it and to give you a medal and put up a monument in your honor, for having done such a great job at whingeing.

Not for me. I'll go start a revolution instead.

rt

Message 150/188             16-Sep-02  @  03:38 PM   -   RE: september 11th

cheddar

try a half revolution instead

Message 151/188             16-Sep-02  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: september 11th

espoo2

Oh god, people.

Simple question/solution:

Why the hell do we have to meddle with everyone's business? 9-11 wouldnt have happened had we not been f'ing with the arabs for years and years to get our slimy hands on their oil.

Message 152/188             16-Sep-02  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

"its looks like a bloody joke. "

the funny part was...and what set me off..is that the site is called "politics and protest"?

should be called polemics and propaganda

Message 153/188             16-Sep-02  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

listen up churchy boy -

i got a call today at work. "city and state please?"

"norwich house"

apparently norwich house or something.. norris.. is some building at michigan state u. now what the fuck kind of intelligent being thinks just saying "norwich house" is going to get you there from a public *411 service?

that's fucking pig ignorance, my friend. downright disgusting in a 'college level education.'

i've repeatedly mentioned the 12 year old-sounding kid who called me up.. "john's house.."

so if i say "the people are fucking pig ignorant robots with piss in their skulls" it's NOT arrogance, you got that?

do you understand? that's downright pragmatic realism. i'm just calling it what it is.

Message 154/188             16-Sep-02  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

and btw i get about 600 real contacts per day so i think i have a better idea of public (cell phone 411 callin) cogency than you.

they're fucking ding dongs, a really great proportion of them. a great, big, sad, horrific proportion.

Message 155/188             16-Sep-02  @  08:32 PM     Edit: 16-Sep-02  |  08:34 PM   -   RE: september 11th

pict

That's why I've become so reclusive Xoxos, dealing with the general public is like wading through a loch of treacle that is up to your oxters.

Message 156/188             16-Sep-02  @  09:45 PM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

you know...Im only probably half idiot as compared to 75%+ for most people, and..I TRY to give them the benefit of the doubt, but..

I ran across an AOL board the other day..opinions about bush and current US affairs...

benefit of the doubt OUT the window. theyre idiots. all of em

at least Im only half

Message 157/188             16-Sep-02  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: september 11th

formant

well that explains why you are so jaded at least x :-)

you know inbound will make you looney? its not as if you are the only one who has worked it. people were not any smarter in 1992-5. actually yes they probably were.

public education.

but thats another thread.

jamey

Message 158/188             16-Sep-02  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: september 11th

bench

this thread rocks, even though it's giving me a headache. open discussion it exactly what's needed, it's the antithesis of patriotism, nationalism, so many other 'isms.

Message 159/188             17-Sep-02  @  12:20 AM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

I dont see anything wrong with patriotism...

not all isms are detrimental...love of ones country is a great thing as long as it's tempered...I say

Message 160/188             17-Sep-02  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

Unfortunately it's too easy to end up hating someone elses...

Message 161/188             18-Sep-02  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

ergo my 'travel' comment in other thread  

Message 162/188             19-Sep-02  @  07:03 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

See Dubyah and Donald are getting desperate to go to war... so much for the UN...

Wonder why Sadaam banned US oil companies from Iraq?

hmmmm...

Message 163/188             20-Sep-02  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Pongoid

Please do not dream of putting Saddam on the moral high ground here. I have nothing at all against the people of the Middle East, with the exception that most of them are poor, illiterate and led by powerhungry fucks that want to keep the power and riches of the world for themselves, and want to demonize others, in order to divert attention form their own heinous dees. That's is the way of the world, and has been. We have to have a slightly more sophisticated way of doing things here, because our literacy is higher, but leaders from time immemorial have pulled this shit. "Look at the Bad Guy!!! I'll save you from her/it/her and lead you to victory, and prosperity afterwards and you'll never have worry about....bla bla bla bla..". Same old shit from ALL of them. Don't ask stupid questions, in the hopes of demonizing one while justifying the other. All parties of leadership involved in this conflict are fucked up self serving small-minded self-ass-fisting piles of shit that need to be swept up and jettisoned into the vacuum of space with no suits, so that none of their energy will ever get further than burning up in our atmosphere, should they ever try to return, but until such time as we can make that a reality...let's at least try asking the right questions, like how do WE fix this mess since it's obvious that those who try to be in charge obviously don't want to fix things.

Ape

Message 164/188             20-Sep-02  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

vote for the green party?

Message 165/188             21-Sep-02  @  01:58 AM   -   RE: september 11th

formant

"if it came down to it, folks...you and yours are the ones who would desire absolute compliance...and if it came down to war? yes...you would fight and kill non christians simply for being non christian "

remember when i was rambling on about religious freedom?

when nation-states are married to religion, you get people killing people for not being the same flavor as the nation-state.

rome did it to christians

christians did it to muslims

christian catholics did it to christian protestants

christian protestants did it to christian protestants

etc etc etc over the course of like 1800 years.

now we have actually had religious freedom for a while and people loose all sense of history.

the *only* time christians kill anyone is when it is a christianity that is melded into the nation state.

right now muslims and communists are the biggest murderers of christians in the world. so don't suggest that its not happening now. it is.

and please don't suggest that my religion says that we are to kill people who are not in my religion. it says the complete opposite. you can look it up for yourself in the new testament. the koran, on the other hand is very explicit on what to do with infidels, you can look it up yourself.... hence my rantings on this thread.

if anyone was to *really* follow the teachings of christ they would become a true pacifist like the earliest christians were.... i am not there yet.

jamey

Message 166/188             21-Sep-02  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

right, that's me a muslim convert, voting communist  

Message 167/188             21-Sep-02  @  10:52 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

formant: I find myself agreeing with you totally about the state and religion. Religion is bad enough, but married to the state it is a nightmare.. whether christain or muslim or whatever..

formant:'if anyone was to *really* follow the teachings of christ they would become a true pacifist like the earliest christians were.... i am not there yet. '

Indeed, the romans used to throw the christians to the lions for being pacifists and refusing to serve in the army..

Unforunately, though, a lot of christians adhere to the old testament as well as the new and that is pretty bloodthirsty...

Message 168/188             21-Sep-02  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: september 11th

k

hey!!!!!!.... who stole my frikkin oxen man!!???... heh heh

I like that story about Nasrudin... the one where his neighbour borrows his big cooking pot... The neighbour is a bit of a joker and decides to take the piss a bit... So when he returns the pot, he hands over Nasrudin's pot, AND another litle pot.

Nasrudin asks, "So what's with this little pot"?

"Oh" says the neighbour, "they bred over in my kitchen and according to the law, as you own the big pot which gave birth, this new little pot belongs to you!"

Nasrudin thinks.. "Ok then mr Joker"... and carries on until one day he needs to borrow his neighbours large pot in return...

After a few days the neighbour is getting upset because nasrudin has not returned his pot, so he goes round and raps on the door...

"Where's my cooking pot you borrowed nasrudin?" , he asks...

"Well" says Nasrudin, "sadly, it died!... so you can't have it back!...."

"How can a cooking pot 'die' " ??, splutters his neighbour...

"Well, we did establish the fact that the pots are mortal didnt we!?

cracks me up that one... er...

Message 169/188             21-Sep-02  @  01:13 PM     Edit: 21-Sep-02  |  01:42 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

Hey, looks like China is next on the agenda.. what a surprise..

BBC News

If you want to see the blueprint for all this stuff.. read this:

RebuildingAmericasDefenses

written in 2000, commisioned by Cheney et al.

News article here
Bush planned Iraq 'regime change' before becoming President

and here's the new policy document from the whitehouse

Message 170/188             21-Sep-02  @  01:40 PM     Edit: 21-Sep-02  |  01:40 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

Message 171/188             21-Sep-02  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

"In pursuing advanced military capabilities that can threaten its neighbours in the Asia-Pacific region, China is following an outdated path that, in the end, will hamper its own pursuit of national greatness,"

you, know, it really might be worth pointing out the hypoc..

no, actually, i'd probably just be wasting my breath, wouldn't i

Message 172/188             21-Sep-02  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

I guess it's 'outdated' in the sense that any other country apart from the USA is supposed to forget about wielding power..

From this moment on we are all citizens of the Greater America.

Message 173/188             21-Sep-02  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: september 11th

formant

heh zazza and i found a point of agreement, be it ever so small :-)

"for being pacifists and refusing to serve in the army" well depending on the emporer it was normally failing to participate in the official roman religion that got them killed. no sacrifice given to ceaser, then they were killed.

did you know that the romans called christians 'athiests' because they worshipped an invisible god that wasn't a statue you could see and touch?

jamey

Message 174/188             21-Sep-02  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

Yup, and I believed they refused to pay taxes for war and suchlike.. how times have changed...

Message 175/188             21-Sep-02  @  06:16 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

formant do you feel that all these examples of xian persecution somehow glorify/justify your religion??   come on now, tell the truth..

Message 176/188             21-Sep-02  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: september 11th

formant

your statement in general seems to connotate some kind of inferiority of my religion that it would need justification and glorification?

i think that christianity needs neither.

but yes xoxos i definately look back to them as role models...

jamey

Message 177/188             21-Sep-02  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

So you prepared to martyr yourself rather than promote or engage in war then?

Message 178/188             22-Sep-02  @  12:04 PM   -   RE: september 11th

milan

lets stone him ;)

Message 179/188             22-Sep-02  @  01:13 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

bag of gravel please...!

Message 180/188             22-Sep-02  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: september 11th

BJT

BELEIVE!

Message 181/188             22-Sep-02  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: september 11th

milan

LOL! "we report- you beleive!"

Message 182/188             22-Sep-02  @  08:10 PM   -   RE: september 11th

formant

"if anyone was to *really* follow the teachings of christ they would become a true pacifist like the earliest christians were.... i am not there yet"

Message 183/188             22-Sep-02  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: september 11th

xoxos

thanks for blaming your connotations on me.. *sigh*

Message 184/188             23-Sep-02  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

God is on our side.. *THWACKKKKKK*

heh

Message 185/188             23-Sep-02  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: september 11th

k

Welease Wodger!!  

Message 186/188             24-Sep-02  @  07:28 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

Wodewick!

Message 187/188             24-Sep-02  @  07:46 AM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

mawwwage

Message 188/188             24-Sep-02  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: september 11th

k

RIGHT!... I warned you!!... If you say that one more time, I'll take you to the fackin' cleaners mate!!!!!  

Viewing all 188 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19

There are 188 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)